SKYNET is here and it's taking over..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moonloops

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
When I say taking over I mean delivering your salt riddled groceries within an hour. A world first apparently!

I was watching several of these silly little sods today as I walked to the shops, and I'm sure they were all watching me.

I swear two of them were staring each other out, as they both wanted to cross the road at the same time from opposite sides.

I just need to buy one of those killer machines of Robot Wars and go hunting with it.

20180414_192750.jpg 20180414_192759.jpg

713A66D0-1DD7-4EFC-872A-451EDB1F5ECF.jpeg I’m sure that’s just ‘Big Trak’(without the optional trailer).The 80’s most wanted Xmas gift.

Last edited by a moderator:
What bizzare little things!

When I say taking over I mean delivering your salt riddled groceries within an hour. A world first apparently!

I was watching several of these silly little sods today as I walked to the shops, and I'm sure they were all watching me.

I swear two of them were staring each other out, as they both wanted to cross the road at the same time from opposite sides.

I just need to buy one of those killer machines of Robot Wars and go hunting with it.

View attachment 75939 View attachment 75940

Why didn't you wipe them out when you had the chance? they have come back from the future to deliver something (add some suitable fantasy here), so you could have ended it all in an instance. now they are here free to roam!:wallbash:

Why didn't you wipe them out when you had the chance? they have come back from the future to deliver something (add some suitable fantasy here), so you could have ended it all in an instance. now they are here free to roam!:wallbash:

I couldn't tell if they were carrying white wine or some ruski nerve agent, so though best not to kick them over.

You cpuld have just placed your index finger on its back and press down hard... then watch its little wheels spinning in vain.

Would that be MK?
Probably carrying a pizza or curry dinner ;)
Takeaway-Delivery-Robots.jpg

Takeaway Food Delivery Robots in Milton Keynes & London

Can imagine the carnage if they roamed the streets of any inner city housing scheme.

Technology for technology sake

How are they not just nicked?

It's the same as Mobikes. They're not knicked because they've got GPS tracking, and are alarmed. These bots also have cameras that are being monitored by a control centre.

Also, as said in this video, bystanders sometimes help the robots out when they can see they're in a predicament.

Like Mobike, only the user booked in the app can unlock it.

They're obviously not suitable for everywhere, same with Mobike, but where it works, it works well.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is in Britain? How are they not just nicked?

Perhaps we should merge this thread with the one about the nickin' travellers......?

"The delivery robots, which are made by Starship Technologies, were first deployed around London and Milton Keynes in 2016, with Just Eat reporting that they completed their 1,000th robot delivery last Christmas."

The article is dated March 2018. They were introduced in 2016, and made their 1,000th delivery last Christmas (2017). Even assuming they weren't introduced until the very end of 2016, that's one year to achieve 1000 deliveries across 2 locations - or an average of 1.4 deliveries per day per location. That's really keeping the Kamikaze delivery riders off the road!

I've just created a small EMP device with bits from my microwave oven. Hopefully that will kill them off.

Alternatively butter and ball bearings smattered over their routes will do the job.

:D
This is one I knocked up in the shed.. should do the job?
EMP-Bomb.jpg

Can't see them working on your average sinkhole estate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom