Leasing an electric car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...by the time the car's 6+ years old it's worthless because no one is going to pay £6k for a replacement battery pack.

This has not been borne out by the Prius market or by Prius batteries

Inevitably there will be battery failures but as the battery is an conglomeration of many smaller cells it will be realistic to cut out & replace the bad cells. This repair business will evolve as the demand increases

You're right in a way - no-one will fork out £6k for a replacement battery - because none will be needed

But I think you're wrong when you say they will be worthless

Nick Froome

This has not been borne out by the Prius market or by Prius batteries

Inevitably there will be battery failures but as the battery is an conglomeration of many smaller cells it will be realistic to cut out & replace the bad cells. This repair business will evolve as the demand increases

You're right in a way - no-one will fork out £6k for a replacement battery - because none will be needed

But I think you're wrong when you say they will be worthless

Nick Froome

There is a taxi firm is the SW, they have a fleet of LEAFs, one has done over 100k miles and has lost ................................................................................................................................................................................................................

2% of it's battery capacity.

https://speakev.com/threads/c-c-taxis-100-000-mile-nissan-leaf-full-battery-included.8804/

Main Media - United Kingdom - Nissan Newsroom

BTW, 80 miles + AC and OH has a heavy right foot too. I reckon I could get over 95 miles.

I've just signed up to a 36 month PCP for a Renault Zoe! With metallic paint, three year service plan and battery's it works out at £185 a month (£70 battery's on 6000 pa) with a £599 deposit! Won't get it til October but will have the new R240 motor which is good for 150 odd miles (driving perfectly obviously!!) Great little car with a huge spec and much bigger than it looks!! Oh and turn off Eco mode and 60 comes in just over 8 seconds!

Better suited for city journeys, unless you have plenty of time to spare.

I see the odd one out in the country.

Having looked at the Zoe it can make good sense if your journey patterns suit it. If we decided to go with one then it would either be as a second car - or we'd factor in a given number of days per annum of convetional hire car for longer journeys.

C350CDI said:

My journey to work is 4 miles each way...... I'm going from a VERY expensive C32 AMG to a Zoe! For less than the Merc cost in fuel a month! 36 months of no worry motoring, instead of £1k each time the car even drives past a garage! That's if the rust doesn't disintegrate it before you get there!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom