sls mercedes prices in future.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Because people would rather get a 458?.
i dont think that is the answer either. simply down to the limited supply of the 458.
i know supercars are not meant to be practical but the sls is a very long car and getting in and out is an art in itself.

Look at the prices of the early gullwings now though.

Buying the new one in ten years time for £25k and then cherishing it for another 25 years may prove to be a very smart investment indeed..
I don't think I'll live that Long :(

If you take a look at the original Gullwing 300 SL's motorsport record its easy to understand why it became the iconic vehicle it did. The SLS claim to fame - safety car for F1???:dk:

Those will come down a lot... 20-30K will be its base id say...

Why - because maintenance costs will be silly.

Yeah, but in 10 years time 20-30k will be like 10-15k. Ie inflation at 5% current b***s**t headline rates times 10 year is 50% thats without compounding.

So in todays money it will be 10-15k. Thing is they are making loads of them so they are not exactly rare, having said that ive not seen one yet in the flesh.

i dont think that is the answer either. simply down to the limited supply of the 458.
i know supercars are not meant to be practical but the sls is a very long car and getting in and out is an art in itself.

I've never been much of a Ferrari fan(except the F40) but the 458 is an exception if I had that kind of money to spend, as much as I do like a Mercedes I just think the 458 is a better car, then I'm not a big fan of the SLS anyway, would probably rather a new CLS AMG and a load of change over either an SLS or a 458, an Aventador though, that's another matter :D.

I've never been much of a Ferrari fan(except the F40) but the 458 is an exception if I had that kind of money to spend, as much as I do like a Mercedes I just think the 458 is a better car, then I'm not a big fan of the SLS anyway, would probably rather a new CLS AMG and a load of change over either an SLS or a 458, an Aventador though, that's another matter :D.
i prefer the sls myself over the 458 but you are right about the aventador it looks amazing.:thumb:

i prefer the sls myself over the 458 but you are right about the aventador it looks amazing.:thumb:

Agreed but I wouldn't want to be seen in one unlike the SLS, definitely on the radar when pricing become more clear, love them....:rolleyes:

Ed

An old SLS? I don't think so.

It may be a future classic but classics have simplicity as a selling point.
A large part of the classic charm is the fettling, poking around, polishing and primping. How much fun is there in sourcing an ecu?

I wouldn't give you five grand for one.

Agreed but I wouldn't want to be seen in one unlike the SLS, definitely on the radar when pricing become more clear, love them....:rolleyes:

Ed
we are also looking for a sls in white with the multispokes and carbon trim but we are aiming to pay 100k for 1 which i think is a fair price with the amount of sls in the market at the moment.
how you getting on with the c63?
i think they are one of the best every day cars on the market today.:thumb:

20k? i dont think so. unless they keep churning them out for years, and make them standard in the mb range they will go the same way as bmw z8.

it will be a modern classic, mark my words :)

we are also looking for a sls in white with the multispokes and carbon trim but we are aiming to pay 100k for 1 which i think is a fair price with the amount of sls in the market at the moment.
how you getting on with the c63?
i think they are one of the best every day cars on the market today.:thumb:

The best SLS wheel to my eye, I think/hope you'll get one to your spec there.

My C63, Hmmm, I've been umm'ing and argh'ing about posting something but now you've asked....as truth be told not very well which is a shame as fundamentally I absolutely love it and am looking forward to completing the running in and enjoying it even more.

I'm 12 days into owning it now which was a delayed handover as it failed it's PDI apparantly due to the ECU 'having issues with the sensors area (?)which the dealership (excellent by the way) hadn't seen before'. Some form of tweak to the tyre pressure sensors fixed this apparantly but we then noticed it was delivered without parktronic which is curious as it is a no delete option.

The dealership immediately told MBUK that I was rejecting the car (on my behalf, impressive) and it turns out that mine is one of 19 cars known at the time to have been affected by a manual deletion at the build line which the factory were looking into and would advise within a week. As I've heard nothing I set off a CAC investigation (?) into what is happening yesterday with MBUK, I'll keep you posted.....

...and then this morning my dashboard packed up and the gear selection is definitely not as it was so I suspect therein lies a larger problem maybe aligned to the PDI failure as the symtomps sound the same so it's going back this afternoon indefinitely I guess until we all get some idea from the powers that be as to how they will be dealing with this.

The upside is that the car has impressed so much on in the short time of ownership I'm content to ride it out as long as everyone is fair and I get a car delivered to my spec as should have been the case originally.
Ed

The best SLS wheel to my eye, I think/hope you'll get one to your spec there.

My C63, Hmmm, I've been umm'ing and argh'ing about posting something but now you've asked....as truth be told not very well which is a shame as fundamentally I absolutely love it and am looking forward to completing the running in and enjoying it even more.

I'm 12 days into owning it now which was a delayed handover as it failed it's PDI apparantly due to the ECU 'having issues with the sensors area (?)which the dealership (excellent by the way) hadn't seen before'. Some form of tweak to the tyre pressure sensors fixed this apparantly but we then noticed it was delivered without parktronic which is curious as it is a no delete option.

The dealership immediately told MBUK that I was rejecting the car (on my behalf, impressive) and it turns out that mine is one of 19 cars known at the time to have been affected by a manual deletion at the build line which the factory were looking into and would advise within a week. As I've heard nothing I set off a CAC investigation (?) into what is happening yesterday with MBUK, I'll keep you posted.....

...and then this morning my dashboard packed up and the gear selection is definitely not as it was so I suspect therein lies a larger problem maybe aligned to the PDI failure as the symtomps sound the same so it's going back this afternoon indefinitely I guess until we all get some idea from the powers that be as to how they will be dealing with this.

The upside is that the car has impressed so much on in the short time of ownership I'm content to ride it out as long as everyone is fair and I get a car delivered to my spec as should have been the case originally.
Ed
im sorry to hear that because overall they are fantastic cars i was also offered a c63 without parktronic but decided against it mine has been virtually trouble free apart from a noise that seems to be coming through the vents at speed;)so will have to get that checked up but apart from that it has been great.
its good to hear that the dealership are dealing with it swiftly so what spec have you gone for this time?are you going for the ppplus on the next one.
ive seen that you dont seem to happy with the hk sound system i think it is a fantastic system that is always a must on the options list.

im sorry to hear that because overall they are fantastic cars i was also offered a c63 without parktronic but decided against it mine has been virtually trouble free apart from a noise that seems to be coming through the vents at speed;)so will have to get that checked up but apart from that it has been great.
its good to hear that the dealership are dealing with it swiftly so what spec have you gone for this time?are you going for the ppplus on the next one.
ive seen that you dont seem to happy with the hk sound system i think it is a fantastic system that is always a must on the options list.

Yes those heavy accelerator pedals cause real havoc with air noise around the car, it can make the exhaust note rise as well. :dk::thumb:

Unfortunately I’m not at the new car agreed stage yet, the dealership are pushing for this, as am I, so there may be a few hurdles to get to that stage yet. Even after the short time I’ve had the car I would be very keen to add the PP given the chance now I’ve had a bit of proper time with the car, probably for the lsd if nothing else. I went for Iridium silver, 19” wheels, HK, DAB, rear blinds, and telephone prep. Above standard there’s not a lot else unless you get into the performance bits which are more tempting now as said.

Re the HK system, I’ve played with the streaming quality which has helped to be fair but tbh (it may be me) but it’s still not noticeably better than the standard system on our C250CDI; a slow burner perhaps. Interesting you were offered a non parktronic one though, was it the face lifted model so likely to be the same batch as mine?

Is there not a possible issue that you have taken the car and been using is, despite the theroetical rejection?

I would have been inclined to reject altogether and await their response, it would put you in a far stronger position.

I guess that's happening now anyway with the other issues?

Out of curiosity how many miles has the car covered since collection?

Is there not a possible issue that you have taken the car and been using is, despite the theroetical rejection?

I would have been inclined to reject altogether and await their response, it would put you in a far stronger position.

I guess that's happening now anyway with the other issues?

Out of curiosity how many miles has the car covered since collection?

I checked this immediately and the dealer provided me assurance that I can use the car in the interim as the initial response from MBUK was that the factory had an investigation into these 'manual deletions' and within a week would provide clarity as to how to proceed. As this hasn't happened I have escalated my grievance with MBUK directly which the dealership said they had been in touch with them about so I'm forcing the issue myself. As you say the car is going back today anyway for the electronics with an E coupe as a replacement for now which helps me. The car has done 320 miles now as things stand.
Ed

Good luck with that. Not at all what you expect from a premium brand.

It's not the mistake that's irritating but the fact you're having to do the chasing yourself.

I test drove an sls amg last week in slight drizzle

priced at 140k from official dealer

dramatic entry

centre console shiny silver plastic and extends in to instrument binnacle

i went down the ferrari comparison too

all told most likely to trade my 997 cab for new 911 convertible when it's launched and save a few thousand in process and keep my ml350 for when roads get a bit slippy

I test drove an sls amg last week in slight drizzle

priced at 140k from official dealer

dramatic entry

centre console shiny silver plastic and extends in to instrument binnacle

i went down the ferrari comparison too

all told most likely to trade my 997 cab for new 911 convertible when it's launched and save a few thousand in process and keep my ml350 for when roads get a bit slippy
i think the centre console in silver is terrible for what is a £180k car they should have the carbon interior as standard.i think the carbon is a must have for resale aswell.
what did you think of the test drive in the sls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom