• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Pic's of my new car.... S65AMG V12 Twin Turbo W221

In my opinion the 221 is far and away the best looking S class ever. The ones previous to that look heavy and slab sided.......the later ones look....erm?....Japanese (no offence intended for any 222/223 owners on here!!!!).

Not because I own a w221 but I agree with you :). I love the wide arches on this cars plus this was when Mercedes still made cars that looked different from other models. Now, I can't tell the difference between an e class to an S class!

Agreed, but my ideal S class, would be, W221 body shape, with the W222 interior, love the Dash and Ambient Lightning. 🙂👍

It's easily done :D, I have seen some w221'S with the interior off a W222....... Some places also do a full W222 exterior conversion [ not that I would do that to any of my S classes 😁 ]

Not because I own a w221 but I agree with you :). I love the wide arches on this cars plus this was when Mercedes still made cars that looked different from other models. Now, I can't tell the difference between an e class to an S class!
Agreed. 🙂👍
It's easily done :D, I have seen some w221'S with the interior off a W222....... Some places also do a full W222 exterior conversion [ not that I would do that to any of my S classes 😁 ]
Yet. 😉🙂👍

One thing that's been bothering me is that the previous owner had touched up a few stone chips on both front wings.. passenger side being the worst one and the drivers side had only two stone chips. It looked like he used his finger to apply the paint as the paint was well over the actual stone chip 🫣
I will be machine polishing both cars before summer but the front wings were bothering me and I had to sort them out.

To give you an idea how bad the passenger wing was 😳

Before

After

The engine cover had some swirl marks on the carbon fibre cover so why not polish that also 😁

The bonnet had some swirl marks, especially in one section and it also some black dots that wouldn't come off just by washing the car.
While I was at it, I thought it's best I polish the bonnet too but I'll be doing a better job when I do the whole car.
In the photos, the bonnet looks the same as before but by polishing it, has made a noticeable difference

Last edited:
Not sure if it's because I've been driving the S65 nearly every day for the past 2+ weeks or what but for the past few days I've been thinking of selling it :oops:.
I feel like I'm bored? Maybe because I always like doing things to the cars and this one I can't think what I can do to it next?

Anyone else fee like this from time to time?

Not sure if it's because I've been driving the S65 nearly every day for the past 2+ weeks or what but for the past few days I've been thinking of selling it :oops:.
I feel like I'm bored? Maybe because I always like doing things to the cars and this one I can't think what I can do to it next?

Yep, very often think, time for a change. On AutoTrader every day. I've had me C207 nearly 6 years now, and to be honest still like it a lot, but never say never.
Currently interested in possible EVs. 🙄 🙂

I was the worst......changing my cars sometimes two or threes times in a year.....most of which made a profit. For various reasons that has not happened of late.....meaning that I've had my ALFA for 5 years this month.....never owned a car for anything like that long. Did own an 89 Yamaha FZR1000 EXUP from brand new for 6 years once though!!!!
My wife has owned her w169 A Class for about as long.....again not like her.....but she loves the car and the new A Class does not come close on build quality or practically so she's struggling to find something to replace it with....the B class is the closest but she would rather not drive anything much bigger than the current one.

Last edited:
In a way it's good to see I'm not on my own :)
I'm constantly checking what's available and it probably doesn't help when I see some great cars for sale that I want to own.

P Zeros still generally get glowing reviews in most independent tyre comparison tests and I've never has an issue in all but the coldest weather with sensible driving......Although I have Dunlop Sport Max at the moment.....a decision based on price.....but I've not found their limits in the dry on the road ....yet!!

P Zeros still generally get glowing reviews in most independent tyre comparison tests and I've never has an issue in all but the coldest weather with sensible driving......Although I have Dunlop Sport Max at the moment.....a decision based on price.....but I've not found their limits in the dry on the road ....yet!!

I think this reply might have been for New Tyres for W212 E63 Wagon | AMG Lounge 😁

Yep......not sure how that happened!!! Cant delete it now. Never liked that about this forum....On other forums Im on I can correct my typos and drunken ramblings on old posts forever!!!

Yep......not sure how that happened!!! Cant delete it now. Never liked that about this forum....On other forums Im on I can correct my typos and drunken ramblings on old posts forever!!!

That's ok :)

It would have been nice if we could edit our posts like on some other forums.
Maybe someone from [ admin ] can enable that option also?

I asked before.....its got met with a very certain "NO".....for reasons that didn't really add up to be honest. I think if it was a problem or caused them on a regular basis other forums would not allow it either.....but they do and to make it obvious that changes have been made, edited posts have the word "edited" and the date at the top.
My issue is that I can type quite fast.....but the faster I go the more grammatical and spelling errors I make. I think faster than I type and my thoughts get so far ahead of the typing that mistakes get worse as the post goes on! Normally this is not an issue as I read before I hit post.....but I only takes me being tired (a rare event if I'm honest....I only sleep about 4 to 5 hours a day ) or my wife asking me to do something and then it gets posted with errors....and if the 2 mins (or whatever it is) had lapsed before I get back to the pooter....thats it. Errors for everyone to see for all eternity!!!

Jesus buddy :eek: !!

I asked before.....its got met with a very certain "NO".....for reasons that didn't really add up to be honest. I think if it was a problem or caused them on a regular basis other forums would not allow it either.....but they do and to make it obvious that changes have been made, edited posts have the word "edited" and the date at the top.
My issue is that I can type quite fast.....but the faster I go the more grammatical and spelling errors I make. I think faster than I type and my thoughts get so far ahead of the typing that mistakes get worse as the post goes on! Normally this is not an issue as I read before I hit post.....but I only takes me being tired (a rare event if I'm honest....I only sleep about 4 to 5 hours a day ) or my wife asking me to do something and then it gets posted with errors....and if the 2 mins (or whatever it is) had lapsed before I get back to the pooter....thats it. Errors for everyone to see for all eternity!!!

I would only want to have that option for the same reason you mentioned. I make spelling mistakes and sometimes I don't notice it when I first post but when I do go back and notice the mistake, it would be nice to be able to edit the post.
If it's a no it's a no, I wont say anything :D

Jesus buddy :eek: !!

I know right! Serious problem to be having 🤣.
Maybe I just need to spend a few hours cleaning the car and I'll change my mind again 😁

How would you like me to drop off my S63 AMG Coupe for you to bring it up to your standard.:thumb: It's pretty good, but you can take it to the next level. Gives you something to do;)

How would you like me to drop off my S63 AMG Coupe for you to bring it up to your standard.:thumb: It's pretty good, but you can take it to the next level. Gives you something to do;)

I would find it too difficult to give it back once I'm done with it as I love the S class coupe 😁
Maybe what I need to do is sell one of my S classes and buy a different car. I think I've had my fun having two of the same cars........ I'll give it some more time and see how I feel

I'm exactly the same. Sometimes it's just the process of changing cars that gives me satisfaction and then...I regret it lol. Hence why I am staying put this time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom