W205 C Class Comand Latest Map Version

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does the Comand Online not just update the maps over the air?

Mercedes really are so behind when it comes to infotainment, on the BMWs they use the built in 4G to update the maps as they become available. I think other marques do this now too.

Update to Europe 2015/2016 V13.0 done today FOC at the main dealer

Update to Europe 2015/2016 V13.0 done today FOC at the main dealer

Ive just had same update on my C63 (apparently!) but how do I navigate through the system and actually see that it is this new version and its all gone through? (I'm only sceptical as it didn't complete on Day 1 and didn't sound that promising at start of Day 2!!!)

Ive just had same update on my C63 (apparently!) but how do I navigate through the system and actually see that it is this new version and its all gone through? (I'm only sceptical as it didn't complete on Day 1 and didn't sound that promising at start of Day 2!!!)

Select Navi
On the navigation screen, highlight the Navi tab at the top left
Click (press down) the selector knob
Rotate the knob to the bottom of the list for "map version"

Anybody know what the current version is for the command system?

Which version of Comand do you have?

It's a new model 2015 c class estate. If that helps.

Just had the V222 serviced (NTG5 COMAND too), no maps update (since about a year ago). Not much use of free updates when there hardly is any (unless it was just our garage).

Dealers are notorious for trying to avoid doing map updates, as they tie up a service bay for long periods. Ive never managed to get an update completed without asking for it specifically to be done when booking the car in for a service.

Dealers are notorious for trying to avoid doing map updates, as they tie up a service bay for long periods. Ive never managed to get an update completed without asking for it specifically to be done when booking the car in for a service.

I've never managed to get an update completed even if asking for it specifically to be done when booking the car in for service. :mad:

Have to admit that the car has been serviced twice now. Maps updated once in-between services, took two attempts there.

The reason I ask is that the car has been serviced this week and i asked for the update. It took two days but the version now on is Europe 2015/16 version 7. I had version 6 before so at least some form of update is on.

The reason I ask is that the car has been serviced this week and i asked for the update. It took two days but the version now on is Europe 2015/16 version 7. I had version 6 before so at least some form of update is on.

Cannot see why this information is not available from the MB websites any more. Just checked that mine is still version 6, meaning the workshop simply lied to me when they said there was no update available.

In fairness they had to get the vr 7 from Mercedes as they didn't have it locally so it may be it has just been released.
After service I got a print out called the VeDOc which has the vehicle identification number, map version and the dvd object number withs a license key as well. So everyone should look out for this when asking for the update.

Need confirmation that V7 is out

Just had my annual service last week and requested the free Map Update for my 2014 W205 Comand System.
Checked on return and the system says maps are still at V6 2015 as they were when I first started this thread.
Car had to go back in yesterday so I told service staff that no map update had been carried out when serviced so could they do it this time.
Collected car today, maps still at V6.
Service lady phoned technician to check and reply was "No further update available" i.e they say V6 is still current release.
Is this true?
If anyone could spare the time to check, I would be a great help.

Just had my annual service last week and requested the free Map Update for my 2014 W205 Comand System.
Checked on return and the system says maps are still at V6 2015 as they were when I first started this thread.
Car had to go back in yesterday so I told service staff that no map update had been carried out when serviced so could they do it this time.
Collected car today, maps still at V6.
Service lady phoned technician to check and reply was "No further update available" i.e they say V6 is still current release.
Is this true?
If anyone could spare the time to check, I would be a great help.

Just email MBUK and get it straight from the horses mouth, that's what I've done in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom