Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there, what kind of soundproofing material and how thick, so as not to interfere with the sliding windows?
thanks

amgte13.jpg

Like the scribbles on the boot... :D

Yes they wrote all sorts of stuff all over it to convince me to buy brand new panels!

Will new panels make it faster round "The Ring".

Awesome! What sort of engine does this have and are you planning to make any mods? I note it is the 3.4 AMG from your signature, no plans to make a 6.0 32v Hammer TE ;-) ?

The thought did cross my mind... but I wouldnt butcher this car as its quite a rare car...
If i was to do a hammer id use a normal 320TE as a base I think.

Imagine going ahead with a Hammer replica from a 320TE, now that would be something amazing to add to your fleet of collection. Then you'd have an even 10 including this 3.4!

I have thought about it but ive just never seen anyone succesfully transplant an M119 into a RHD W124 yet.
I dont mind LHD though..

I think you should do it, if you are successful, you will change history!

Anything can be done... just takes time, skill and money... and a donor car.

Only need to watch custom my ride to see whats possible.. but the customers have unlimited budgets..

Yes it does! Finding a good second hand diff is proving impossible so im going to have this one refurbished.

That was what killed off my 300TE - I could get non-ASD diffs easily enough , but that would also have meant changing driveshafts and possibly more ; MB wanted just over a grand for a new one ...... I ended up selling the car for parts .

Refurb cost for the diff will be around £2-300 i should think... its normally only the input shaft bearing that goes.

So one new arch welded in and other one being started today... we were only going to replace the nearside but looking at the offside, rust could come back through so we are replacing that too

amgte16.jpg

amgte17.jpg

amgte18.jpg

Nearside Arch now been ground down and offside being welded in place today

Meanwhile the bumpers, tailgate etc have all been rubbed down ready for paint..

amgte19.jpg

amgte20.jpg

amgte21.jpg

Jay,

What would the work you are doing & planning to do cost if you didn't have an in house team doing it?

They arent in house, they are the same bodyshop that did my widebody SEC.

I should think the cost would be 4-5K for a job like this.

Its best to catch rust early and cut out the affected bits, otherwise before you know it the whole car will be riddled.

This car is structurally sound, no rust that I can see on the underside.

Rims looking great especially with colour match:thumb:, this is going to look fantastic when complete!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom