W204 Facelift Spy Shots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Absolutely no need for DRL's whether they be halogen/xenon/LED - for goodness sakes if you can't see something as big as a car then you shouldn't be on the road!!

LED's used for rear clusters etc are fine as obviously it will lessen the 'blown bulb' syndrome but apart from that....

..... just EU legislation for the sake of passing more Draconian measures.......ridiculous waste of money.

I'm neither hijacking this thread nor am I looking for an argument!! :D

i was at the dealers the other day, as the car went in for its first service, well i spoke to the salesman who sold me the car and told him i was very unhappy that i did not get the new led fogs on mine, i even waited to get the facelift mirrors! so he said that he would get it changed. and when they were doing it they even removed the scuff mark on the bumper free of charge! so a bonus all round!

@ Merc Man

Did you actually get your round fog lights on your C180 changed to the straight LED DRL for free. How long did it take? I ask this before becuase I have seen many people ask about trying to do this conversion on many other forums for the E and S class models but with no joy or with errors.

I hope those gay saxo-like eyebrows dont stick. Mercedes is losing its 'elegant' look and becoming angry & testosterone filled like BMW. They're probably thinking 'If you cant beat em, join em!'

I totally agree. I just picked up my c class and it has the normal fog lights. The day time lights were only in the package option which I wasnt going to pay for. Ive seen loads of the E class with these on and not sure it looks right at all but each to their own.

Yes, both my cars (Merc 2006 and Renault 2005) have the option - which I use on both - to have the headlamps come-on with the ignition day-or-night (swedish-style), so this is indeed not a novelty by itself.

But... (wait for it, Jeremy Clarkson!) it is apparently not environmetally-friendly, and in fact it is energy-wasting, to have a pair of 55W bulbs on during the day... queue DRL, which are bright LED and therefore much more energy-efficient.

So this has nothing to do with safety - as said the feature itself has been in existance for donkey's years - it is all about 'saving the planet'. As usual.

Mercedes-C-class-Facelift-1_108392355.JPG

Mercedes-C-class-Facelift-2_108392356.JPG

Mercedes-C-class-Facelift-3_108392357.JPG

Mercedes-C-class-Facelift-4_108392358.JPG

Mercedes-C-class-Facelift-5_108392359.JPG

I wonder if the facelift will also update the interior... this is the main hurdle stopping me from replacing my w203 with w204.

A friend of mine gets his new C in mid September, dealer has confirmed it will be 'facelift' model. By the sounds of it, this one is a minor, bumpers only lift.

New front bumper to address the 'weight' of the front of the overhang to match rear.

Real facelift comes 2011, new metal bits amd lights too.

Surely LED DLR are for intelligent lighting pack only? As available on current model

lol!!

Palmball, have you seen this??

You gonna be chopping in your C63 again? :crazy::doh:

:D

Wonder whether the facelift C63 will have the 5.5 V8 biturbo engine and the DCT transmssion ...

I've just checked the spec on my car which is facelift and due to arrive in a couple of weeks. It's S204 and there are no LEDs on it, just the normal foglamps. The lEDs were part of the ILS. I quite like the LEDs though and am thinking I should have gone with them.. Too late now...

Ohh no!!! My car will be the 'old' model! It'll have to go lol!

Nah, only joking...visual facelifts don't bother me. What I can pretty much confirm is that no '204 derived car will ever have the new 5.5TT as it won't fit! Even the new C-Class coupe AMG will have the 6.2 when it comes out at the end of next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom