• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Pic's of my new car.... S65AMG V12 Twin Turbo W221

So over a quarter of a tank for under 40 miles!!! Hmmm....

The car has serious drinking problem 😂
I drove my wife's car last night and I looked at the fuel gauge, I was sure it was over half way since last week and it looked like it had not moved at all. That car gets used nearly every day. The 1.4 little Polo seems slightly better on fuel compare to the S class 😁

Last edited:
One more thing that occurs to me, you might already have the Aux input and not know about it. If you do, there will be a cable in the glove box, and I think all early cars had the 30pin i-Pod cable.

Is it sad that I got super excited when I found out today that the car has AUX? 🤣
I checked like you said and to my surprise, it has the AUX input inside the glove box. I plugged my phone in and it works! I'm so glad I don't have to make CD's anymore 😆
Thank you again for letting me know. I would have never checked otherwise

An Aux input! - You lucky devil :devil: Most early W221 and W216 seem to have the 30 pin i-pod cable, and I have never seen one with the plain aux input. I think the later facelift W221 all have an aux though.

Now you can get a Bluetooth adapter, plug it in and you don't even have to access the glovebox.

An Aux input! - You lucky devil :devil: Most early W221 and W216 seem to have the 30 pin i-pod cable, and I have never seen one with the plain aux input. I think the later facelift W221 all have an aux though.

Now you can get a Bluetooth adapter, plug it in and you don't even have to access the glovebox.

Mine must be special 😋

This why car forums are great, always learning something new :)

I’ll get the Bluetooth adaptor ordered
Pic of the aux

Very smart - I have never seen one of those before - I am dead jealous!

I have the i-Pod cable in my glovebox, and worst still it does not work (which seems to be a common fault as they are very fragile). I'm going to have to hack in like the gentleman in the video I posted... but I have not got around to it yet.

Do you know of the I-Pod cable can be swapped to an aux one instead Alex?

Do you know of the I-Pod cable can be swapped to an aux one instead Alex?
If the car is a facelift car with the UMI interface (a rectangular plug in the glovebox) then you can unplug the iPod connector and plug in an Aux adapter (or aftermarket Bluetooth adapter)

If the car is preface lift, the iPod integration is a bit of bodge from the factory, with controls only through the cluster display. These were often installed by main dealer, and this cannot be easily swapped for an aux cable. process is as above for those (plug aux cable into command etc)

If the car is a facelift car with the UMI interface (a rectangular plug in the glovebox) then you can unplug the iPod connector and plug in an Aux adapter (or aftermarket Bluetooth adapter)

If the car is preface lift, the iPod integration is a bit of bodge from the factory, with controls only through the cluster display. These were often installed by main dealer, and this cannot be easily swapped for an aux cable. process is as above for those (plug aux cable into command etc)
Thanks Alex - and sorry to hijack the thread Sam... :p

Thanks Alex - and sorry to hijack the thread Sam... :p

No probs, I've learned something new too so it's all good :)

A small update.

I managed to do the calibration on the suspension and I was able to finally clear the fault code that said ''ABC calibration not completed''
I went for a test drive [ only 2 miles ] and no light came on but I'll see how it is when I go for a proper drive. I also had the wheel alignment done.

As always, a pic has to be posted on any update :)
I took this pic while the car was about to get the alignment done

I'm just feeling good about my S class, then I see a picture of yours... 🤣

Haha 🤣
Your S class is beautiful and you get to drive it whereas I only clean my cars and look at them 🤣🤣

That looks absolutely brilliant, especially with the lowerage!

Thank you Gary :).
I think getting the stance right makes a big difference how a car looks

Haha 🤣
Your S class is beautiful and you get to drive it whereas I only clean my cars and look at them 🤣🤣

Thank you Gary :).
I think getting the stance right makes a big difference how a car looks

The lowerage and the stance definitely make it, it looks the absolute business.

Todays update :)

When I bought the car, I noticed it had a few parking dents which really annoyed me every time I looked at the car. Some people could notice them and some couldn't but for me they stood and had to be sorted asap! 😁
Recently I went to Hyundai dealership to pick up a part and I while I was there, I saw someone removing a dent on one of their new cars. I spoke to the guy and got his details.

Without even looking for a dent men, I met one of the best guys in the business! Amazing skills and clearly very passionate about his work! He really did do an amazing job on the car. I don't just recommend anyone but if anyone wants to remove any dents on their car, I would strongly recommend you speak to Adrian. He's been doing this for 25 years. He is based in Reading but travels around that area.
I hope I'm not breaking any rules by mentioning him but as petrol heads we always spend money on our cars and it's always nice to find like minded people that take extra care when working on our cars.
This is his website Dent Removal & Dent Repair (PDR) In Bucks & Berks | Paintless Dent Removal UK

I should have taken some better pic's from before and after but I kind of rushed as I didn't want to slow him down.

In total Adrian removed 9 dents. Two dents on passengers front door and they were right on the line, three dents on passengers rear door, one dent at the bottom of the nearside rear quarter panel [ this was the biggest dent ], two dents on drivers front door [ one on them was at the line and one at the bottom of the door ] and one dent on drivers rear door.

Some pic's of the dents. Saying there were 9 dents it sounds bad but as you can see from the pic's, they didn't stand out too much but enough to annoy me 😆

Excuse the high car in this pic :p

This is after

Last edited:
Sam, I admire your bravery and willingness to sort out even tiny issues. I give up after a certain point.

That being said, after coming close to buying one last summer, I’ve decided for a second time to go ahead with an e9x m3. I’ll probably get banned after posting this but I just cannot live my life without owning that glorious v8

Sam, I admire your bravery and willingness to sort out even tiny issues. I give up after a certain point.

That being said, after coming close to buying one last summer, I’ve decided for a second time to go ahead with an e9x m3. I’ll probably get banned after posting this but I just cannot live my life without owning that glorious v8

Thank you!
It’s not a good thing to be chasing perfection because there will always be something to do or improve and this is a weakness of mine. Over the years I have gotten worse that’s why I decided to sell the M3 because I was going over the top with the cleaning and trying to get the car to look as good as I possibly could make it look.

You have made a great choice going for another V8 M3! I would love to own another one at some point but it might take some time until I know I’ll drive the thing and not worry constantly.
What colour combo is the M3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom