Merc Ebay seller gone bad????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I guess pretty O/T but I find it annoying that people are either "BEST BUYER/SELLER EVER!!!!" or "WORST BUYER/SELLER EVER!!!!" and nothing in-between.

I've only ever bought two items on ebay and never sold anything, I just left "good seller" for the guys I bought stuff off, one of them left me something similar and I think the other left me a "BEST BUYER EVER!!!!" type message ;) .

kikkthecat said:
My parts arrived this morning, 11 days after payment was made. I dont know what happened with his feedback over the last few weeks, he obviously has a problem of some sort but it didn't affect me and my order.

As far as I'm concerned I got a quick and efficient service although I was worried for a short while.

TIME TO START MODDING :D :D

I can understand your cause for concern, but hopefully now you will help try and restore this gentleman's reputation.

Perhap's not the 'Best Seller ever' :) but a 'Quick and efficient service' ;)

I just love stories with happy endings,

Regards,
John

glojo said:
Perhap's not the 'Best Seller ever' :) but a 'Quick and efficient service' ;)
This is where honesty is needed.

"Items took just over a week to arrive and are as described. Thanks"

or something like that. "BEST SELLER EVER!!!" tells you very little.

Shude said:
"BEST SELLER EVER!!!" tells you very little.

I was simply agreeing with your previous post in a humorous manner. (Failed miserably again) Wake UP!!!!! ;) and turn down the central heating.

John

A lot of sellers use the buyers feedback as a way of tracking the item has reached the buyer.
Hence they leave feedback after the buyer does.

kikkthecat said:
My parts arrived this morning, 11 days after payment was made. I dont know what happened with his feedback over the last few weeks, he obviously has a problem of some sort but it didn't affect me and my order.

As far as I'm concerned I got a quick and efficient service although I was worried for a short while.

TIME TO START MODDING :D :D

Glad your bits have arrived, I am still waiting for my grill so not looking too good, I paid immed on winning the item so no excuse really for any delay in sending the item. Not sure how long to leave it before I consider this missing/not sent etc. but not too pleased!

Just out of interest how was the item delivered? Was it a trackable/signed for package or just standard delivery by an unknown courier?

nictry said:
Just out of interest how was the item delivered? Was it a trackable/signed for package or just standard delivery by an unknown courier?

It was a plain white van with no markings but I did have to sign for it.

I also left positive feedback because despite the concerns I did get an efficient service.

Dieselman said:
A lot of sellers use the buyers feedback as a way of tracking the item has reached the buyer.
Hence they leave feedback after the buyer does.

i do this - only leave feedback once the buyer leaves it for me (the seller). otherwise if they dont like the item they will just leave negative without bothering to contact the seller if there is no risk they will get neg themselves.

its harsh but if you sell a lot on ebay then its important not to get negative for things that can be sorted out buy buyers dont let u know they are unsatisfied until they leave negative. and it ruins future sales just so a buyer has an extra rating. its not worth the risk for sellers.

It realy hacks me off that sellers "withold" feedback like that - it's abusing the system. They have absolutely no reason to wait and see what feedback they get before leaving any. If they accept a payment (paypal, credit card etc) then the buyers part of the transaction has been completed and the seller should be duty bound tp see that feedback is placed to reflect that - all too often it isn't and then buyers are left in the awkward position that they can be treated like crap by a seller but daren't leave feedback saying so in case they get retaliatory comments by the vendor.

Exactly that happened to me recently. I bought some software (advertised as genuine) and payed on a buy it now by credit card for the item plus first class postage.

Three weeks later a pirate copy of a previous release of the software arrived with a reused second hand stamp stuck on with sellotape and after 5 ignored emails I filed a complaint with eBay and Paypal to get a refund and quite reasonably left negative feedback - what does he do? immediately leaves me negative feedback saying i should be avoided which eBay won't remove because they can't be bothered as technically it doesn't break any of their rules :(

I think eBay has lost a lot of it's appeal to many folks now as more and more people are too busy trying to earn a living and not just sell stuff.

Andy

It is an awkward one from both sides. We all have to be cautious as both buyers and sellers. It spoils it for us genuine ones for which there are many of us and so far, touch wood :p I have had a good experience of both buying and selling.

andy_k said:
It realy hacks me off that sellers "withold" feedback like that - it's abusing the system. They have absolutely no reason to wait and see what feedback they get before leaving any. If they accept a payment (paypal, credit card etc) then the buyers part of the transaction has been completed and the seller should be duty bound tp see that feedback is placed to reflect that - all too often it isn't and then buyers are left in the awkward position that they can be treated like crap by a seller but daren't leave feedback saying so in case they get retaliatory comments by the vendor.

I agree, even though I'm happy with the transaction the guy I bought from is way too busy giving negative feedback to all who have a complaint he doesn't seem to have time to give me a positive even though I did for him. (3 items, 3 positives) I know it's only 12 hours ago but I just looked at the feedback he's given others and since 3rd Februaury he's given out 46 Negatives to 4 Positives. Seems even the satisfied customer isn't going to be fully satisfied.

I wouldn't even consider leaving feedback for a seller until they had left feedback for me even if I was completely satisfied. As Andy_K said, our part of the transaction has been fulfilled at that stage. A seller has an opportunity to respond to criticism afterwards but then that doesn't count as a neg to the buyer I don't think.

I think sellers should only be allowed to leave neg feedback for non-payers and not for any other reason

Totally agree with Andy here - witholding feedback for a buyer once they have paid is sly. You all know full well that the only reason people do this is to gag the buyer and prevent them from being able to leave honest and factual feedback.

You as a seller are not the judge of how well you have performed - the buyer is!

You only have to use the account of 'mb tuner' as an example. Deliberately witholding feedback so that people who complain (and quite rightly so by the look of things) will receive an extra kick in the ********. Totally wrong.

Oh, and if you think that by witholding feedback you will be able to keep your own feedback perfect - think again. Doesn't seem to work for 'mb tuner', but he has wrecked a load of other peoples feedback at the same time.

Will

No surprise here but sent MBTuner a nice polite email (in German) to advise that after nearly 3 weeks there is no sign of my grill and hoping he may be able to confirm whether/when the item was sent, no reply whatsover after 3 days! Looks likie I can kiss goodbye to my £40.

Interesting question here though, in any other circumstance where someone is selling goods and in the case of MBTuner has ripped customers off to the tune of approx £2500 (50 non received @ £50 each?) there would be a good case for theft/fraud yet with Ebay he seems to be able to continue trading untouched and unprosecuted?????? Surely there has to be legal redress against a seller like this or is he totally untouchable because he hides behind an ebay sellers account?

Update: Well surprise Surprise my CC company can't do anything as the transaction is with paypal not MBTuner so they cannot file a claim :( all I can do is go through Papal (which I have now done) I have also dropped Ralf a mail directly through the matrixcar sales email address, again very polite and mentioning that it is a shame the reputation of MBtuner/matrixcar is going downhill due to these problems and whether he would like to try and rectify the problems?

Last edited:
Have just received an email from Ralf (following the email to matrixcar.de directly) He states that the MBTuner is a subsidary who earns money from all sales? He says he will check into it as QUOTE 'as this is not satisfactory for us as well' QUOTE

Should be interesting to see if anything happens? (also noticed that today MB_Tuner has only 1 item for sale!!!!!! normally 10 pages or more, sopmething iffy going on?)

Last edited:
This is interesting information.
So Ralf is selling via an agent in the UK, who is pants. Ralfs probably had his B**** cut off for giving him a bad name.

Classic response rcvd now! Pypal advise me that MBtuner has responded that item sent through DE GLS with tracking no. xxxx30241480 (obscured part of info just in case!) anywway lo and behold manage to track down web site for GLS (http://www.gls-germany.com/en/software/connect.php3) and guess what it comes up with 'No data for the specified parcel number / ID Number found.' What a surprise!!!!! Looks like he has done this to other complaints too as other 'invalid' tracking no.s are shown in some of the feedback he has left!

Problem is I seem to have no way of telling Paypal that this is a 'duff' tracking no. I son't have any options other than to cancel my claim (or do nothing) seems a bit odd? Anyone got any ideas how I can tell Paypal he is just fobbing the claim off?

I bought my Grill last year from the German E-bay from Powerstyling Who is Ralf from Matrixcar and had no problems. Powerstyling's feedback seems acceptable for the amount of transactions lately.
I agree about the way sellers hold back feedback until the buyer has give theirs!! I always pay instantly via Paypal and as far as I'm concerned thats my side of the deal met and the seller should give feedback then, not wait till I've left feedback!! I think I've bought about 15 items, paid instantly and only once has the seller left feedback before me :mad:

Last edited:
Speaking of which, when I joined eBay a couple of years ago, there was a file somewhere (which I need to look better for) that outlined that sellers should leave feedback once the payment has been received and cleared, and buyers when the item was received and checked. I'll try to dig that up...
Michele

Reading this interesting thread I can see both sides of the argument.

I personally feel that if either side disagrees with a 'negative' feedback, then it should go to arbitration and a decision made to either keep, or remove the offending post?

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom