• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Thinking of buying (and tested) a B class -W246 - advice needed about comfort

dinos1974

Car
VW Polo
[FONT=&quot]Hi to all and many thanks for reading and possibly replying.
In my search for a reliable car , I recently tried a W246 B class - sports tourer.
I came to the following conclusions about the seats comfort but
I would appreciate to have feedback as well.
1. The back seats are very uncomfortable and the middle seat is the worst of all (not enough padding? - I don’t know what else to suggest).
2. I think that it will be very difficult for three adults (70 - 95 kgr each) to seat comfortably without squeezing each other.
This, despite numerous comments I have seen in many car related websites pointing out that 3 adults will easily travel in comfort seating in the back.
3. It seems to me totally impossible to try to feet two isofix baby seats and an adult (grandmother:cool:) in the middle.

Am I correct or my first impression needs a reevaluation[FONT=&quot]?[/FONT]
Dinos - Greece
[/FONT]

Gut instinct in usually right...

If a seat is uncomfortable in a short time such as a test drive it will be much worse on a long trip.

If you are not sure a car works for you in layout terms I'd find another otherwise you will almost certainly regret it's purchase.

Hi to all and many thanks for reading and possibly replying.
In my search for a reliable car , I recently tried a W246 B class - sports tourer.
I came to the following conclusions about the seats comfort but
I would appreciate to have feedback as well.
1. The back seats are very uncomfortable and the middle seat is the worst of all (not enough padding? - I don’t know what else to suggest).
2. I think that it will be very difficult for three adults (70 - 95 kgr each) to seat comfortably without squeezing each other.
This, despite numerous comments I have seen in many car related websites pointing out that 3 adults will easily travel in comfort seating in the back.
3. It seems to me totally impossible to try to feet two isofix baby seats and an adult (grandmother:cool:) in the middle.

Am I correct or my first impression needs a reevaluation?
Dinos - Greece

Hi Dinos

Having had one for 10 months I don't agree with all the comments. I have two car seats (but not ISOFIX) and grandma on her recent visit was very conformable. The useable width of the back seat is in par with the top in the class so I don't think that is the problem. Also the back seats are relatively very comfortable. ..It depends what you compare them with and the overall comfort is very high due to the leg room which is better than a lot of other cars. Three adults can easily fit but it all depends on their size. If all of them are 95KG then you need a completely different car
For the middle seat yes us not as comfortable as the other two but that does not make it rubbish. ..is all relative. I can easily say that for trips up to few hours is more than fine...Also for longer trips you can put one car seat in the middle so as to give grandma a bit extra comfort

Theo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom