Most/least favourite thing about your Merc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Love the car but hate the stop/start and there is no way to disable it. Yes it's a button on the dash to switch it off but you should be able to turn it off like you can on other cars.

Love the car but hate the stop/start and there is no way to disable it. Yes it's a button on the dash to switch it off but you should be able to turn it off like you can on other cars.
The car was homologated with Start/stop emissions figures as part of the type approval process. I hope I don’t seem pedantic, but isn’t turning it off the same as disabling it?

At least it’s not like Volvos when their cars featured headlights that were always on whenever the engine was running.

I enquired at the Volvo main dealers about getting that feature disabled but was told it could invalidate my warranty (?) and that the insurance company definitely wouldn’t like it...

Last edited:
It's an EU regulation. No way around it.

Totally get the reasons behind stop/start and it's just a button to turn it off it's just the fact you have to turn it off Everytime you get in the car. I know it's just something stupid but it really bugs me........... wish the wife had a off button :doh:

Totally get the reasons behind stop/start and it's just a button to turn it off it's just the fact you have to turn it off Everytime you get in the car. I know it's just something stupid but it really bugs me........... wish the wife had a off button :doh:
Just extend the start up process:

Ignition
Stop/Start
Seatbelt

drive off.

before you know it it’ll become instinctive.
🥳

I love the bi-xenon headlamps, so much better than the xenon's in my old S4 but that was a 99 model 😂

I hate the fact the steering wheel isn't central to the driver (W204) but I've kinda got used to it now.

I love the seat adjustment on my 2017 C220d (same as one the c350e I had before it). Miles better and more comfortable than the Bimmer 320d I had before it.

I don't love the stop/start. Not for any of the reasons other have stated though. I want it to work, it just never does. It's always yellow on the dash...... apart from this past Saturday night when it went green, worked for about 5 minutes, 2 traffic lights, then went yellow again. The first time its been green in about 4 months. I wish I'd got a photo, but I was driving... 🙄

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210405-091647_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210405-091647_Gallery.jpg
    612 KB · Views: 6
There's not much I dislike about my car so I would have to pick the fact it's an LWB as you cannot get an S500 in this country in SWB.

I found the Burmester a huge disappointment but then I did something about that so no longer an issue. I wish it had've sounded more like the Meridian / B&W systems in JLR or the Lexus Mark Levinson out the box.

But having tried these cars, I'd rather have the car suit me and change the audio than the other way around!

And good news for wrong-clock haters... newer cars set themselves or at least my previous CL and current W222 both do.

Just extend the start up process:

Ignition
Stop/Start
Seatbelt

drive off.

before you know it it’ll become instinctive.
🥳

Exactly this - I don't even think about disabling STOP/START and I hardly use my car as it has become a habit.

Love the super smooth V6 engine that wafts me along in luxurious silence at any speed, or sings tunefully without getting shouty when requested.

Love the light that comes in through the panoramic roof that I rarely open.

Love the start/stop that works when it sees fit, doing so imperceptibly so I only notice when I look at the instrument panel. Love the way the engine fires back into life the moment I ask it.

Hate that after just nine years the diamond cut alloys are showing signs of white rot.

Best thing - just looking at the engine.

i.php

Worst thing - just thinking about keeping it looking like this.

Hate is a strong emotion, but I seriously dislike the fact that MB designed the whole windscreen wash system on my car (bottle/hoses/nozzles) to be heated , but at the same time couldn't be bothered to programme the spray to start one second before the wiper blades start .

Deleting the drain plug on the transmission TC .

Rust.

I just love the feel, it is just so easy to drive
Hate . . . .is a bit strong, I dislike the almost total lack of noise from the exhaust.

Hate is a strong emotion, but I seriously dislike the fact that MB designed the whole windscreen wash system on my car (bottle/hoses/nozzles) to be heated , but at the same time couldn't be bothered to programme the spray to start one second before the wiper blades start .

Deleting the drain plug on the transmission TC .

Rust.

Agreed the wash wipe has a silly delayed squirt of washer fluid .

Yep, the delay should be the other way round.
But yet on the estate there's a delay on the wiper so it doesn't wipe dry 🙄

Love the instant acceleration that pushes you back in the seat, even at silly speeds. The crackles in S+, especially downshifting.

Dislike the design of the boot that wants to let in water drops when ever you raise the lid on wet days. No improvement on the 211 for this. Also no fan of stop/start but that's easily dealt with by selecting S or S+

The tacky 1970's era cheap feel to the window & mirror switches & nasty silver plastic heater controls controls. The unreliability of the electrics & air conditioning. This on a 2012 & 2016 Mercedes a marque that seems so up itself & supposed to be superior. I once hired a brand new Ford Focus Ghia & it oozed quality & the switchgear was beautifully damped. But it was a blue collar Ford so really rubbish. Buying a Mercedes is buying into a bit of a confidence trick. Never again. Audi & Honda do it better but sadly neither do a folding hardtop model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom