• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Man Flu

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
Clinically proven to be more uncomfortable that childbirth. Does anyone have a quick cure other than, bottle of Scotch, just gave me a headache, lemsip, just did nothing, vick, was just smelly.

Last edited:
A blast down the Kirkham bypass in a 300E-24v? :devil:

Get well soon Ian :)

this one you have to work through...had it since thursday ....nothing helps blocked nose ...sore eyes ....thumping head ....legs like lead.....best thing get plenty of high energy food and stuff your face plenty of water ...and the odd orange ......and think yourself lucky you can smell the vicks:D

I find Lemsip cold and flu capsules do the job.
Get well soon mate, you need to look after yourself at your age

Last edited:
I find Lemsip cold and flue capsules do the job.
Get well soon mate, you need to look after yourself at your age
Just remind me to give you or your cars a kicking next time we meet :devil: At my age? I ask you, whats he playing at?

Awww, you poor poppet, man flu IS bad isn't it? Woman just don't understand.

Awww, you poor poppet, man flu IS bad isn't it? Woman just don't understand.

Yeah we do :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :D

Sorry you're feeling pants Ian - must admit I find Sudafed tab's plus a painkiller do the trick. Night Nurse for the night time - the medicine not the uniformed kind :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is my patented cure for manflu!!

1 can of Heinz Mulligatawny soup, 6 cans of Stella and two paracetamol, retire to bed and in the morning you will be fine!!

I have the cure, but let's keep it to us blokes, right??

Oi Pammy, no peeking!!

Step #1: Chicken Jalfrezi, Pilau Rice, Plain Naan - oh and a couple of popadums with lots of onion salad.

Step #2: Hot shower and shave.

Step #3: Tootle to bed.

Step #4: Wake in the morning, but don't mention the fact you feel great.

Step #5: Milk it as far as you dare before you wife, boss, mother or some other dominant force in your life starts to look a bit miffed.

PS Curry and shower really does help me if I feel the symptoms coming on, although I fear it may be too late for Ian. May the force be with you, oh and the Jalfrezi is number 64 on the menu. ;)

Oi Pammy, no peeking!!

Step #1: Chicken Jalfrezi, Pilau Rice, Plain Naan - oh and a couple of popadums with lots of onion salad.

Step #5: Milk it as far as you dare before you wife, boss, mother or some other dominant force in your life starts to look a bit miffed.

PS Curry and shower really does help me if I feel the symptoms coming on, although I fear it may be too late for Ian. May the force be with you, oh and the Jalfrezi is number 64 on the menu. ;)

There is some logic to this, it seems that the chile in curry has some sort of curative properties, hence my Mulligatawny soup cure!!!

Oi Pammy, no peeking!!

lol - and you think there's anything there that I don't already know about :rolleyes: :D :D

Don't forget we women are all seeing and all knowing - usually ;) :D mainly coz we invented it first :p

There is some logic to this, it seems that the chile in curry has some sort of curative properties, hence my Mulligatawny soup cure!!!
I just thought the same thing when I noticed we posted at exactly the same time!!

lol - and you think there's anything there that I don't already know about :rolleyes: :D :D

Don't forget we women are all seeing and all knowing - usually ;) :D mainly coz we invented it first :p
All seeing, all knowing - and ignoring all instructions!! I clearly said "no peeking!!" ;) :D

[EvilVillain] I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky women!! [/EvilVillain]

All seeing, all knowing - and ignoring all instructions!! I clearly said "no peeking!!" ;) :D

[EvilVillain] I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky women!! [/EvilVillain]

he he - I rarely do as I'm told :devil: :devil: Unless it's Grav telling me to go play with his E55 - then I do exactly as instructed :p :p

Oi Pammy, no peeking!!

the shower and shave are top of my list ....first thing i did thursday eve shave off the goaty ....clean and a good splash of brut

I think my anti-virus software has let me down.

It seems I've caught Ian's manflu - but mine is far far worse. I can't believe the symptoms have come on so quickly - and I've already had my tea so a number 64 is out of the question.

Sniffle.

PS I'm not joking either. :(

That's a known cure against all things living. Should be enough to kill off any virus or bacteria.

Kills of any living thing not just viruses or bacteria

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom