Top Gear - Merc CL 600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You beat me to it Alastair.

It's common knowledge that TG earns FAR more in profits than it costs to make. £6k for a car? They probably spend more in tea and biscuits for the crew's tea break.

You beat me to it Alastair.

It's common knowledge that TG earns FAR more in profits than it costs to make. £6k for a car? They probably spend more in tea and biscuits for the crew's tea break.

Jeremy Clarkson made

"His windfall came thanks to a payment from Bedder 6, a company he specifically set up a few years ago to take advantage of the Top Gear brand around the world as part of an unprecedented deal with the BBC.

The presenter took home £829,000 last year on top of his estimated £1 million annual salary from the BBC,

BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the corporation, now owns half of Bedder 6, while Clarkson owns 30 per cent and Mr Wilman has a 20 per cent stake.

That means Clarkson enjoyed a £479,000 cut of the £1.59 million dividend that was paid out to shareholders in the 12 months to March 2009, as well as a £350,000 fee from the BBC for "payment for services".

The £829,000 payment last year compares with £317,000 the previous year"

So the show generates £1.59m in profits, half of which the beeb hands over to Clarkson, who they've already paid a £1m.

So how does the show earn any money for the TV taxpayers??

Top Gear and all the spin offs from that franchise being sold around the globe. It was the biggest earner for the BBC overseas.

If you believe that they only make £1.59m then you're seriously gullible.

Do try and keep up.

A quick google shows that BBC's WW commercial arm made £200 million last year and names Top Gear as the biggest seller in most markets.

So you've just mislaid a few sparkles off your vajazzle then ?

You're getting close...

;)

I think given the amount TG makes WW, it certainly matters not to me how much they get paid and what they waste money on.

Slightly different to some of the other overpaid dickheads like Jonathan Ross, whose show I imagine has the export potential of a sloppy dog turd.

Maybe but driving out of the showroom in the new £6999 car would have probably lost the same :)

So its 1:1

:)

TG is so obviously heavily scripted that I feel embarrassed for them at times - well I would if they were not paid so much. Being fair to them though it is very funny in a school boy way, they say things others would love to be able to say publicly, and they definitely love cars. Without them it would be a hell of a lot easier for the politically correct green brigade to make motoring an offence all together!!

Jeremy Clarkson made

"His windfall came thanks to a payment from Bedder 6, a company he specifically set up a few years ago to take advantage of the Top Gear brand around the world as part of an unprecedented deal with the BBC.

The presenter took home £829,000 last year on top of his estimated £1 million annual salary from the BBC,

BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the corporation, now owns half of Bedder 6, while Clarkson owns 30 per cent and Mr Wilman has a 20 per cent stake.

That means Clarkson enjoyed a £479,000 cut of the £1.59 million dividend that was paid out to shareholders in the 12 months to March 2009, as well as a £350,000 fee from the BBC for "payment for services".

The £829,000 payment last year compares with £317,000 the previous year"

So the show generates £1.59m in profits, half of which the beeb hands over to Clarkson, who they've already paid a £1m.

So how does the show earn any money for the TV taxpayers??

cant believe you think it only makes a million or so in profits. Absolutely no way. It is exported to 40+ countries and per episode would make many many times that

Not the cl600 coils...

U need 2 be an idiot to go to dealership
Bosh coil costs 150 quid
LOL

Borys, the cl600 uses a single coil pack per bank of cylinders as opposed to a coil pack per cylinder (like the cl500). So if 1 Bank of Cylinders has a missfire (caused by a faulty coil) then all 6 cylinders/coils on that side must be changed. This is why they are sooooooo expensive. HTH

yes, i enjoyed that mercedes v12 coil packs are a joke nice to see them shown up on TV.
1k for a coil pack. Making profit out of crap design.

Borys, the cl600 uses a single coil pack per bank of cylinders as opposed to a coil pack per cylinder (like the cl500). So if 1 Bank of Cylinders has a missfire (caused by a faulty coil) then all 6 cylinders/coils on that side must be changed. This is why they are sooooooo expensive. HTH

Oki
But do they go wrong so very often on v12's
I have a fifth merc and never had a problem with coils
Cheers

I think James may did some tinkering...don't think he would look right as a skin head! Lol

cant believe you think it only makes a million or so in profits. Absolutely no way. It is exported to 40+ countries and per episode would make many many times that

It turned over £21million:

"It is understood that Bedder 6 will be used as the main channel for the profits for Top Gear merchandising and some of the other commercial activities relating to the hit BBC2 motoring show, including foreign sales of the original UK production"

"Bedder 6 tripled its turnover to £21 million thanks to the Top Gear brand branching out into even wider areas."

"BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the corporation, now owns half of Bedder 6, while Clarkson owns 30 per cent and Mr Wilman has a 20 per cent stake.

The £829,000 payment last year compares with £317,000 the previous year."

You have to wonder how a business that flogs on a brand could have a turnover of £21 million and profits of £1.59 million - did they spend £19 million on paperclips and staplers?

Nick - it will be huge franchising, management, promotional, management, advertising etc, all a vehicle to extract profits.

I looked at film and TV accounts for about a year - the more the film made, the more it lost. Never ever get a share of the net.

Nick - it will be huge franchising, management, promotional, management, advertising etc, all a vehicle to extract profits.

I looked at film and TV accounts for about a year - the more the film made, the more it lost. Never ever get a share of the net.

But £19 million??

Easily. You should see what top Hollywood accountants organise to suck all the profit out of blockbusters.

They just buy them, none of them are pre-production or scrap.

TG approaced me to buy an MG I was selling that they wanted to smash up for a laugh, as it happens, offered good money (cash!!) and instant collection too.

The uniquie way the BBC is funded (extortion) gives them plenty of money to play with.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

Buying a second-hand MG is completely different to a model 1 provided by an OEM.

But I also know that the reality experienced by people who've seen this in practise will make no difference to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom