• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Possible EV 🙄🙂

Hi,
Yesterday morning I drove to a local free charger and charged my Tesla Model 3 Performance to 100%
Later in the day - we drove from our place in Abu Dhabi to our sons University accommodation in Dubai and back again.
Returned home with 37% charge remaining.
Could have been more - but averaged around 120km/h both ways.
Below is screenshot from TeslaFi software that gives all the detailed journey data!
With planning - it is very straightforward to operate EVs these days!

IMG_5005.png

Cheers
Steve

Out of interest.....we all know that cold temps shorten an EVs range in the UK.....so living in Dubia do REALLY high temps increase the range (obviously you have higher AC use so that wont help).....just curious.

Out of interest.....we all know that cold temps shorten an EVs range in the UK.....so living in Dubia do REALLY high temps increase the range (obviously you have higher AC use so that wont help).....just curious.
It does not seem to make much difference here.
It seems funny that even on hot days - if you route to a Tesla Supercharger - the car informs you that it is warming up the battery to help it charge faster!

Are there many EVs in Abu Dhabi? I've visited Doha a bunch and I haven't seen a single EV... or diesel. Obviously fuel is cheap there... thought they might take advantage of all that sun, though. Maybe when the prestige/show off EVs are more established.

Very much an American 'south' kind of car culture, pickups, 4x4s, V8s and noisy exhausts

Sorry... quite off topic now

Are there many EVs in Abu Dhabi? I've visited Doha a bunch and I haven't seen a single EV... or diesel. Obviously fuel is cheap there... thought they might take advantage of all that sun, though. Maybe when the prestige/show off EVs are more established.

Very much an American 'south' kind of car culture, pickups, 4x4s, V8s and noisy exhausts

Sorry... quite off topic now
Loads of EVs here now - especially Tesla Model 3 & Y and Volkswagen ID4, ID5 & ID6 (these are Chinese made and very cheap).
Also more and more Mercedes, BMW, Audi & Porsche EVs here.
It helps that there are plenty of free chargers available as well as cheap electricity if you charge at home

Just driven from Milton Keynes to Newcastle-upon-tyne in my Model S with Autopilot set at the speed limit the entire way, stopped for 15 mins for a Supercharge top up and coffee (I could have made it without stopping but wanted to arrive with at least 20%)… that’s a 4 hour journey with only a 15 min stop…. Yet people still say EVs aren’t ready 😂
Completely unacceptable. They’ll never catch on.

😉😁

This could possibly be my new car. Volcano Orange MG X Power, available for immediate delivery at, MG St Helens, depends on two things, if it's available on the MG Affinity scheme (should be) and a decent px price for my car. 🙂👍
20230918_173709.jpg

435bhp... 3.8 sec... nice ;)

(Not to mention the price.... a real bargain)

Now this is an MG X Power....which is I guess where the name came from.....
1000002937.jpg

This could possibly be my new car. Volcano Orange MG X Power, available for immediate delivery at, MG St Helens, depends on two things, if it's available on the MG Affinity scheme (should be) and a decent px price for my car. 🙂👍
View attachment 147079
Nice!

Just for the avoidance of doubt @SmartAmg , if you buy it then you will not be eligible to take part in the drag races at the forum get together at Santa Pod (if I/we ever pull our finger out and arrange one).

You can only take part if we can put a fairly substantial wooden block right beneath your accelerator pedal, and add four big passengers by way of ballast. Same goes for you too @clk320x.

@BIG UN your services are required!

Nahhhh that’s really a Qvale Mangusta, which itself was really a De Tomaso whatsit.

Yes, that was the Italian sports car that Rover pinned their hopes on, shortly before going under... and sold to the Chinese (and the rest is history, as they say).

View attachment 147079
1695068090964.png

Its one of those colours like bright yellow or purple......great colours that I love to see on cars.......other peoples cars....not mine!!
I did have a yellow Delta Integrale once though!

Like this....but when they were cheap!!

1695116697554.png

Its one of those colours like bright yellow or purple......great colours that I love to see on cars.......other peoples cars....not mine!!
I did have a yellow Delta Integrale once though!

Like this....but when they were cheap!!

View attachment 147095

You should have kept it, would be worth now 💰

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom