• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Pic's of my new car.... S65AMG V12 Twin Turbo W221

Thank you!
It’s not a good thing to be chasing perfection because there will always be something to do or improve and this is a weakness of mine. Over the years I have gotten worse that’s why I decided to sell the M3 because I was going over the top with the cleaning and trying to get the car to look as good as I possibly could make it look.

You have made a great choice going for another V8 M3! I would love to own another one at some point but it might take some time until I know I’ll drive the thing and not worry constantly.
What colour combo is the M3?
it's a white on black interior, e93 m3 from a cutter. rb and ta done and overall it looks like a looked after example. I am just in two minds as I will be moving to another place where it's residents only allocated parking but it's unsecured. this is playing up on my mind a bit as I am not sure whether I should risk it and enjoy the car I wanted for a while or just not bother at all. thoughts?

yeah, it's challenging but try and bask in that feeling of satisfaction you get once something is achieved. don't let it get overshadowed by that feeling of "oh I found something else". I realised that with M140i and how critical I was of the car. it was overall amazing but my constant hunt for that little bit more ruined it for me completely...

it's a white on black interior, e93 m3 from a cutter. rb and ta done and overall it looks like a looked after example. I am just in two minds as I will be moving to another place where it's residents only allocated parking but it's unsecured. this is playing up on my mind a bit as I am not sure whether I should risk it and enjoy the car I wanted for a while or just not bother at all. thoughts?

yeah, it's challenging but try and bask in that feeling of satisfaction you get once something is achieved. don't let it get overshadowed by that feeling of "oh I found something else". I realised that with M140i and how critical I was of the car. it was overall amazing but my constant hunt for that little bit more ruined it for me completely...

I think I might have seen the car when it was for sale. Is it mineral white?
Nice that the RB and actuators have been done! You get to enjoy that V8 without worrying :)

I know what you mean. Before I used to leave my e46 M3 parked outside a resident parking space with a cover on and I used to get worried sometimes. It shouldn't be like this.

There were two guys near me where I used to live before, one had an e92 M3 CP and one had an e93 M3. They both parked the cars outside. The CP M3 used to get parked on the main road and nothing ever happened to those cars. They didn't even have any damages to the bumper from being parked on the street! I used to envy them a little bit because I just couldn't leave my e92 M3 outside.
Just enjoy enjoy it and once you move to the new place, make sure you park next to someone that has a nice car and is careful so you know he won't hit the car when opening the door :D

I think you are 100% right about '' oh I fond something else ''....... I need to be careful with this though too :D

I think I might have seen the car when it was for sale. Is it mineral white?
Nice that the RB and actuators have been done! You get to enjoy that V8 without worrying :)

I know what you mean. Before I used to leave my e46 M3 parked outside a resident parking space with a cover on and I used to get worried sometimes. It shouldn't be like this.

There were two guys near me where I used to live before, one had an e92 M3 CP and one had an e93 M3. They both parked the cars outside. The CP M3 used to get parked on the main road and nothing ever happened to those cars. They didn't even have any damages to the bumper from being parked on the street! I used to envy them a little bit because I just couldn't leave my e92 M3 outside.
Just enjoy enjoy it and once you move to the new place, make sure you park next to someone that has a nice car and is careful so you know he won't hit the car when opening the door :D

I think you are 100% right about '' oh I fond something else ''....... I need to be careful with this though too :D
haven't purchased on yet to be precise. another one has gone up with pretty low miles so going to view that this weekend and make a decision. if it was up to me, I would already be driving one but certain other processes are slowing me down haha

anyway, enough of me derailing your thread, back to the V12 goodness ;)

haven't purchased on yet to be precise. another one has gone up with pretty low miles so going to view that this weekend and make a decision. if it was up to me, I would already be driving one but certain other processes are slowing me down haha

anyway, enough of me derailing your thread, back to the V12 goodness ;)

Oh, I'm sorry, I got that completely wrong :doh:. I thought you had gotten a white one already......... my excuse is that English is my second language so I should be forgiven 😆.
Just seen the black e93 on cutters. It looks lovely!
Looking forward to seeing what you'll get :)

Oh, I'm sorry, I got that completely wrong :doh:. I thought you had gotten a white one already......... my excuse is that English is my second language so I should be forgiven 😆.
Just seen the black e93 on cutters. It looks lovely!
Looking forward to seeing what you'll get :)
My excuse is exactly the same so we are both to blame lol

That’s the one on top of the list. Owner is a really nice guy too. Will keep you posted :)

Sam, I admire your bravery and willingness to sort out even tiny issues. I give up after a certain point.

That being said, after coming close to buying one last summer, I’ve decided for a second time to go ahead with an e9x m3. I’ll probably get banned after posting this but I just cannot live my life without owning that glorious v8
Don't do it you will be disappointed 😔

This looks amazing!

I drove past bmw today and I spotted an e93 M3. I realised it was ruby red and I turned around to take a pic as I thought it was your old car but I realised this one had darker cream leather and not the same interior as yours. I much prefer the interior you had

Todays update.

This Wednesday I took the car out as the weather was beautiful.
At one point when I started the car up, the abs, esp lights came on and the speedometer went crazy also. It was showing as if the car was doing 220mph.
I knew straight away what it was as I had the same issue with my old S600.
If one of the abs sensors is faulty, this are the results.
Here is something interesting and crazy at the same time. When this problem occurs, as the speedometer shows the max speed, the mileage also starts to go up as the car thinks you’re actually doing that speed! With my S600, when this happened, it clocked about 200+ miles while the car was stationary and as I saw the mileage go up, I thought once the ignition was off, it would correct itself but it didn’t do that. Technically the S600 had done 200+ less miles than the odometer was showing.

This time with the S65AMG, I knew straight away what to do. I put the car in gear and moved it just a little bit forward and I was able to turn the engine off. You have to put it in drive and move it slightly, otherwise the engine also doesn’t turn off! On the S65AMG the mileage went less than 2 miles.
There is a video on YouTube of another S class doing the same thing that’s happened to me. When I mentioned to Mercedes the issue with my old S600, they said it’s impossible for that to happen :rolleyes:

Next day I ordered four new ABS sensors and I changed them all today even though just one had gone faulty.

Very easy job to do. It took me about 30 - 40 mins in total, jacking the car up, taking wheels off and change the sensors.
Old sensors in the boxes.

Another issue I had with the car was that the cruise control didn’t work. I asked here about it and from the replies I got, I was a bit concerned as I was told it would be very expensive to fix and it would also be hard to find the issue.

I have a friend with a CL63AMG ( prefacelift ) and I asked him to give my his cruise control unit that sits behind the grill as I thought that would have been the problem with my car.
Two mins job to take mine off and plug his one in. The last four numbers were different to mine but I thought it was worth a try.
As I joined the motorway today, I put the cruise control on and it works perfect!
My car has radar cruise control and all the functions work as they should, closing the gap between me and the car in front or increasing the gap.
I thought it was worth mentioning this in case someone else has the same issue and thinks it needs coding or something like that. It’s just plug and play as long as it’s the same looking unit and has the same plug.

It was nice having cruise control today :)

tell me why? :)
They have got no low down grunt compared to the c63 and arnt that fast until you pass 5k rpm also build quality is sh-t for a german car on par rattle wise with my MK2 Focus RS if i had to buy another it would have to be the E92 not 93 but i very much doubt that's going to happen 😉

Wow that's a surprise to me, I thought the E91/2/3 were a high point in BMW quality. The E65 7 series I had was that same era and was fantastic build quality; shame about the Chris Bungle design :confused:.

Todays update.

This Wednesday I took the car out as the weather was beautiful.
At one point when I started the car up, the abs, esp lights came on and the speedometer went crazy also. It was showing as if the car was doing 220mph.
I knew straight away what it was as I had the same issue with my old S600.
If one of the abs sensors is faulty, this are the results.
Here is something interesting and crazy at the same time. When this problem occurs, as the speedometer shows the max speed, the mileage also starts to go up as the car thinks you’re actually doing that speed! With my S600, when this happened, it clocked about 200+ miles while the car was stationary and as I saw the mileage go up, I thought once the ignition was off, it would correct itself but it didn’t do that. Technically the S600 had done 200+ less miles than the odometer was showing.

This time with the S65AMG, I knew straight away what to do. I put the car in gear and moved it just a little bit forward and I was able to turn the engine off. You have to put it in drive and move it slightly, otherwise the engine also doesn’t turn off! On the S65AMG the mileage went less than 2 miles.
There is a video on YouTube of another S class doing the same thing that’s happened to me. When I mentioned to Mercedes the issue with my old S600, they said it’s impossible for that to happen :rolleyes:

Next day I ordered four new ABS sensors and I changed them all today even though just one had gone faulty.

Very easy job to do. It took me about 30 - 40 mins in total, jacking the car up, taking wheels off and change the sensors.
Old sensors in the boxes.

Another issue I had with the car was that the cruise control didn’t work. I asked here about it and from the replies I got, I was a bit concerned as I was told it would be very expensive to fix and it would also be hard to find the issue.

I have a friend with a CL63AMG ( prefacelift ) and I asked him to give my his cruise control unit that sits behind the grill as I thought that would have been the problem with my car.
Two mins job to take mine off and plug his one in. The last four numbers were different to mine but I thought it was worth a try.
As I joined the motorway today, I put the cruise control on and it works perfect!
My car has radar cruise control and all the functions work as they should, closing the gap between me and the car in front or increasing the gap.
I thought it was worth mentioning this in case someone else has the same issue and thinks it needs coding or something like that. It’s just plug and play as long as it’s the same looking unit and has the same plug.

It was nice having cruise control today :)

Wonderful having working cruise again! At least it was an easy fix and did not involve star. I find star the most annoying thing about owning a Mercedes, as when these cars get old its nice to code parts yourself...

I had never heard of the ABS sensor issue, I'll watch out for that. All I have seen is where a sensor stops working and the error messages appear.

Looking good!

Mines still waiting on a stupid bracket from MB (on its way from Germany, delayed due to a trailer issue). It's only needed to mount my handbrake motor back on.

Wonderful having working cruise again! At least it was an easy fix and did not involve star. I find star the most annoying thing about owning a Mercedes, as when these cars get old its nice to code parts yourself...

I had never heard of the ABS sensor issue, I'll watch out for that. All I have seen is where a sensor stops working and the error messages appear.

It was nice that it was a simple fix.
I have a friend with a star computer but I haven’t had to use it “yet” :D

Yeah, for me I’ve had the same thing happen twice with the abs sensor. Very strange how it effect the car so much

Looking good!

Mines still waiting on a stupid bracket from MB (on its way from Germany, delayed due to a trailer issue). It's only needed to mount my handbrake motor back on.

Thank you!

I know the feeling. I waited for over a month for a shock absorber from Mercedes in Germany!

What year and colour combo is your S65AMG?

Ah, same colour combo as mine :)
Looking forward to seeing some pic's of the car
Here is a good one from a few years ago:

and this one from last year trip to Scotland (in its natural habitat, the fuel station)
1681200008168.png

Here is a good one from a few years ago:

and this one from last year trip to Scotland (in its natural habitat, the fuel station)
View attachment 139330

It looks great! Especially seeing the smoke from the rear tyres 😎. Nice to see you use it properly 😁
I managed to get 188 miles from a full tank on mine 🙄. I used it this weekend and it was nice to put some miles on the car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom