R63 AMG - Collecting Cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I suspect that if it stays around that price it will reappear very quickly at a dealers for £25/30K, with the usual "very rare/ never found/collectors/ investment opportunity, type overblown waffle.
It won't stay around that price! If it does I'll snap it up!

Up to £19k now. I believe it’s now passed it’s value as a car, the price is now venturing into the territory of it being a curio, , so who knows where ut will end up. At £19k with just less than 2 days to go it looks unlikely that I’ll be bidding.

Up to £19k now. I believe it’s now passed it’s value as a car, the price is now venturing into the territory of it being a curio, , so who knows where ut will end up. At £19k with just less than 2 days to go it looks unlikely that I’ll be bidding.
£26k-ish is my guess.

They'd need to pay me that to take it!

Currently at £19k, finishing at 19:55 tomorrow

Currently at £19k, finishing at 19:55 tomorrow
Auctions aren't over until the gavel goes down.

It's all about the top two bidders. The bidders in the middle mean nothing.

(Which is not to say anything about "worth," it's just the dynamics of auctions)

Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 19.24.30.png

The vendor has now posted the service dates. There are some big gaps in there, and I have no reason to doubt the seller but I’m still not convinced by the vendor’s argument that the manufacturer’s service interval is every 2 years. I’ve never owned an R 63 - but I’ve owned several of it’s closest relatives - and I’d be very surprised if this is the case.

It’s reached it’s money for me, so I won’t be bidding - I really hoped the switch to servicing every two years might be a recent thing but it appears to have always been the case. I’m a stickler for on the button servicing, and so to me, to be worth more than it’s at right now it would need to have a better service history. It really is just curio value from here, which is difficult to guess.

I’m sure it’s a good car. The owner clearly enjoys his AMGs and R63s specifically, so I doubt there’s anything amiss. The low mileage will help in the respect, low mileage cars often skip services. Just my personal preference to have it, especially when paying a premium - incomplete service history won’t be affecting any warranty or goodwill claims at 16 years old, that’s for sure! 😁

As has been pointed pout it will all come down to the two people who want it most.

The vendor has now posted the service dates. There are some big gaps in there, and I have no reason to doubt the seller but I’m still not convinced by the vendor’s argument that the manufacturer’s service interval is every 2 years. I’ve never owned an R 63 - but I’ve owned several of it’s closest relatives - and I’d be very surprised if this is the case.

It’s reached it’s money for me, so I won’t be bidding - I really hoped the switch to servicing every two years might be a recent thing but it appears to have always been the case. I’m a stickler for on the button servicing, and so to me, to be worth more than it’s at right now it would need to have a better service history. It really is just curio value from here, which is difficult to guess.

I’m sure it’s a good car. The owner clearly enjoys his AMGs and R63s specifically, so I doubt there’s anything amiss. The low mileage will help in the respect, low mileage cars often skip services. Just my personal preference to have it, especially when paying a premium - incomplete service history won’t be affecting any warranty or goodwill claims at 16 years old, that’s for sure! 😁

As has been pointed pout it will all come down to the two people who want it most.

If the C63 and my wife's B180 diesel (polar opposites) are both supposed to be serviced 12 months or every 12k (or is it 12.5k?) miles, my bet is the R63 would be the same.

I have no specific knowledge of this 2006 R63, but for certain in 2004 at least some AMGs were on 2-year intervals (both of my E55Ks), and for quite a few years before the that (eg my 2001 CLK55). Later cars are now on 1-year intervals so clearly the changeover would have been somewhere in between during the mid 00s.

My 2011 E63 was on 1-year intervals and was very lightly used (low mileage). One year it had done less than 100 miles between services (including taking it to and from the dealer both times!)

Perhaps excessive - but I agree it’s nice to see evidence of proper servicing. People who expect a premium for low mileage cars should expect to have paid out for the running costs to maintain them properly.

I have no specific knowledge of this 2006 R63, but for certain in 2004 at least some AMGs were on 2-year intervals (both of my E55Ks), and for quite a few years before the that (eg my 2001 CLK55). Later cars are now on 1-year intervals so clearly the changeover would have been somewhere in between during the mid 00s.

OK not exactly an AMG ;) :D but our 2007 Vito has 2-yearly services (subject to mileage). IIRC this R63 is a 2006 car?

Unsold at just under £30K. Maybe next time...
I’d say that would have been a good sale price given the very limited market. It would be interesting to know the reserve.

I don't think it was withdrawn. The auction ran out right to the end; I was watching as it did so. I've no interest in the vehicle at all - no earthly use to me - but I was interested to see what it would fetch.

I don’t think it’s worth that much myself, but then I’m not in the market for one either.

It’s an unusual (rare) car but nothing that special mileage/spec/condition wise really.

But I guess if you *really* want an R63, then you’ll need to pay what you need to pay, supply/demand and all that. Someone thinks it’s worth just under £30k, seller obviously thinks it’s worth a little more to them. No real harm in testing the market either I guess - other than potential auction fees!

I wonder what the reserve was .. highest bid was £29,750
More than £30k sounds a lot for a 16 year old AMG Minivan on 60k, surely?

You'd get change if it was a 2004 SL55 on 60k, and a chunk of change if it had been an E55.

Curiosity value, not for use as a daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom