What do you want to know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi JBD,
Is there any news yet about the MY20 E specifications? I appreciate that the mild facelift and MBUX is next year but MB seem to meddle with the Packages each MY change and I would really love to see leather become a sensibly priced option. We were browsing cars yesterday and the difference between the smell of a new leather V90 CC and a new MB with Artico/Dinamic was startling. The MB smelt really odd.

Enough rambling, any news would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

P.S. I mean the MY change that is coming in June which I presume is MY20.

On order:- E220D AMG Line 4Matic Prem Plus/Driv Ass Plus/Tow Bar/Artico-Dinamic

So here’s the new model change. AMG Line has been replaced. If you want leather, go for the AMG Line Edition where it’s standard

64adadc7baf926f5373a7075cc324bb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, JBD, that is great news. I was in the dealer about 1 hour ago and the sales guy told me they knew absolutely nothing about any changes that were coming.

Thanks, JBD, that is great news. I was in the dealer about 1 hour ago and the sales guy told me they knew absolutely nothing about any changes that were coming.

Tell him they came through to every dealer via network news last week. I managed to receive it when I was abroad on holiday, so I’m sure they can manage

He has just sent me through the network news info after a less than subtle prompt from me. From the covering document I see that production commences 1st July with first UK deliveries are August, which as the car has now got leather we will go along with without trying to get it registered as a ‘69. This would tie in with the info we received yesterday from a separate franchise dealer (Lookers) who showed us his E build slot allocation sheet which had miserably low numbers on it but noticeably a big fat zero for June. I suspect, despite assurances that we are “top of the list” that it will be a Sept delivery car anyway.
Two additional interesting facts are that the price of the Prem Plus package has dropped by £400 and that ‘standalone options’ are removed for the E class. One part states ‘All’ but the Product Guide only mentions Night Package, 3rd row bench seat and wheels RVQ, RTY, RTM, RTP & RTR. No mention of my tow bar which I would be happy to have dealer fitted anyway to speed up the cars production.

Last edited:
Call me a sceptic , but from the details above , I don't think that leather is standard. I stand to be corrected , I like to see details as important as that specifically quoted and not a photo saying "AMG line interior with leather upholstery".
Odd pricing difference between normal and night edition , £1400 extra , no leather , and all you get are black mirrors and 20" alloys ???

Last edited:
Hi Scooby-Doo,
I agree that on reading the initial MB sheet it just says the AMG Line Edition (ALE) with leather but the product news roundup sheet I have states in summary that the new ALE has a new 19” wheel, leather upholstery, COMAND online and no price increase. It would appear that Artico/Dinamica has been discontinued. I was told today that it’s a UK only thing anyway, apparently.

That's fine, just wanted to plant that little seed of doubt, nothing worse than getting a new car and something is "missing". Been around a bit too long and learned the hard way never to "assume" .
Still think £1400 for 20" alloys and a few black bits is expensive.

Hi JBD,
I ordered a C43 estate at the end of March, but still have not received a build date. Are there issues with building this car?
Spec is Hyacinth Red/Premium Plus/Leather/Driving Assistance Package/Privacy Glass/Black Ash Dash/Memory Function/Performance Exhaust

Hi Scooby-Doo,
I agree that on reading the initial MB sheet it just says the AMG Line Edition (ALE) with leather but the product news roundup sheet I have states in summary that the new ALE has a new 19” wheel, leather upholstery, COMAND online and no price increase. It would appear that Artico/Dinamica has been discontinued. I was told today that it’s a UK only thing anyway, apparently.

It shows as having leather in other places in the product guide, but I agree, that makes the price difference slightly odd.

The full price list should be live some time this week, so we shall see

Hi JBD,
I ordered a C43 estate at the end of March, but still have not received a build date. Are there issues with building this car?
Spec is Hyacinth Red/Premium Plus/Leather/Driving Assistance Package/Privacy Glass/Black Ash Dash/Memory Function/Performance Exhaust

There was no production from April to June (apart from a tiny amount in June) so it’s likely you’ll get something once July allocation arrives. It’s completely down to model year changes and new emission compliance

There was no production from April to June (apart from a tiny amount in June) so it’s likely you’ll get something once July allocation arrives. It’s completely down to model year changes and new emission compliance

Thank you for the response. I got an email from my dealer yesterday stating the same. Build would likely be in July, with delivery to the dealer in late August. So I might as well wait until September to register and collect it.

Thank you for the response. I got an email from my dealer yesterday stating the same. Build would likely be in July, with delivery to the dealer in late August. So I might as well wait until September to register and collect it.
I have also suggested that if it’s an August delivery then we’ve waited long enough already that the registration can wait until 1st Sept but the dealer responded immediately by stating that the finance deal is all based on it being a ‘19 car. What happens if the car doesn’t actually arrive until Sept? Will they cancel my order? I doubt it. We are away for most of August anyway.

I have also suggested that if it’s an August delivery then we’ve waited long enough already that the registration can wait until 1st Sept but the dealer responded immediately by stating that the finance deal is all based on it being a ‘19 car. What happens if the car doesn’t actually arrive until Sept? Will they cancel my order? I doubt it. We are away for most of August anyway.
Mine does not have a finance deal, so waiting for the dealer response to my wanting to register the car in September. I expect a similar fight!

Does your official order show the finance discount and if so is it qualified ? That said, in earlier posts you were pleased that you were getting the updated spec, including leather so if they hold the original amounts and offer to deliver in August won’t you be risking them repricing everything for a Sept delivery in the new spec and JBD said the new price list isn’t out yet. I would hold fire and see the price list and then ask the dealer for confirmation of a delivery date. Has the deal got a px in it - if so, the Sept value will probably be less than a deal done months ago
When I bought the wife’s new Polo last Feb they were insistent (and the order clearly stated) that the discount reflected a Feb registration. They wouldn’t budge on it and as the deal was the same as on DriveTheDeal I accepted it. Problems with delivery meant the car wasn’t available until first week of March so new reg on it. They were also cheesed off because on the order I wrote that the px value was to apply irrespective of when the new car was available. I did that because my last 2 new Mercedes were months late but the dealer was reasonable and held the value although I don’t think they had to

My purchase invoice, which has the dealer and finance contributions on, and finance quote make no reference to it having to be a ‘19 reg. The price of the Prem Plus package has dropped by £400 so as they promised me unreservedly that we would benefit from any improved finance offer or price they can blinking well drop it by £400. The MB Product Guide clearly states that there are no price increases but standalone options are dropped.
You are right that we are over the moon that leather now features so as long as the price drops and it gets here in July or early August then we probably will not argue too much about a Sept reg. No PX involved.

My purchase invoice, which has the dealer and finance contributions on, and finance quote make no reference to it having to be a ‘19 reg. The price of the Prem Plus package has dropped by £400 so as they promised me unreservedly that we would benefit from any improved finance offer or price they can blinking well drop it by £400. The MB Product Guide clearly states that there are no price increases but standalone options are dropped.
You are right that we are over the moon that leather now features so as long as the price drops and it gets here in July or early August then we probably will not argue too much about a Sept reg. No PX involved.
Good luck. I am sure you’ll be really pleased with it when you get it - irrespective of the plate ! I have an optioned up E350e and the tech in it is really impressive and useful - e.g. Comand sat nav has the fuel prices at most garages, the maps auto update, Mercedes Me has every service available bar MBUX, linguitronic is much more accurate and covers virtually every control and the widescreen means you can have displayed most things.

Update: My dealer is happy for my new C43 Estate to be registered in September based on a July build. Bonus for me is that according to the configurator, leather seats, privacy glass and black oak dash now seem to be standard.

Well the updated “E” class AMG line has leather as standard but the “Night Edition” hasn’t , so the earlier bulletin was technically correct.

Update: My dealer is happy for my new C43 Estate to be registered in September based on a July build. Bonus for me is that according to the configurator, leather seats, privacy glass and black oak dash now seem to be standard.

The configurator is live, but price list won’t be live until next week

The configurator is live, but price list won’t be live until next week
Thanks for the update. Looking at the configurator it implies a reduction in price on the premium plus package, is this likely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom