Starting W208 with flat battery & no access to boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Apologies - I am so needy this weekend!

As per previous posts I was been playing with electronics yesterday (a surefire road to disaster :eek:) and my battery is flat this morning. However I cannot jump start from the boot as since yesterday (before flat battery) - the key remote gives nothing, the switch on the consiole is lit but nothing happens and the skeleton key will not go into the lock - in fact even after WD40 it seems as if the key is totally the wrong size and shape! :confused:

So todays challenge to the panel - how do I get my car started!!!!! :dk:

STOP PRESS: Managed to get the key in and tried to turn it with pliers as suggested in another post - and the f&$*ing thing turned in the barrel then snapped - but still won't work!!!!

HELP!!!!!!

(I am good at cooking and fixing computers so not totally helpless!)

Last edited:
Under the bonnet is a stud you can connect a power pack to to power up the car and use the remote locking. Should have a black cover over it with a ' + ' stamped on it.

Do not attempt to jump start the car. You could damage expensive electronics. You need a trickle charger to power the car from the engine bay's points as Howard said, assuming you have the bonnet open.

Under the bonnet is a stud you can connect a power pack to to power up the car and use the remote locking. Should have a black cover over it with a ' + ' stamped on it.

The remote locking works OK on the doors but when I turn the key - nada! So I'm assuming something I did yesterday has been drawing power overnight and flattened the battery.

What about the remote release for the boot on the key ?

This sounds like a problem my dad had on his CLK , the boot remote release stopped working and the light on the switch stays illuminated. Only way into the boot for dad was to use the key ( which worked )

Was diagnosed as a faulty alarm siren of all things.

1. Try get in a back of your car.
2. Remove first aid kit.
3. Then use players to unclip back try rivet.
4. Remove plastic tray.

You will find 3 openings in metal panel. If you stick you hend inside (it will be hard) then pull cables that holds your back seats. Each cable is for each side seat. That way you will gain access to battery from inside. If I remeber right there will be handle inside to open back lid.

I had the same problem once in my W208. Took me 40 min to figure out way to access battey in a back. I was bleeding well but I was able to startmy car. :D

Good luck.

1. Try get in a back of your car.
2. Remove first aid kit.
3. Then use players to unclip back try rivet.
4. Remove plastic tray.

You will find 3 openings in metal panel. If you stick you hend inside (it will be hard) then pull cables that holds your back seats. Each cable is for each side seat. That way you will gain access to battery from inside. If I remeber right there will be handle inside to open back lid.

I had the same problem once in my W208. Took me 40 min to figure out way to access battey in a back. I was bleeding well but I was able to startmy car. :D

Good luck.

Happily, one of the seat sections just happens to be folded down so I should be able to open the other side too. Not quite sure how I get to the battery under the mat thing but I'll work on that while Green Flag turn up (had quite forgotten that I had at home cover with them via my bank account :bannana:

Happily, one of the seat sections just happens to be folded down so I should be able to open the other side too. Not quite sure how I get to the battery under the mat thing but I'll work on that while Green Flag turn up (had quite forgotten that I had at home cover with them via my bank account :bannana:

STOP PRESS: The "would you believe it" department: Managed to get the other seat section down and crawl into the boot (and for those of you who have met me it was a bit like squeezing a quart into a pint pot!) Determined that the Green Flag man would be able to get at the battery that way (bribed by tea and biccies of course!). Extracted myself out of the car, idly pressed the remote key boot release and - wouldyabeliveit - the boot popped open! The console boot release is still lit (should it stay lit when car is locked?) Only thing I can think of is that while in the boot I pressed the plastic plunger that operates the boot light and it went out (with boot closed at this stage remember) Could this be the root of the problem? Squirt of WD40 likely to be helpful?

Stay tuned folks for the next episode of this thrilling drama! :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom