Meet Silvia the s211 e55 7 seater

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All the best with the sale of that immaculate car. It's a credit to you the way you look after your cars. Someone will be getting a gem. Is a shame you can't hold onto it as the must be appreciating all the time now. All the best with the family hope all works out for you Gav.

Tom :thumb:

Sad to hear this is up for sale, I can only imagine how it must feel to sell a car you have spent so much time and effort into making it this good. Hopefully it will go to a forum member who will look after it. Big respect to you for putting your mum first, not many do. Good luck with the sale, I hope your circumstances change and you get to keep her. :thumb::thumb:

Gutted for you Gav, good luck with house and family, in a similar boat to you as had to sell the E63 for similar reasons. Lets catchup for a coffee sometime!

That sounds a great idea bud way over due, it’s certainly being a trying 2020, I forgot how stressful moving was. Thankyou for the kind words and of course help with my cars.:thumb:

All the Best for the future Gav :)

Thankyou peeps, i still have the Wifes little A140 to run about for abit until all the dust settles.

I dare say it will take a while to sell the property and maybe the car, but there isn't a Mad rush as Mum is still able to stay where she is for a little while yet also we haven't seen a property for sale that's suitable either.

Well couldn't resist,

A trip to Braintree tonight with the wife to see Bad boys 3, haha, there was only one car i was taking ;)

83286937_10157347709822284_1944338541077069824_n.jpg

The link to my For sale Video, i so love this car :(

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A Update to the thread final and last Drop, You guys should know im a straight talker and keep my word, I'll add the extra to my New Mortgage which isn't a great deal extra.

£12,999

Small update, finally got round to fitting a New Star on the engine cover , only taken me 2 yrs lol
View attachment 92958
View attachment 92959
much better

Looking good!

I need to do mine in amongst the 100 tiny other things i want to do like replace interior door handles (rubber coating comes off), spray the slam panel, replace bonnet lining, replace ashtray lid from when my daughter scratched it with sunglasses just to name a few.

I used a Star of a Spare wheel centre cap believe it or not, as it was 75mm which was the same as the Original, I took the old one apart cleaned the mesh part up fixed the new star in place and glued it all back together lol.

Just a small update for all you guys with a 722.6 transmission, most of you will notice the lump you get on the 1st or 2nd change when the car is cold, Thanks to the USA Mb world forum I finally managed to get to the bottom of it. All of my 211’s have done it to some extent but Silvia was the worst and boy what a difference now!! Completely smooth throughout no grabbing Tc when cold in the over run no more abrupt change wen cold. Valve body removed and a new Tc lock up valve replaced! Part number a1402770435 cost £50 Gen Mb

FB81C270-1363-455E-A6A0-F64BAE9CEF66.jpeg

28E3C900-6398-4712-AB82-59551E0CBD08.jpeg

FB81C270-1363-455E-A6A0-F64BAE9CEF66.jpeg

If your brave it’s well worth doing quite straight forward but nerve racking to say the least.

Link: Number 35 on the Valve body
GA 722.643 - ELECTRONIC-HYDRAULIC CONTROL UNIT > Mercedes EPC Online > nemigaparts.com

Thread
Jerk in transmission, -problem solved! - MBWorld.org Forums

Last edited:
FA35F961-86F5-464E-9C85-0B90164D3D10.jpeg
DA931305-43BB-4123-AB41-CD8354BBBF4D.jpeg

Good as new, I’d actually say she’s now got the smoothest box out of all my 211’s , on the down side I managed to put my back out !! So I’m now laid up :(

On the flip side you can see how mint the box is on the inside :)

Honestly peeps its well worth doing a Indie would charge around £800 for the above work.

Last edited:
Your right about that, my 211 and 212 have all done it, usually when I leave for work, stop at lights at end of road then pull away again the 1~2 or 2~3 jerks, done this from new.

Is the TC lockup solenoid a different/improved part? (sorry not read the links yet).

Sorry to hear about the back, I know how you feel.

Hi Pat yes its a revised part,

New number A2402701700

I promise its well worth doing The Mbworld thread is a hell of a read granted but worth while.

Im doing a fluid and filter change on a friends car c220 cdi and he now wants to change his too. i got it from the following

MERCEDES AUTOMATIC 7226 GEARBOX LOCK UP SOLENOID | eBay

£50 for Brand new MB one delivered next day. :)

My wife and i went out for a local drive earlier today and even she said how smooth it felt, Thats good enough for me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom