My Youtube Channel - KillerHERTZ Mercedes Modifications

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a go at filming myself onscreen, yuk! never again - Ill stick to voice overs I think from now on :)
It’s dead embarrassing isn’t it? Especially when you catch your facial expressions in the mirror during the pop shot.

My latest video: :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I will be making a series of these 'hidden features' from now on.

Worked :) nice one KillerHERTZ.

Don't you just love finding little things like that.

It's like the day i realised what the little stick in the tool kit with the thread at the end was for :D

Glad it helped, plenty of things that people don't actually know already! Another one coming soon :)

My latest video:

X-Pipe & secondary De-Cat:

I watched a youtube video(not yours) for something I wanted to do to my van yesterday. It was hardly helpful, more like Blue Peter!! It started out with the bloke saying what he was going to do. It was already half stripped down, then the next thing the part was in his hand, he showed how to swap the part(the easy bit) and once again if by magic all back together & apparently all done in less than 30mins..
So my point is, I want to see the difficult bits and tools used. I want to see people fail and how they get round it, as we all know we have "issues" when doing jobs as its never plain sailing. And I want realistic time scales, if you are going to attempt a retro fit or swap something id rather know that it'll take 4hrs than an unrealistic 30 mins.. I haven't watched yours ATM but will check them out later.

I watched a youtube video(not yours) for something I wanted to do to my van yesterday. It was hardly helpful, more like Blue Peter!! It started out with the bloke saying what he was going to do. It was already half stripped down, then the next thing the part was in his hand, he showed how to swap the part(the easy bit) and once again if by magic all back together & apparently all done in less than 30mins..
So my point is, I want to see the difficult bits and tools used. I want to see people fail and how they get round it, as we all know we have "issues" when doing jobs as its never plain sailing. And I want realistic time scales, if you are going to attempt a retro fit or swap something id rather know that it'll take 4hrs than an unrealistic 30 mins.. I haven't watched yours ATM but will check them out later.

Hi,

You have to remember that people who have uploaded to YouTube are, for the most part doing it for 'fun' and not gaining anything or making a profit. Since I have started making videos I now have admiration for other content creators, I thought it 'cant be that hard?' before I had ago myself.

Take my '5 Hidden features' video, that took me around 4-5 hours in total to create for a 4min video. sure that will come down in time with experience.
To start with I obviously had to think of what 5 features I wanted to include, film these 5 clips - slowly, you have to remember that you will be taking over this so getting the timing correct is paramount. Once filmed I headed onto the PC and uploaded the clips to my PC. one of them was too over exposed so I had to go out and re-shoot it.
I have a Tri-pod, but often you need another person there to hold a camera while you do the actual work, as its so hard to hold a camera while fixing somthing.
Once happy with all the footage, I think had to script out the entire video. I now have a mic and voice over the entire video, this gives me the freedom to talk at the correct pace and think about what needs to be said. each section would take around 5-10 attempts, with c0ck-ups and getting the timing correctly. - seriously, try and read a couple of paragraphs out loud in one go without any errors, it isnt easy!. Once all the sound has been recorded, I use Adobe Premier to bring it all together, you then realise you have missed something and its dark outside, so wait until tomorrow re-record.
Then when you are happy with everything you need to create title cards, thumbnail and other effects. make sure all the audio is at the correct volume and then render the video.
I have a brand new monster i7 PC that can render a standard 1080 video in around 5mins, when that has been done, upload it to YouTube (around 20-25 mins).

You get the idea :D

You’re not the target audience. 99% of those who sign up to watch YT DIY videos won’t tell a spark plug from injector. It’s fun to watch other people do things. Some viewed get inspired that way. For a while. Then go back to watching more videos.

The quality of YouTube "how to " videos varies enormously. Some are poorly lit, some unwatchable from camera/phone shake, many with irrelevant content [ often about the video maker ] , some with vital gaps in the visual narrative as said already, some in a foreign language- but hidden among them are real gems- a good picture is worth a thousand words still holds true for good videos also.:thumb:

I now have over 500 subscribers! - thanks everyone :)

My latest video if anyone is interested: :)

Well, took 10 months since I started creating videos regularly but I have just passed the 1000 Subscribers mark!

Thanks for all the support, suggestions welcome :D

Latest video here:

Latest Video:

HOW TO: Basic Alloy wheel refurb:

Another new video I have just made :)

How to: Replace Wing Mirror Indicator W219 CLS:

Remember to visit my channel to see all videos:

KillerHERTZ - Mercedes Modifications

Last edited:
Ive decided to get down with the kids and launch an Instagram channel, I currently have around 2000 photos on my PC of the various mods I have done over years. I currently can only seem to upload one at a time!?! so might take a while.

There is a link on the front page / About page of my channel, otherwise:

KillerHERTZ Mercedes Mods (@killerhertzmercedes) • Instagram photos and videos

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom