• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

My poor old pick up got broken into last night.

hey ollie,
Thats really bad news mate! if any help i can offer, please just ask.
The old bill are not what they always seem! hopefully you can get a good look at these kids on the cctv and sort something out asap!

You got my number if you need ok.

Regards Joby.

Really sorry to hear this Olly.

Hoping the damage to the dash & ignition can be fixed with minimal cost/effort.

If you can track them down, maybe you can pursue them (or their parents) for damages through that website that charges something like £35? There's a link on here somewhere but I can't find it - I'm sure somebody will have it handy.

Of course you may not be able to take that route if you catch up with them and attempt to SHAKE the money from their pockets. ;)

Its not my CCTV. It belongs to the yard across the road.

I cant get hold of the owner at the moment.

The old bill are going to do nothing. NOTHING at all.

I will study the CCTV and find the culprits myself. Horndean is a small place and people talk.
What can we say? Did the police pay you a visit? Did they look at the CCTV footage? Have they given you any type of reference number?

So far we have heard how the police do nothing when a car deliberately destroys a garden wall and drives off leaving bits of the car behind. The police do nothing when a car drives into our own vehicle and makes off (CCTV records the incident) and now someone breaks into our property, steals goods and once again............ the police do NOTHING!!!!

Crime is down, police numbers are up, and crime is mostly Daily Mail propaganda. We are being taken for idiots!

If we had a word with the offender and this person decided to run away and during this departure they injured themselves, would the police sit idly by if the offender made up some rubbish story?

Take care Ollie
Regards
John

What can I say that has not already been said. I hope you manage to track down the scum who did this. I know how you feel as my porker was subject to an attempted break in a while ago. So frustrating when the plod do nothing.

I am truly gutted that my old work horse got broken into and the CD player stolen.:mad:

They tried to steal it as the ignition barrel has been tampered with too. They did not just simply pull the CD player out they ripped half the dash out with it. I am so angry.

The theiving gits are on camera though and it should be not too hard to identify them.

Scenes of crime are supposed to be on the way and the plodd seemed to be interested in looking at it.
had the same happen to me 3 or 4 years ago in a security car park with cameras,,they still broke in to my ml smashed the drivers window and ripped the cd player out wrecking the dash ..phoned the police who said they would arrive within the hour 3 hours later still waiting,rang back said they wouldnt be able to come and could we take the car to a named police station the following day for finger prints ...never bothered as i wanted to get home (100 miles roughly away) sorted out it myself and never bothered with insurance..anoyying thing apart from the police presence(lol) was that the stereo was not usable without the remote control which was in the wifes bag..so i do feel for you,hope it all works out OK regards jon

Last edited:
Ollie,

Having seen the wanton damage caused to your Caddy by these thugs, it is obvious that it was vandalism they were after not just the radio.

I hope you get it back on the road quickly, especially as you have those new body panels waiting to be put on.

See you later.

Steve

Steve I have been trying to phone you but your phone is off.

One of tyhe injector bolts snapped!!

I am repairing it as we speak

In 2000 I parked my E class in a carpark in Leeds...went across the road the visit a client and came back 30 minutes later to find the drivers window smashed and the radio gone.

50 yards across the carpark was the shed in which the guys sat who collected the money - I went over to them to tell them only to be told "yes we saw two lad doing that" when I asked why they just sat and watched - their reply was" not our job mate".

I called the police and they gave me a crime number - I asked if they wanted to come see the car, fingerprints etc and that the two guys in the hut had seen them - their reply was - " no - not a serious offense all you need is the number for your insurance"...By the time i had had a new window fitted and then drove the 200 miles home it was 2 am....

I havent been back to Leeds since...............

Oh and they wanted to charge me for parking as I left...............told them to sue me.......

I still have no footage as yet but I spoke to the old bill today who are slightly interested in th CCTV.

Sorry to hear that. 14lb hammer over the knuckles they won't pick anything up again that ain't theirs in a hurry.

Sorry to hear that. 14lb hammer over the knuckles they won't pick anything up again that ain't theirs in a hurry.

Trouble is ....you would spend time at HM pleasure and perhaps have no livlihood to come back to

:D yes but they wouldn't be able to point the finger at you.

hopefully they will be able to do somthing then olly,

All the best mate.

Joby.

this is becoming way too personal

If you felt that way then you may have considered it sensible not to reply further .

If he had bumped your van then it may have got even more personal

When we post in an open forum ,and call people tw@ts , now that is personal - we are all entitled to an opinion - I had stopped voicing mine when the thread was closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom