Good leasing deal.......???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonnyFitz

Car
CLS 250 Sport
I currently have a E350 cdi coupe 11 plate 9k miles. Due to a change in circumstances I need to free up some cash (moving house). Bought the car in March financing £15k on HP - 36 x £455 monthly. I currently owe around 12k on finance. A localish MB dealer have offered me a C250 CGi 60 plate (no COMAND) on the following terms;
£28k for my car
£3k deposit on c class - 24 x £220 per month 15k mileage with a £13k balloon
They will settle the outstanding finance which will give me around £13k in cash

I have never done a PCP deal previously, can anybody who has comment on whether the above is a good deal (apart from the massive hit I will be taking on the E350).

Random thoughts...

Not having looked at any leasing web sites, 3k down and 220/month doesn't sound much so could be good for a C250. How much are they nearly new? Then I'd look at what they might be worth after 3 years and compare that to the 13k balloon.

Other thoughts.... how much are they going for privately (take asking prices and substract a chunk)? Will that give you more than 16k cash (13 back + 3 for a deposit)?

Of course, they might not offer the same PCP rate if you sold the car separately.

Jon

250 CGI "60" this is a pre facelift petrol model so it's not a surprise you're being offered a good deal on it. It's not a fast moving model, people want diesel for power and economy.

I'd say you'd probably get a better deal looking at a New C class, even if it's made up with a higher offer for your 350. Ask them what unregisterd stock models they have available for registration before 31/12/2011. You'll get a deal as that is quarter end.

Talk to a Mercedes Factory dealership, not a franchise, I found offers differed quite substantially when I shopped in my "60" ML300 for a C-class estate for exactly the same reasons, to free up cash.

The trade in I was offered varied by £3000 between Mercedes Main dealers against the same new car.

Mercedes factory owned dealers can be found here:-

Mercedes-Benz Retail

Last edited:
I currently have a E350 cdi coupe 11 plate 9k miles. Due to a change in circumstances I need to free up some cash (moving house). Bought the car in March financing £15k on HP - 36 x £455 monthly. I currently owe around 12k on finance. A localish MB dealer have offered me a C250 CGi 60 plate (no COMAND) on the following terms;
£28k for my car
£3k deposit on c class - 24 x £220 per month 15k mileage with a £13k balloon
They will settle the outstanding finance which will give me around £13k in cash

I have never done a PCP deal previously, can anybody who has comment on whether the above is a good deal (apart from the massive hit I will be taking on the E350).

If the deal works for you then go for it,i like the balance of power/mpg the c250cgi offers.

Plus Diesel is 10p per litre more expensive, you'd need to be travelling a serious amount of mile to recoup the extra purchase and run costs of the equivalent Diesel model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom