SLK 230 Tip Auto on eBay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clueless

I am running out of time, was hoping for the car to fetch more than it is currently at. Similar cars on Autotrader in excess of £16500, much more at MB dealers. Can a charitable soul provide a valuation, inc the optional fitments?

My SLK on eBay.

Problem is it's reached it's reserve so you must have had in idea of what you wanted for it and have now acheived that figure. You're also quoting things as extra's when they aren't, and many of your costed extras will not add value to the car. The AMG body kit for example - you'll only get a bit more for that if you happen to be lucky enough to find a buyer who recognises its value and is willing to pay more for it.

You might still get a bit more as time passes - but you have to remember, forecourt prices will always be significantly more than you will ever acheive as a private sale, unless you happen to be incredibly lucky.

Last edited:
The reserve is what a dealer offered me.

I will wait it out but don't generally quote the reserve too high to avoid scaring people away.
I agree re the AMG bits but that is the whole point, am willing to wait till there is a discerning buyer.
Am not aware of too many (well, any to me but might be wrong) OE fitments listed as options, crosschecked with accessories brochure for 2000-2004 model as my original book is buried someplace & was working from memory. Also verified with similar MB Direct listings. The AMG bits, leather, Tiptronic, uprated sound, AC, fogs, cruise control are the main ones, cant see anything wrong.
Dont forget, this is a pre facelift car, the options list changed in 2000, more was offered as standard (well, just the AC).

Buyer pulled out!

Claims cashflow probs, so back below reserve. Anyone else interested in a bargain?

Hold tight...

I my experience of using ebay, the last 5 minutes is when the bidding really gets going. People set up their maximum bid and this gets activated automatically as people try to win in the last minutes. Bids can easily double up in that time. hold on the the rollercoaster! :rolleyes:

Last day

Bump, for those interested, certainly have been enough views of the auction.

I hope the zero rated bidder

whose bids I am (was, he has now contacted) about to cancel after emailing him twice and giving him a deadline to contact me by & who hasnt followed any of my conditions as detailed in the description isnt from here!
I should think not, why oh, why do people not read??? :mad:

Bidder has contacted so 13k is a real bid!

Last edited:
Good thing I didn't delete his bid, appears genuine, apparently was Googling for SLK's tonight & had never used eBay before. Hopefully all will go well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom