• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Pic's of my new car.... S65AMG V12 Twin Turbo W221

You can’t keep teasing us!

Haha 😄, I'm sorry it has taken more time than I thought it would but I have been so busy and things haven't exactly gone to plan. Soon it will be revealed and I hope it will be worth the wait :)

Did anyone else notice how immaculate those wheel arches are in the photo with the wheel removed!

Your attention to detail is incredible Sam!!

Thank you!
There's still a lot of room for improvements on the underside. I need to book two weeks off work and just concentrate on the cars, that way I can do more work as it's so hard to find time for the cars :)

So much admiration for your work and OCD'ness but imho I'm not a fan of colour, too bright. To me they 'cheapen' the car, something it is most definitely not!
(It's only my personal opinion and don't mean to cause offence :rolleyes:)

Kind regards Matt

Hi Matt,

Thank you! No offence taken, I appreciate your honesty :)
Once they are finished, I will see how I feel about them. I could always paint them silver and play it safe :D

Nah, safes boring. 🙂

😆
I took some brave pills and tried something different this time. Maybe once the covers are fitted, I will take a few pic's of the whole car, it might look better?
This week, I won't have any time to work on the car so it will stay like this for a bit more

Last edited:
It always will be personal taste really; some people don't like the calipers to "pop" where as others do.

I personally find bright red a big much; but sometimes I think it works. I love a burgandy, dark green or a deep blue. Much more interesting than Silver or Black. I think because your car is Silver you have the benefit that it pretty much goes with anything. If I came to do the calipers on my Blue S class I'd have to be more careful, as not as many colours would suit.

It always will be personal taste really; some people don't like the calipers to "pop" where as others do.

I personally find bright red a big much; but sometimes I think it works. I love a burgandy, dark green or a deep blue. Much more interesting than Silver or Black. I think because your car is Silver you have the benefit that it pretty much goes with anything. If I came to do the calipers on my Blue S class I'd have to be more careful, as not as many colours would suit.

This was my thinking as well, being a silver car, it could look good with most colours and for some reason I thought red would stand out more that's why I went for yellow :)
Will you paint the brakes on your S class?

Probably - one day. There is a huge list of things I'd like to do... and it's just a case of working through them. Oddly I have never really noticed what my calipers look like, so I can only assume they are in relatively good condition and not completely rusted over. My next steps are going to be fixing the front drivers side window (does not move at all), and then I am toying with the idea of an Android Auto head unit.

But the scary thing is I have not really bonded much with the S class, and I find it a bit bland to drive next to Lindsey's Audi A7; I was not expecting that at all. Lindsey's car feels more like the Mercedes C216 I used to own, where as the S class feels a bit Agricultural with it's Diesel engine, and as a result I thought I'd be making any excuse to take it to work, but I am actually pretty happy using the little Citroen.... :eek:

As ridiculous as it sounds, if I get the CL500 running I may use that instead and sell the S class on again... I am a nightmare when it comes to cars 😆

I should have listened to all the forum members who told me to get a Petrol all along... :rolleyes: but would I listen? ;)

...anyway... that's enough of me derailing your showthread... :(

Probably - one day. There is a huge list of things I'd like to do... and it's just a case of working through them. Oddly I have never really noticed what my calipers look like, so I can only assume they are in relatively good condition and not completely rusted over. My next steps are going to be fixing the front drivers side window (does not move at all), and then I am toying with the idea of an Android Auto head unit.

But the scary thing is I have not really bonded much with the S class, and I find it a bit bland to drive next to Lindsey's Audi A7; I was not expecting that at all. Lindsey's car feels more like the Mercedes C216 I used to own, where as the S class feels a bit Agricultural with it's Diesel engine, and as a result I thought I'd be making any excuse to take it to work, but I am actually pretty happy using the little Citroen.... :eek:

As ridiculous as it sounds, if I get the CL500 running I may use that instead and sell the S class on again... I am a nightmare when it comes to cars 😆

I should have listened to all the forum members who told me to get a Petrol all along... :rolleyes: but would I listen? ;)

...anyway... that's enough of me derailing your showthread... :(

The list of things never ends with this cars, especially as they are only getting older.
Ah, that's a shame. It looks like such a nice car but I guess having been used to a lovely V8 Mercedes engine, the 3.2 diesel might not excite you as much. I'm sure you'd have no problems selling the car.
Recently I did take forum members advise about one thing [ and that's the secret I've been hiding from the forum members 😂]

Funny how sometimes other people know what's best for you, better than you know yourself 😆

Looking forward to your secret, I am sure you'll tell us all when you are ready.

One more thing I can update that’s happened to the s65 is that when I got the spoiler back for the other car the second time, I tried to fit it myself but I was struggling to line it up. I tried to take it off and refit it again but on one corner it was proper stuck and as I was using some force to pull it off, it flew off my hand and hit the S65AMG. I lifted the car cover and noticed I had put a dent on the rear quarter panel on the S65AMG 😡.

I called the dent man to come and remove the dent on the car asap. He did a brilliant job and you would never know there was a dent there before.
It’s not very obvious in the pic’s but it was like a line that went in.

I took this pic’s Friday and it shows how the yellow callipers look against the silver car. They are still not finished but I’m hoping to have some free time soon to finish the covers and fit them

Yellow calipers look great! 😎🙂👍

Today I managed to finish the brakes on the S65..... I started painting the brakes on this car first but somehow I finished with the painting on the S63 before this. :rolleyes:

Are they both yours then?

Edit... I have found your other thread now! - Wow what a car... I am still reading through it all!

Last edited:
Are they both yours then?

Edit... I have found your other thread now! - Wow what a car... I am still reading through it all!

Hello Chris :)
As you've seen now, they are both mine..... The new car was the secret I kept saying I was keeping 😁

The weather was beautiful today and I took the S65AMG out. I took some pic's but postimage is not working tonight. It's probably crashed from all the pic's I've been uploading recently 🤣🤣🤣

That pigeons is just waiting for you to go so he can have a massive Brad Pitt on your nice shiny Captain Kirk!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom