• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

My poor old pick up got broken into last night.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
I am truly gutted that my old work horse got broken into and the CD player stolen.:mad:

They tried to steal it as the ignition barrel has been tampered with too. They did not just simply pull the CD player out they ripped half the dash out with it. I am so angry.

The theiving gits are on camera though and it should be not too hard to identify them.

Scenes of crime are supposed to be on the way and the plodd seemed to be interested in looking at it.

Sorry to hear of your trouble Ollie. Glad you got them on tape though.

Sorry to hear your news....lets hope the local constabulary can do something about this....

Let us know what comes of it, I have a terrible feeling these things never lead to any sort of prosecution even with video evidence. There's always some loophole or slight doubt that precludes it.

And even if they do get prosecuted they'll probably be sent to an outward bounds centre where they'll be taught how to correctly hot wire a car for the future.

What a wonderful justice system we have.

Let us know what comes of it, I have a terrible feeling these things never lead to any sort of prosecution even with video evidence. There's always some loophole or slight doubt that precludes it.

And even if they do get prosecuted they'll probably be sent to an outward bounds centre where they'll be taught how to correctly hot wire a car for the future.

What a wonderful justice system we have.

I offered to help some school children back in the 80's The only thing that they wanted to know was how to start a car if you had not got a key.

I canceled the the arangments

I have the Smart and I have and old diesel Golf too so I should be ok.

Thankyou anyway.

Thats out of order. People of today... *sighs

O.T: Ollie, just asking by chance, would you know how to change transmission fluid on an e34 520i? Its got a ZF transmission...

That's a pig thing to happen.....

I am truly gutted that my old work horse got broken into and the CD player stolen.:mad:

They tried to steal it as the ignition barrel has been tampered with too. They did not just simply pull the CD player out they ripped half the dash out with it. I am so angry.

The theiving gits are on camera though and it should be not too hard to identify them.

Scenes of crime are supposed to be on the way and the plodd seemed to be interested in looking at it.

Sorry to here that, even if they get caught/prosecuted, b******s will probably get excused because of "social deprivation". It really stinks:mad: :mad: :mad:

If I recognise them on the CCTV I will do my own justice if plodd does nothing.

Fingers crossed that things work out but WHY, why oh why? If this was our pick-up truck, then we would not have the expertise to replace the ripped out wiring and I dread to think of the costs involved. I do hope the police do their job?

Regards
John

Guess what the Plodd are going to do about it?

My guess would have been: you received an official warning for failing to display the legally-required signs identifying you as registered operator of the CCTV system, and you received a demand for payment from the Security Industry Authority. If not a paid member, you are liable for unlimited fines from the SIA under the Private Security Industry Act (2001)

It could still happen...

AFAIK CCTV is rarely clear enough to use as evidence anyway (despite what you see on CSI etc. ;))?

Its not my CCTV. It belongs to the yard across the road.

I cant get hold of the owner at the moment.

The old bill are going to do nothing. NOTHING at all.

I will study the CCTV and find the culprits myself. Horndean is a small place and people talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom