My glovebox is stuck closed (W220)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bog standard black, nothing fancy....

I tried Dronsfields they have one bey even that was 70 quid!

Its holding ok at the moment so I'll leave it until I find a cheap one! I reckon the screw thats lost should only cost a few pennys to replace unless its a special handmade one made out of platinum or something!

Messrs Purslow's have the screws for the princely sum of 33 pence each!

Going to collect a full set of 4 on Friday (big spender eh!)

Oh and Mr Shr. I am finally going to collect the various TV Tuner plugs that they ordered for me on Friday as well! I am hoping that there is a 12 way of the right kind there so I can get the AUX wiring done for my IPOD. I ordered 2 of everything so one is coming your way if its right!

Thanks mate.
I too have ordered *something* from MB. Will hopefully receive it by the end of this week. Will let you know.

Remember that if the plug you get on Friday is correct (and I have my doubts) then you'll also need the pins to insert into the plug. Going by that drawing you sent me, I think we only need to use six of the 12 positions. (Four if you don't want video).
Dealer might have pins in stock if lucky.

As I understand it, the plug we're after comes in three pieces:
1) Outer case (with the swinging lock mechanism on it)
2) Inner piece that slides into 1)
3) Individual pins that you solder wire onto and then insert into 2)

I'm hoping that is what I've ordered but not really sure as some of EPC descriptions are a bit flakey.

I am not sure but you never know!

I had a pretty odd conversation with the parts man that went something like

The connector on the back of the tuner is a twelve pin for the AUX, but the casing is the same as the 10 pin one that is on EPC. So lets order a 10 pin one and see if it fits as you'll only need to insert the pins for the connections that you want anyway....

Sort of sounded vaguely possible....

Hmmmm I suppose it does kinda sound possible but my thinking is that the 10 pin one will not be big enough as the perimiter of each socket is keyed.
If you look at your tuner, are the dimensions of the 10 and 12 pin connector identical? I think not!!

But I'm happy to proved wrong. (Had plenty of practice at that!! ) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom