URGENT CANT UNLOCK CAR c32

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
horgantrevor said:
How long was it on charge

How long after you charged it did you check voltage again

And in doors sounds like battery has a problem

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Was on charge for 7 hours charged to 12.49 v turned it off went to bed for 9 hrs re checked and read 12.00

I think you know the answer new battery

ok So I took the battery to MB , at first he turned me away and said its outside the 2 yrs warrantee. Wasnt happy with this as i saw on the MB website batteries are 3 yrs , logged my details of complaint and went back in to MB , apologetic NOT they will check battery for me overnight ect on there equipment. Shock i had to carry the battery from the boot of my gfs car in through the showroom myself , bad CS imho :(

whilst gf was on the phone to customer services i had the battery checked at a tyre place on a bosch tester it came back needed charging but the rating measured 614 and is meant to be 760 en A, so god knows what MB will say on Friday, if faulty though I get a new battery FOC, but only due to perseverance

edit measured 12.5 v after long charge

Last edited:
Take the result of your independant test back to MB... they as usual are taking the pxss...

Battery is duff and they know it what voltage is it now

I bet they put it on charge took off charge and tested it ASAP

Ya it's going to give a good reading come back on a hour and it dropped big time as stated in this threat day two after you charged it

It's a boat anchor

Plug the leads into the COM and V ports then set the meter to 2v DC and probe both sides of the same fuse at a time.
This way you will see any voltage drop across each fuse.

The fuse carrying the current will have a voltage drop due to the fuse having resistance.

If you can't see any reading, turn the meter range down to 200mV.

You have a 25W load, which is significant and something will be getting hot.

Don't worry about those errors. Many pop up with low voltage/battery changes. Just focus on finding and remedying the problem. Those issues will be a doddle once you have a fully charged battery and no drain.

Don't worry about those errors. Many pop up with low voltage/battery changes. Just focus on finding and remedying the problem. Those issues will be a doddle once you have a fully charged battery and no drain.

i give up :( taking it to indy tomorrow ffs, why doesnt the screen come on now , i removed the fuze to check drain on the comand, put all fuses back in and get all this crap , depressed aint the word

I dont even understand the readings , i had the multimetre set like this

leads in 10 A and com

dial set to dc 10 AMPs

connected the MM in series to the battery was getting a drain reading of over 2.12

took command fuze out it went down to 1.57

Dont understand all this and now its all gone mad , so fcuked off cos i want to understand it but cant

also was pissing down with rain so no even more miserable, should have taken the car straight to indy GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Billy stay calm, once you get used to using a multimeter you will find them invaluable for tracing all sorts of issues. They can save you a fortune in swapping unnecessary parts.

Take a look at the videos that DM posted earlier in the thread they will help you through it.

Last edited:
Billy stay calm, once you get used to using a multimeter you will find them invaluable for tracing all sorts of issues. They can save you a fortune in swapping unecassary parts.

Take a look at the videos that DM posted earlier in the thread they will help you through it.

very stressed i seem to be doing more harm than good so I give up sorry just dont understand this meter

at first i Had the right setting for testing the battery voltage , came back from dealers at 13 v Plus

got it home and connected to the car started it and turned it off checked again down to 12 .5 v

turned car on to test alternator , that went up to 14 ish

so went about to check the drain in series with the meter set to com and 10 amps, and metre read 2.12 wtf !!! have i even done it right i connected to neg terminal

then i went about testing the fuses connected it all back up , switched the dome light off, waited for boot light to go out then put the meter on all the legs of the fuses , there are a few in the boot , drivers side fuse box and ones in the bay , nothing at all on the metre but wasnt sure which setting it had to be on as was confusing for me ,

thought i could here the fan running on the comand so took that out , went back and conected in series again and reading was 1.67 or something so lower than originally , put it all back together , no comand screen doesnt come on , and esp not avail message

propper licked out

The ESP just needs the steering wheel turning to full lock both ways to reset it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom