Mercedes E350 Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi , if the car dealer is in Worcester there are a few well established companies who have been established for years.

We should put all things in context though - ñyou are not looking at a new car.

It will have wear and tear.
It may have a couple of faults or worn item, a bit of paint, it may even have an advisory or two - you can't expect a dealer to be able to address all and still sell it with some margin

But they should also wait on you to find them.

Did you do a Car Vertical?

Yes mate, here you can see the MOT query. See milages for last few years.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231112-232239.png
    Screenshot_20231112-232239.png
    987.8 KB · Views: 23
At this price point I would be buying privately if possible, from someone that looks like they can afford to run the car properly; spend as much time qualifying the seller as inspecting the car. Hard to find; a lot of "private" sellers are small time dealers in my experience.
It is a buyer's market for these cars - all of these cars that were being used in the clean air zones are now out looking for new owners in the other parts of the country so there is over supply. Bargain hard and buy the right one - it will be hard to sell on if you change your mind.
The pan roof is nice but can also be a pita if it gives problems; personally I would steer clear.
And take the dealer patter of "we will fix that before you collect the car" with a pinch of salt - either get them to fix it before you hand any money over or knock money off the price so that you get it fixed.
Last thing, if going to look at a car from a dealer, ask them if you can pay the deposit on a credit card, if they wriggle and say no it is debit card only then I would look somewhere else. A reputable dealer WILL accept a CC for the deposit; a dealer who is likely to mess you around will not.

We travelled 3 hours to look at a E350 cabriolet, 2 owner 72k FSH. Hubby rang the dealer who said the car was immaculate. got there eventually and we looked over the car and found damage and issues. We spoke with the guy and a clipboard appeared to make notes. He said the car had been through the prep stage but must have been missed. We were there 10-15 mins. We found an E250 slightly more local with 1 owner, FMBSH and 52k. There's plenty out there........

We travelled 3 hours to look at a E350 cabriolet, 2 owner 72k FSH. Hubby rang the dealer who said the car was immaculate. got there eventually and we looked over the car and found damage and issues. We spoke with the guy and a clipboard appeared to make notes. He said the car had been through the prep stage but must have been missed. We were there 10-15 mins. We found an E250 slightly more local with 1 owner, FMBSH and 52k. There's plenty out there........
Happens all the time, I think the sellers must hope that the buyer does not know how to inspect a car.

Yes mate, here you can see the MOT query. See milages for last few years.

The suspension sounds as if it is/was tired.... Have all the suspension issues been fixed? And the oil leak? The oil leak might not be 'excessive', but potentially may cost £££ to fix.... (e.g. if it's from the rear crankshaft seal).

I think they all have a dpf at that age but I could be mistaken. I have a 260 bhp saloon and love it. Plenty of torque and on a motorway journey I can see mid 40's mpg so pretty good. One thing to look out for is a corrosive rear subframe its a common problem. Luckily mine has been changed I discovered at its last MOT. There are a few lads on here with more knowledge than i. @SmartAmg 👍
Wow good going! on a run I see around 33mpg with not particularly enthusiastic driving have never seen 40mpg....I'm not particularly bothered but your MPG sounds good!

(Just double checked my avatar pic from my old W211 320cdi....probably will not be seeing those figures again any time soon...loved that W211.)

Last edited:
Well i went to see a car today. It was VERY clean, outside apart from wheels which need a refurb, engine especially clean, inside pretty good too. Everything works and runs really well.

Few flags though.

- MOT history showed a mileage discrepancy but its HPI clear. 2020 75k / 2021 74k / 2022 76k !?
- There is a fly in the instrument panel, possibly shows it has been opened?
- Car has 78k on clock and has only moved 3k miles in last 3 years.
- Some weird rubber sticker on the left hand side of the steering column where the join is.
- Power steering is making a real whine when going right. Garage said this would be fixed before i got it.
- Bonnet catch missing - Garage again said it would be fixed.

It comes with 12 months MOT / a service / 3 months warranty and an AA inspection.

Price is £6500 for a 2010 / 78k / Coupe

Unsure what to do. It is very clean. Is the mileage just a mistake?
Sounds like a dog. Walk away.

These are not rare cars there are plenty out there, scan the country, its worth taking a day or two out to travel for a car that you may own for several years.

Sounds like a dog. Walk away.

These are not rare cars there are plenty out there, scan the country, its worth taking a day or two out to travel for a car that you may own for several years.
Good advice my friend i think. Not pursuing that and am looking at some others.

Coupe or saloon im not bothered but might need to up my budget slightly to get what i want.

I love the help i got in this thread, thanks all.

My 2011 E350 saloon was about £10K 75K mileage 2 owners FSH...beautiful condition, has just flown thru its MOT with no advisories, looks like new inside.

I'm south coast and had to go to Liverpool to get it but worth the trip.

e350cdi.JPG

I upped my budget a little with a max of 8k. Had a look online and i reserved a 2010 W212 / 73K for £7700 - it "looks" a nice one.

FSH with recent gearbox service. MOT history checks out. It is only the 230bhp one but apart from that it ticks all the boxes, command audio / bluetooth audio etc.

Il go and look at it and if no good i get my deposit back, all done on credit card. Il update if/when i get it.

My 2011 E350 saloon was about £10K 75K mileage 2 owners FSH...beautiful condition, has just flown thru its MOT with no advisories, looks like new inside.

I'm south coast and had to go to Liverpool to get it but worth the trip.

View attachment 149445
Man that is NICE!!!! The one i reserved isn't a million miles away from this colour actually. You have nicer wheels on that though!

As others have said plenty out there. I got mine very cheap but love it. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom