What do you want to know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
JBD,
I had read somewhere that the next model year E (2020) had the new MBUX infotainment and not necessarily an overall facelift. Does this tally with your understanding?
With a model change coming in June, even though the salesman assured me they changed only in December, I will be canceling the car today. I recall specifically asking when model years change and there was no mention of June. I'm not really inclined to take delivery 10 days before a change if it sticks with the original date. Cutting off my nose to spite my face? Probably, but the silence has been deafening and all I get when I chase are lines of spiel.
Supporting JBD’s view that the update is next year - 2020 Mercedes-Benz E-Class @ Top Speed
You’ll see that even this is really only minor changes. Looking at the interior shots the only change to the infotainment seems to be the substitution of the Comand wheel for a pad - good luck with that whilst driving !
They are constantly adding minor improvements so you’ll always be only a few months away from a minor ‘upgrade’. I waited 9 months for my E Class - worth the wait.

Hi JBD,
Thank you for your perseverance with my issue and you have shifted it. I'm still disappointed that such a 'powerful' (salesman description yesterday) dealership as Sandown Guildford didn't know that the factory was closing down for April/May. All I've been given are 'we don't know' all along. I asked what cars were being delivered lately and when were they ordered. He helpfully found a car that was ordered in March by an Ipswich dealer and is allocated for April build which didn't really help me when I reminded him that I ordered in February and how was that supposed to make me feel better what with them being so powerful and all. It's just games, I know.

With your help and input as well as wivenhoe's we will wait a bit longer (it'll be a 69 at this rate). I'm sure it will be worth it.

Hi JBD,
Thank you for your perseverance with my issue and you have shifted it. I'm still disappointed that such a 'powerful' (salesman description yesterday) dealership as Sandown Guildford didn't know that the factory was closing down for April/May. All I've been given are 'we don't know' all along. I asked what cars were being delivered lately and when were they ordered. He helpfully found a car that was ordered in March by an Ipswich dealer and is allocated for April build which didn't really help me when I reminded him that I ordered in February and how was that supposed to make me feel better what with them being so powerful and all. It's just games, I know.

With your help and input as well as wivenhoe's we will wait a bit longer (it'll be a 69 at this rate). I'm sure it will be worth it.

Can you tell me the full spec/colour of the car you’ve ordered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E220D Estate AMG Line Premium Plus Selenite Grey with Electric Tow Bar and Driving Assistance Plus. Standard black Artico interior and wheels. Order placed with dealer on the 18th May 19. It's going to be a lovely car when it gets here and just wish they still did factory collections.

E220D Estate AMG Line Premium Plus Selenite Grey with Electric Tow Bar and Driving Assistance Plus. Standard black Artico interior and wheels. Order placed with dealer on the 18th May 19. It's going to be a lovely car when it gets here and just wish they still did factory collections.

Right, your main issue is the tow bar. It hasn’t been available for quite a few months, so I expect you’ll have to go for the next model year. We have 3 outstanding orders with tow bars

Oh, great! :-( Hopefully, that backlog will clear soon. I've heard that the tow bar can be factory or dealer fitted but I guess that if they simply don't have the parts to fit then nothing can be done.

Hi James
I have a C43 on order and my dealer tells me it's in transit from East London now, due at dealers around 20th May. Can you tell me please which port would it arrive at in the UK.

Hi James
I have a C43 on order and my dealer tells me it's in transit from East London now, due at dealers around 20th May. Can you tell me please which port would it arrive at in the UK.

It can go into 1 of 5 ports, partly dependant on what dealer it is going to

Dependent

Thanks James,
it's going to Warrington, Cheshire.

I note today that the on the merc uk website, the "configure" option has been removed for the GLC.

Is this the usual pre-cursor for the model refresh to make an appearance ?

I note today that the on the merc uk website, the "configure" option has been removed for the GLC.

Is this the usual pre-cursor for the model refresh to make an appearance ?

The facelift goes into production in June, with pricing imminently arriving, which will be why

is the 2 litre petrol engine in the new A class the same as the engine in the C, E and CLS?

There’s no embargo that I’m aware of, I just believe they they’ve pushed some build slots back from when originally planned

My build date has been pushed back from 26th April until July, not sure what the issue is at the factory in Alabama?

My E220D Estate delivery date of May is most definitely not going to happen. I have been told it will be 'possibly' a June or July build. The dealer is twitching as we've told them that if it's an end of July or August delivery then they can register it as a '69 in September.

Hi JBD,

Which factories/models are affected by shutdowns? I ordered a C63S estate around 3rd February this year, for a May delivery (says late 25th May on the invoice, but was told it would likely be earlier). I don't have a chassis number or build date,and I have not been contacted about a specification lock out date either. Is it likely my order is caught in this shutdown? I optioned Iridium Silver Magno, driving assistance pack, Night pack, HUD, Forged black alloys, extended Artico/Nappa style belt lines and dash, carbon dash trim... I note that MB configurator has Iridium silver Magno option available, but not available when selecting for some time now.

I also note some people have cars due from East London, I asked the dealer that specific question and was told my car was a Bremen build , is that largely correct or do they come from other plants for the UK market?

Thanks in advance and your help is much appreciated!

C Estate is only built in Bremen, so I assume they’re waiting for a June build car to be allocated, as I don’t think any were built in May

Hi JBD, On 4 April i placed an order for a GLE450 and now waitng for a build date. Have you any idea of the usual time scale for this to be issued. This is my first Mercedes motor so iam a little impatient and the dealer seems reluctant to answer emails in a timeley manner.

A quick update on this, i had an email from Inchcape yesterday saying i had been allocated a build slot and the car is now due to land here during the first week of October. :(:(:( Seems an awfully long way off.

Hi JBD,
Is there any news yet about the MY20 E specifications? I appreciate that the mild facelift and MBUX is next year but MB seem to meddle with the Packages each MY change and I would really love to see leather become a sensibly priced option. We were browsing cars yesterday and the difference between the smell of a new leather V90 CC and a new MB with Artico/Dinamic was startling. The MB smelt really odd.

Enough rambling, any news would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

P.S. I mean the MY change that is coming in June which I presume is MY20.

On order:- E220D AMG Line 4Matic Prem Plus/Driv Ass Plus/Tow Bar/Artico-Dinamic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom