Recent purchase thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a Wolf Premio electric lawnmower , going great guns after ten years , and I managed to smash the front wheel when using it on the edge of the field next to my lawn.
Phoned my local Wolf dealership and "yes" they can get me a new 150mm dia wheel but it will be £42.50 delivered !!!!!!!!! I'll only use it on the lawn from now on.

I have a Wolf Premio electric lawnmower , going great guns after ten years , and I managed to smash the front wheel when using it on the edge of the field next to my lawn.
Phoned my local Wolf dealership and "yes" they can get me a new 150mm dia wheel but it will be £42.50 delivered !!!!!!!!! I'll only use it on the lawn from now on.
Get a friend to make you one on a 3d printer

Get a friend to make you one on a 3d printer

I was going to ask a carpenter friend to make one in wood (he's also got 3D printer). There are a few 150mm dia wheels available for about a £5.00 but the Wolf one has a good quality wheel bearing in the hub.

I was going to ask a carpenter friend to make one in wood (he's also got 3D printer). There are a few 150mm dia wheels available for about a £5.00 but the Wolf one has a good quality wheel bearing in the hub.
OTOH if the wheel lasts you another 10 years......£4.25/year....

I just bought a Karcher K5 Premium for £216 (!) from Karcher's German outlet. These are normally £400+. One hour left on the deal.

Signed f1 T-shirt

A couple of old photos for the person cave.
That’s Gina Lollobridgia on the scooter.

Attachments

• 4C9C88A7-3942-4368-B3DE-4170A340DFC1.jpeg
    4C9C88A7-3942-4368-B3DE-4170A340DFC1.jpeg
    531.1 KB · Views: 16
  • D180013A-4C59-49D2-B95C-4C5E02AEC724.jpeg
    D180013A-4C59-49D2-B95C-4C5E02AEC724.jpeg
    384.5 KB · Views: 16
I knew about the RR option but seen the Skoda one. Cue old jokes about breaking down.....

IIRC Alfa did it in the 90 in the 80's. Along with the briefcase integrated into the dashboard.

View attachment 112670
Reminds me of when my brother went for his driving test in his 1935 Austin Seven Sports Convertible. On the day of the test it began to rain but he couldn't close the hood so he set off with his umbrella being held by his qualified friend. It was still raining when they arrived at the test centre so he asked the examiner to hold the umbrella. For some reason he didn't get to take the test :dk:

I got one of these yesterday

41XXYzTEpaL._AC_.jpg

It's a sink and drain plunger that's apparently far better than the good old rubber sucker on the end of a wooden stick. Our ensuite shower was getting a bit slow to drain and this seems to have done the trick.

I got one of these yesterday

View attachment 112819

It's a sink and drain plunger that's apparently far better than the good old rubber sucker on the end of a wooden stick. Our ensuite shower was getting a bit slow to drain and this seems to have done the trick.
Tried this stuff Tim?

It really does help dissolve the waste and clear the system.

6 new (Much needed) Makita 18v 6ah batteries. 😤

That put a big dent in your wallet - not so Happytalk now!! How many times do you see a cordless thing being sold "bare unit" then find the batteries and charger for it are more than the bare item, and often it's cheaper to buy the same item with its storage box, charger and 2 batteries included!!

A new petrol pump, strainer and filter for the Corvette ... which refused to start at a friends and is sat on his drive. Pump is in-tank and supposed to take 20 mins to change.

That's Tuesday spoken for, then! :oops:

Ordered parts from CA, USA at 5 p.m. on Friday and they are promised to arrive by 6 p.m. tomorrow ... 3 days from the US West Coast when it takes 4-6 days to get anything from the UK these days.

That put a big dent in your wallet - not so Happytalk now!! How many times do you see a cordless thing being sold "bare unit" then find the batteries and charger for it are more than the bare item, and often it's cheaper to buy the same item with its storage box, charger and 2 batteries included!!

As with modern printers and expensive replacement inks.

You buy 3 tools with 2 batteries and charger then you have 6 batteries and 3 chargers then buy bare units as you need. Not many will go through 6 batteries a day. My tools are dewalt

Can you share the link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom