What do you want to know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
21's. On the advice of the dealer actually. I was going to go with the standard 19's on the basis that the ride quality may be better and they are of course cheaper.

But MB convinced me the ride is fine (which I did find to be the case when I test drove a GLC 63S to be fair) and they do imo look better.

I'm wondering if it was a bad idea?

Well they’re the only wheel where the tyre hasn’t and can’t be changed, so if you’re concerned about it, I’d change to the 20’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they’re the only wheel where the tyre hasn’t and can’t be changed, so if you’re concerned about it, I’d change to the 20’s
Thanks - so you mean MB are supplying all weather tyres with other wheel sizes but not with the 21s? Are there no all weather tyres available in this size?

I'm reluctant to change wheels at this point. I think I'll see how it goes and if the car is unacceptable on 21s, then I'll insist MB change the wheels (and tyres) at some point further down the line.

Thanks - so you mean MB are supplying all weather tyres with other wheel sizes but not with the 21s? Are there no all weather tyres available in this size?

I'm reluctant to change wheels at this point. I think I'll see how it goes and if the car is unacceptable on 21s, then I'll insist MB change the wheels (and tyres) at some point further down the line.

As far as I’m aware, the tyres on the 21’s are too low profile for there to be an all weather alternative. Personally I’d stick with them, as it really doesn’t bother me that much, but some people do find it more annoying than others.

As far as I’m aware, the tyres on the 21’s are too low profile for there to be an all weather alternative. Personally I’d stick with them, as it really doesn’t bother me that much, but some people do find it more annoying than others.

Thanks

Do you only notice it when e.g. parking? I've seen a YouTube where it happens when someone is just driving normally and turns a corner. This I would find completely unacceptable, but if it only occurs at near full lock when manoeuvring, less of an issue. My 911 used to do the same anyway.

Do you find the problem is worse in cold weather? How is it in summer? And what's the tyre wear been like?

Sorry for all these questions but this is most helpful. So thanks again.

I note there's winter tyres in the 21 inch size so maybe that's a solution?

Thanks

Do you only notice it when e.g. parking? I've seen a YouTube where it happens when someone is just driving normally and turns a corner. This I would find completely unacceptable, but if it only occurs at near full lock when manoeuvring, less of an issue. My 911 used to do the same anyway.

Do you find the problem is worse in cold weather? How is it in summer? And what's the tyre wear been like?

Sorry for all these questions but this is most helpful. So thanks again.

If you can see a winter tyre option for them, that’s good news. I only notice it at low speed on full or near full lock. I’ve never experienced it at speed and on most vehicles it’s not noticeable at all in the summer. It does very from car to car and imo it is worst in the E Class all terrain and GLC63

If you can see a winter tyre option for them, that’s good news. I only notice it at low speed on full or near full lock. I’ve never experienced it at speed and on most vehicles it’s not noticeable at all in the summer. It does very from car to car and imo it is worst in the E Class all terrain and GLC63

Interesting.

I had a test drive of a GLC 63 two weeks ago (before I had heard of this issue) and at one point I had to do a U-turn in a lay-by. I had the car on full lock to do a 180 degree turn in a tight space, and there was no crabbing whatsoever. All I noticed at the time was that the turning circle was excellent.

Interesting.

I had a test drive of a GLC 63 two weeks ago (before I had heard of this issue) and at one point I had to do a U-turn in a lay-by. I had the car on full lock to do a 180 degree turn in a tight space, and there was no crabbing whatsoever. All I noticed at the time was that the turning circle was excellent.

That clearly shows the difference in warmer weather then

What's happened to the MB UK used car search engine, I like to keep an eye on what R172 SLK55s are available, can't search for any SLK at the moment.

It's as if they've been removed from the face of the earth!

RR

What's happened to the MB UK used car search engine, I like to keep an eye on what R172 SLK55s are available, can't search for any SLK at the moment.

It's as if they've been removed from the face of the earth!

RR

Sorry about the delay, I completely missed this one. I use the used car search every day at work and find it very frustrating. Quite often we have cars for sale that are missing from the site, simply because the option isn’t there to select.

I’ve seen 3 major overhauls of that site in my time with Mercedes and for what I use it for, it’s actually got worse. When trying to narrow down cars with particular options/packages, I end up using Autotrader because the MB one just isn’t comprehensive enough. I’m hopeful that they’ll get it right

Sorry about the delay, I completely missed this one. I use the used car search every day at work and find it very frustrating. Quite often we have cars for sale that are missing from the site, simply because the option isn’t there to select.

I’ve seen 3 major overhauls of that site in my time with Mercedes and for what I use it for, it’s actually got worse. When trying to narrow down cars with particular options/packages, I end up using Autotrader because the MB one just isn’t comprehensive enough. I’m hopeful that they’ll get it right

I'm guessing it's just a case that MB corporate regard the SLK as a legacy model (having been replaced by the SLC), so the approved used menu option(s) have been amended accordingly?

I'm guessing it's just a case that MB corporate regard the SLK as a legacy model (having been replaced by the SLC), so the approved used menu option(s) have been amended accordingly?

We find that quite a few models and individual variants are missing from time to time, so it’s certainly not an age thing. The SLK55 really isn’t that old either

Hi - ive been advised to ask this here. Is it correct that W213 is going to have command as standard from next year even though the MB literature says that its an option? My dealer said they were told 4 days ago that as from build 2018 175 they would be standard? Have you heard this as I will be renewing my E class in March. Thanks..

Hi - ive been advised to ask this here. Is it correct that W213 is going to have command as standard from next year even though the MB literature says that its an option? My dealer said they were told 4 days ago that as from build 2018 175 they would be standard? Have you heard this as I will be renewing my E class in March. Thanks..

They’re incorrect. All E Class get widescreen cockpit as standard, but it’ll run SD card based nav. COMAND is in the premium plus pack. It’s all detailed in the brochure on the MBUK site already

They’re incorrect. All E Class get widescreen cockpit as standard, but it’ll run SD card based nav. COMAND is in the premium plus pack. It’s all detailed in the brochure on the MBUK site already

At least the widescreen option is a bonus I guess :) Will have to pay extra for the command . Thanks

One of the blogs I look at now and again had spy shots of a disguised facelifted E Coupe running MBUX the other day. Though they suggested it’s unlikely to be seen in production vehicles till 2020.

One of the blogs I look at now and again had spy shots of a disguised facelifted E Coupe running MBUX the other day. Though they suggested it’s unlikely to be seen in production vehicles till 2020.

I’d be very surprised if it didn’t get MBUX at FL now. With the A, B, CLA, GLE and GLS running out by then, it makes sense for the E Class to

I haven’t seen any posts about the GTR Pro on the forum yet. What are people’s thoughts? It looks pretty awesome to me, especially the added aero. Production starts in April, alongside the FL GT

8f431299010d868f697fc693067bca1d.jpg

It does look awesome. Way outside my budget though unless I win the lottery.

It does look awesome. Way outside my budget though unless I win the lottery.

Me too! I’m very thankful to say that I’ll be handing over at least 2 of them, having taken 4 pre-orders. I can’t waiting to see it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom