S6 Neo GPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

db1

I am considering buying one of these GPS detectors, primarily because it has a feature the RoadAngel doesn't; namely an indication of the speed limit on the road you are on and the name of the road you are on.

Has anyone used one of these before and if so how do you think it compares to the RoadAngel...

Thanks

Db1

I will try not to be biased towards the Road Angel but I did try both units together at the same time for about a week. Thanks again to Billy for lending me the Snooper.

I wanted to like the Snooper because of the extra features but in reality you dont need them and the screen was a little too small to make use of all the information.

The Road Angel performed better, warning of all cameras even the ones the Snooper missed. The Snooper gave far too many false alerts for my liking which just made it irritating to the point of frustration. I beleive all radar detectors are the same.

The Road Angel does exactly what it says on the box, it warns you of speed cameras and accident blackspots and does so in a simple uncluttered way.

thanks jimmy, appreciate the input. I have a RoadAngel but find the fact that it doesn't indicate the speed limit for the road you are on an omission. I guess people will say that you should know this, but there are so many roads for which the limit changes frequently and rather than drive at 20 the whole time wondering when it might change to the supersonic speed of 30 it would be good to know.

Wonder if the RA people are planning any updates. I have been really impressed with them and the device - it misses nearly nothing and is being updated with locations of the Talivans I believe.

DB1

Originally posted by db1
thanks jimmy, appreciate the input. I have a RoadAngel but find the fact that it doesn't indicate the speed limit for the road you are on an omission. I guess people will say that you should know this, but there are so many roads for which the limit changes frequently and rather than drive at 20 the whole time wondering when it might change to the supersonic speed of 30 it would be good to know.

Wonder if the RA people are planning any updates. I have been really impressed with them and the device - it misses nearly nothing and is being updated with locations of the Talivans I believe.

DB1

I agree it is a shame this feature is missing, but when I reviewed all the others, I still decided the RA was the one for me.

If it could do that plus not alert you to cameras when you are doing less than 5mph in crawling traffic it would be perfect.

The Origin B2 is worth a look.

Pesonally I would never trust a device that 'advised' you as to what the speed limit on that particular piece of road was. Imagine that in court "But my speed camera detector told me the speed limit was 50mph not 40mph that is why I was caught doing 55mph my lord":D

You have to have some responsibilty for your own driving, that is the view of Blackspot too, I agree with them. By trusting a device that tells you the speed limit, you are putting your trust into the company and their database.

I see your point, but we have these to prevent ourselves ending back in the court room!

My reaction everytime my RA alerts is (in this order)

1. Shoot!, what speed am I doing?

2. Double Shoot, what's the speed limit?!

OK, I'm normally aware, but there are always those out of town, areas, is it a 40 or is it a 50? Makes little difference if you are driving sensibly, but the cameras have no common sense.

Having said that, hopefully the RA keeps me safe and on my toes too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom