How much do you pay for insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have had my car insurance with Aviva for the last 4 years and have been pretty happy with them.
The first policy I got with them was through Adrain Flux as I wanted my wife (then on a provisional license) to be able to drive my Megan R26 as a named driver.
I paid slightly through the teeth for that as expected but once she got her full license, Adrian Flux renewal quote was £300 more than Aviva offered direct so I stayed with them without the middle-man so to speak.

So having signed on the dotted line for my C63 (which I'll collect on Saturday) I had to get some quotes.
My renewal is due on June 21 and Aviva quoted me £1450 for me only on the C63 and my wife's Picanto with me as a named driver.
Needless to say that elicited a sharp intake of breath.
A follow up quote (single car only) for the C63 with Aviva resulted in a quote of £1150.
Direct line wanted £424 (single car policy)
Admiral wanted £525 (single car policy)
After a couple of other quotes and comparisons of multi-car policies, Aviva (who absolutely refuse to price match) have lost my business and our two cars will be covered by Admiral for just under £700.

I can't believe Aviva won't compete. House insurance is up in June too, I can see them losing even more business......
Aviva did the same to me and I went with Admiral too ..thank god I don't have to get insurance any more ,it comes inc with lease :bannana:

Hmmm - just had renewal notice from Aviva
SLK - SWMBO & myself as drivers, full protected NCD
L200 - Self & SWMBO as drivers, full protected NCD
Volvo C30 - number 2 son (23 yr old), SWMBO & self as drivers, 5yr protected NCD
Total premium £989 after multi car discount & renew on line discount.

We know we are paying a bit over the top for the SLK, however my L200 is way cheaper than other quotes I've had in the past. Previously we have had the multi car policy as it has helped sons with their premiums.
This year number 1 son has a company car and number 2 son says he can get his insurance a bit cheaper elsewhere. Turned out that the best he could get in the end was a saving of £5 to £6 although the other quote did guarantee a courtesy car.

So I phone Aviva and ask if there is a chance of a reduction as we think we can get 2 of the vehicles cheaper elsewhere. Get put on hold then told that they will reduce quote to £878. I ask if I then need to take the policy out on line to get a further £20 off. Again put on hold, then told I can have the £20 off by paying there & then.
So £131 off what was already off a reasonable price:thumb:
Aviva get the business.

Hmmm - just had renewal notice from Aviva
SLK - SWMBO & myself as drivers, full protected NCD
L200 - Self & SWMBO as drivers, full protected NCD
Volvo C30 - number 2 son (23 yr old), SWMBO & self as drivers, 5yr protected NCD
Total premium £989 after multi car discount & renew on line discount.

We know we are paying a bit over the top for the SLK, however my L200 is way cheaper than other quotes I've had in the past. Previously we have had the multi car policy as it has helped sons with their premiums.
This year number 1 son has a company car and number 2 son says he can get his insurance a bit cheaper elsewhere. Turned out that the best he could get in the end was a saving of £5 to £6 although the other quote did guarantee a courtesy car.

So I phone Aviva and ask if there is a chance of a reduction as we think we can get 2 of the vehicles cheaper elsewhere. Get put on hold then told that they will reduce quote to £878. I ask if I then need to take the policy out on line to get a further £20 off. Again put on hold, then told I can have the £20 off by paying there & then.
So £131 off what was already off a reasonable price:thumb:
Aviva get the business.
There rubbish on high performance cars tho wanted £1500 for my S500L got it for 1/3 of that in end ...all they keeped saying to me was but it's a 5 lt v8 tho morons

No idea why these threads are started so many variables, postcode, Driving history, age you could go on.

If you don't like them don't join in :doh:

Deane x , I don't recall saying I didn't like them.

I feel you've have piped up as you tried to mock a new member for a AMG badge on a non amg car, I then posted a link on what you had done to your previous vehicle which was to say a contraction lol.

Im paying £141 fully comp on my 99 c43 and £71 fully comp on my 96 c200 sport,both are on classic car insurance though with 6000 miles p/a. No claims does not apply on classic car insurance BUT you must have another car which is your regular driver,in my case a vectra 2.0 dti which i pay £280 fully comp with 6 ncb in Birmingham so 3 cars that i pay less than £500 in total. Both mercs are garaged overnight so that helps with the premium aswell. I have got the classic car insurance from Footman James

Does anybody know a good company for modified cars.

I was with privilege but when I let them know what mods I had done they would no longer cover me at any cost.

Try Performance Direct,ring them for a cheaper price than online

I paid £79 for my CLK270 insurance fully comp.

Not for a full year though. :D

Try Performance Direct,ring them for a cheaper price than online

Performance Direct ?
I currently pay £335 for my insurance, they wanted £13,536.15 off me :eek:

Needless to say I didn't bother phoning them for a cheaper price, I'd assumed they didn't want my business :rolleyes:

SLK230 (R170), myself (52) and wife (47) to drive, fully comp including commuting, 9 years no claims, £350..... I live in a dodgy area....

Just got my renewal from Priviledge (spelling?) SLK280, 9 years ncd, i'm 60, no points, BD18 post code, fully comp = £160.00

Got my renewal in today for my E55K. Hastings Direct £234 9yrs NCB protected BH12 Poole postcode. I'm happy with the fact it's exactly the same as last years premium.

I'm still going to look around before taking up the offer though.

Got my renewal in today for my E55K. Hastings Direct £234 9yrs NCB protected BH12 Poole postcode. I'm happy with the fact it's exactly the same as last years premium.

I'm still going to look around before taking up the offer though.

Mine came through from Hastings direct this week. Renewal up £55 to £320 which was a little surprise. I will shop around again and see if that's a reflective price.

Mine came through from Hastings direct this week. Renewal up £55 to £320 which was a little surprise. I will shop around again and see if that's a reflective price.

Try getting a quote as a new customer on Money Supermaket or Confused.com.

Then call them if the quote is lower than your renewal offer.

Age 24. 4 years no claims

1 claim not at fault ( vehicle stolen)

2008 Mercedes cl500 5.5

£1200 fully comp

26 Y/O, 3 points acquired in 2013, 4 years NCB

2002 S55KL AMG

£570 Fully comprehensive, no named drivers

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom