M156 C63 Header Options?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StephenSJason

Car
C63 Supercharged
Hi all,

Three years down the line, I am still not out of love with my C63. I fleeted with replacing it with a V8 Vantage, R8 V10 and 997.2 Turbo, even a GTR but seriously nothing is close in terms of soul (perhaps Aston but it is slower) so I'm going to hang onto it and mitigate the extra performance I would get with some of the above by throwing money at my C63.

I've been over on MBWorld and it seems there is a huge choice of headers (plus all modified parts) in the US, but little here. I'm after some longtube headers with cats, so what are my options here in the U.K?

Longer term, I'll be throwing a Stage 2 Weistec system on it (Stage 3 with its ice tank and all that seems a little much to keep it just the fun, occasional car that it is to me).

Last edited:
Loads of options here too.

IPE, Armytrix, Cargraphic, MBH...

All can be shipped over with the right price.

MBH rhd headers seems to be highly raved about. But price is on a higher bracket!

Where is best place for supply of these? I'm not precious on brand, so equilibrium of price/quality is where I'm aiming. To be honest I could fit them myself but I'm away a lot, so supply/fit basis would be best. I'm down in Sussex.

I have the IPE headers on.....just remover if you keep the stock rear section on its going to be loud....and I mean loud.....neighbours will hate you on a morning with cold start.

Full valved exhaust in my opinion is the way forward then you can select hooligan mode when you feel like it or stay under radar when it suits

plus one if you are going for it then valved is the only choice otherwise neighbours will hate you and tbh i wouldnt blame them...mine makes people literally jump out of their skin when i fill up with my unleaded 89 octane fuel

Valve or not.. Starting up a C63 makes anyone in the street jumps anyday. Even a standard one, with no headers or exhaust mods.

Couldn't help but notice you list the R8 v10. Come on now its a mid engined 500bhp v10 sports car. The C63 is great but come on......

I have the IPE headers on.....just remover if you keep the stock rear section on its going to be loud....and I mean loud.....neighbours will hate you on a morning with cold start.

Full valved exhaust in my opinion is the way forward then you can select hooligan mode when you feel like it or stay under radar when it suits

Oh that's why my neighbour looks funny at me!!??lol

Couldn't help but notice you list the R8 v10. Come on now its a mid engined 500bhp v10 sports car. The C63 is great but come on......

Think you've missed one crucial word from the OP and that was soul. I'm sure the r8 is immense and is precision sharp but how does it feel, how engaged do you feel while behind the wheel etc. In the short time I have had my c63 all I can say is the c63 has a character and never fails whether in C or M to deliver an engagement in driver feeling. It's going to be a hard act to replace

Lee in your experience does leaving the headers as is and replace the centre with the X pipe have any significant power gains and does it make it to loud and more importantly does it give the car a droning sound in the cabin

Was thinking at time of mapping having headers fitted but with the feedback above they may be left alone

Cheers

Lee in your experience does leaving the headers as is and replace the centre with the X pipe have any significant power gains and does it make it to loud and more importantly does it give the car a droning sound in the cabin

Was thinking at time of mapping having headers fitted but with the feedback above they may be left alone

Cheers

Mine was mapped pre headers with Eurocharged V5 map. It only made 505bhp.

Once IPE headers fitted, it made 551bhp. Seems like the OEM manifold was restrictive.

X-pipe in place of secondary cats will increase flow slightly and increase bhp by ~5bhp. Sound may change a wee bit. Droning unlikely if OEM resonator still in. But droning tolerability is very much depends on individuals.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers Sirius, exhaust notes are all personal preference. Just liked the idea of having it mapped and while having it done get the most out of the mapping and replacing the headers from what I've read seemed the way to go. Appreciate the input

May just leave it as is and just map it. I'm not so fussed right now about headline figures and more the improvement you get threw the range after mapping

Cheers Sirius, exhaust notes are all personal preference. Just liked the idea of having it mapped and while having it done get the most out of the mapping and replacing the headers from what I've read seemed the way to go. Appreciate the input

May just leave it as is and just map it. I'm not so fussed right now about headline figures and more the improvement you get threw the range after mapping

Yeah. Eurocharged Remap does improve the car through the range, no question about that. Butt dyno will tell you its feels like a completely different car. Loadsa pops and bangs.

Think you've missed one crucial word from the OP and that was soul. I'm sure the r8 is immense and is precision sharp but how does it feel, how engaged do you feel while behind the wheel etc. In the short time I have had my c63 all I can say is the c63 has a character and never fails whether in C or M to deliver an engagement in driver feeling. It's going to be a hard act to replace

Well ive not driven an R8, and doubt I ever will, but reading reviews of people who have, I don't think you can say its not engaging.

A C63 is a C class with a brilliant engine in.

Cheers

Just to reiterate what Lee says mine has IPE headers and the standard exhaust and you would not believe how loud it is hahaha. Cold start it barks so loud that you will make people jump and drop a nugget.

Tbh I've got used to it now but a lot of people will say it's too loud. It does sound absolutely amazing and very aggressive. A standard C63 in comparison is so quiet and the added performance is very noticeable over standard as well.

Any chance of a video clip as I'm really curious and unfortunately you both live far to far away to hear it in person

If you live within 100miles of a C63 with long tube headers and the stock exhaust you will hear it on cold start lol.

i have a set if your interested

For the w204 c63 guys I'm selling the front half of my IPE exhaust it's 2years old in great condition it will come with headers and front pipes no cats
2300 AUD + you pay for shipping
I will be taking it off the car next Wednesday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom