W203 MY01 and Parrot mki9100

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by cEvin, Jan 21, 2014.

1. cEvin

cEvin New Member

Car:
    W203-C180 Saloon
    Hi all, i am a new owner of W203 C180 MY2001. I am happy with the factory audio set ( i think Audio 10 CD ) and i would like to keep it, but i lacking the ability to play mp3 files and Bluetooth headset too,so i thinking to buy and install parrot mki9100/9200. The problem is, when i have checked the compatibility of the parrot with steering wheels control or connector it shows regarding my model 01/01 there is no option for my car... but if i have tried January 2003 it gaves me the option if my audio 10 is with fiber or without fiber cables... so the question is, how can i know that my audio 10 is with or without fiber cable and what was has changed in ecu or somewhere from 2001 to 2003?

thank you.

2. Alfie

Alfie Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    W169 A, W205 C, W451 smart
    W203 with audio-10 has fibre capability but this is of no issue at all to you unless you have the Bose sound upgrade. This is unlikely in a car with audio-10.

The parrot system will work with the audio-10. You will though need the Unika steering wheel control interface if you want the steering wheel controls to answer the phone.