URGENT CANT UNLOCK CAR c32

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I gave this info in post 93, but I think you missed it.

Plug the leads into the COM and V ports then set the meter to 2v DC and probe both sides of the same fuse at a time.
This way you will see any voltage drop across each fuse.

The fuse carrying the current will have a voltage drop due to the fuse having resistance.

If you can't see any reading, turn the meter range down to 200mV.

You have a 25W load, which is significant and something will be getting hot.

very stressed i seem to be doing more harm than good so I give up sorry just dont understand this meter

at first i Had the right setting for testing the battery voltage , came back from dealers at 13 v Plus

got it home and connected to the car started it and turned it off checked again down to 12 .5 v

turned car on to test alternator , that went up to 14 ish

so went about to check the drain in series with the meter set to com and 10 amps, and metre read 2.12 wtf !!! have i even done it right i connected to neg terminal

then i went about testing the fuses connected it all back up , switched the dome light off, waited for boot light to go out then put the meter on all the legs of the fuses , there are a few in the boot , drivers side fuse box and ones in the bay , nothing at all on the metre but wasnt sure which setting it had to be on as was confusing for me ,

thought i could here the fan running on the comand so took that out , went back and conected in series again and reading was 1.67 or something so lower than originally , put it all back together , no comand screen doesnt come on , and esp not avail message

propper licked out

Esp should reset after a quick spin up the road! Maybe command will spring into life but the amps drawn at 1.57 are exactly the same as my passenger seat draw when the module packed up....

been looking at the fuse diagrams too and they are annoying as for a different yr or spec veh they are different

with fuse is memory seats , is it fuse no 3 in the boot or what

thanks in advance for taking the time

been looking at the fuse diagrams too and they are annoying as for a different yr or spec veh they are different

with fuse is memory seats , is it fuse no 3 in the boot or what

thanks in advance for taking the time

Just pull the cables out the front of the modules under the seats, check the drain...then plug the drivers seat back in...check the drain...and then passenger....

Sorry to hear your not having any luck of you look up YouTube their I'd a video or two on how too use a multi meter

12.37 is a good voltage

Have you any buddy's that are handy at this they may be able too help

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

horgantrevor said:
Sorry to hear your not having any luck of you look up YouTube their I'd a video or two on how too use a multi meter

12.37 is a good voltage

Have you any buddy's that are handy at this they may be able too help

Have but we are all on leave at moment mate , the voltage came back with 13 + when charged and checked at mb , will check again, but if I used the meter right there Is a drain a large one just new to pin point but difficult one man job when testing in series , gonna pull plugs on seats tomorrow

Ya the seats are a common one and may be the root of all this I hope that's all it is you ll look back and laugh at this one day

A cold beer is called for and feet up after a day battling the c32

Just remember the next time the car is shining the sun is out and the roads are clear let the fun begin

horgantrevor said:
Ya the seats are a common one and may be the root of all this I hope that's all it is you ll look back and laugh at this one day

A cold beer is called for and feet up after a day battling the c32

Just remember the next time the car is shining the sun is out and the roads are clear let the fun begin

Love to have fun with it but it won't let me lol

Have but we are all on leave at moment mate , the voltage came back with 13 + when charged and checked at mb , will check again, but if I used the meter right there Is a drain a large one just new to pin point but difficult one man job when testing in series , gonna pull plugs on seats tomorrow

Use Savman's method of checking the voltage drop on each fuse.

update, initial reading on battery was same as i left it last night disconnected , so good battery ?

had a read up on electrics ect and think i now understand the meter and may have had some success today

set the meter on dc 2 v and tested all fuses

the only one that was giving any voltage was comand fuse but not much , i set to 200 mv and it was 5.00 set to 2 v and was 0.05 , i can hear the fan running behind comand so is this meant to go off after a period of time or does it go on when you open the door , i dont know

however i had more success with the drivers seat when unplugging it , when tested in series meter set to dc , leads in 10a and com was getting a reading of 2.57, unplugged it and it went down to 1.57, unplugged the passenger side and stayed the same 1.57

can you help me interpret this please

left drivers seat unplugged for now

thanks

bill

update, initial reading on battery was same as i left it last night disconnected , so good battery ?

had a read up on electrics ect and think i now understand the meter and may have had some success today

set the meter on dc 2 v and tested all fuses

the only one that was giving any voltage was comand fuse but not much , i set to 200 mv and it was 5.00 set to 2 v and was 0.05 , i can hear the fan running behind comand so is this meant to go off after a period of time or does it go on when you open the door , i dont know

however i had more success with the drivers seat when unplugging it , when tested in series meter set to dc , leads in 10a and com was getting a reading of 2.57, unplugged it and it went down to 1.57, unplugged the passenger side and stayed the same 1.57

can you help me interpret this please

left drivers seat unplugged for now

thanks

bill

Duff drivers seat module for sure...you can wire out the permanent live as a cheeper fix than £250 for a new module! Did you make sure all the doors etc were shut when you did the readings? Its needs to settle for a bit and the command fan should go off after about 30 seconds

Duff drivers seat module for sure...you can wire out the permanent live as a cheeper fix than £250 for a new module! Did you make sure all the doors etc were shut when you did the readings? Its needs to settle for a bit and the command fan should go off after about 30 seconds

turned off dome light and boot was shut and light off

will go out and recheck my comand fan in a bit

turned off dome light and boot was shut and light off

will go out and recheck my comand fan in a bit

Might be wrong but i think opening the door reactivates comand so you might be better closing the door and just sit and listening for a few mins...

You will need to wait several minutes for the CAN system to shut down.

You definitely have a seat module problem.

As an aside, I have changed the battery terminal clamps on two of my cars this afternoon due to them appearing to be well clamped, but could be twisted off if gripped hard. After the change both cars have noticeably better cranking speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom