What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's from a gun surely?......or that would be about 4 or five cans!!!

Impressive........I fine I need as much time wet sanding rattle can paint as I do priming and painting it!!

One 400ml rattle can of blue and 500ml lacquer from eBay, on the driveway with good weather. And found a sensible use for the Mail On Sunday as it’s called up here!
The Mail On Sunday? That wonderful piece of unbiased journalism? You did well finding any use for it at all! ;)

Drove one along one of my favourite roads, stopped for a wonderful dinner, turned around and came back the other way.

Put my new number plates on today.
And also tried to investigate a boost leak. No luck so far

Serviced Mrs. Saff's W246. Oil, oil filter, air filter and pollen filter. I nearly bust a rib on the sill getting under the dash. I have the diesel filter but need to buy some new clamps as they use the one-shot crushable type.

Changed the E class front upper wishbone ball joints to get rid of an irritating low knock noise . I “think” it has worked after a very short test drive .

Used my car as a guinea pig (yup)

The leather in X trail was adorned with supaguard when we got it (S/H) last year.
It's now wearing off, so tomorrow it gets a proper clean

@Alex225 uses the Dodo juice cleaner, so did mine this evening, plus sealant, and it does look and feel better.
Should see a marked difference in the Nissan

Changed the E class front upper wishbone ball joints to get rid of an irritating low knock noise . I “think” it has worked after a very short test drive .
Well my fix didn’t work , I’ve just pressed the “go” button on some new front shocks,springs,top mounts :)

Gave Mrs Alfaitalia's W169 a quick going over when the weather cooled down this evening...comes up well for an oldie......but it has only got about 70,000 miles on it.
The bad news is that when I was cleaning it I noticed the front right fog was smashed (the stone that did the deed was still inside it!)...The good news is that whilst ordering all the filters and oil for the service it's now due on eBay, I stumbled across a used one for £13 delivered....so could be worse. Hopefully their is enough space to replace it without removing the front bumper....I looks like there is.
IMG_20220731_202831_copy_2080x1560.jpg

IMG_20220731_202846_copy_2080x1560.jpg

IMG_20220731_202900_copy_2080x1560.jpg

Today I did a very similar journey - but with lighter traffic - in an ML 63 AMG PP (M157/W166) and it managed 20.4 MPG over 234 miles.

Gentle driving, no hard acceleration, but not economy driving. Just eeping up with traffic but as there was less traffic the speeds werre a little higher.
Today I forgot to fill-up I before leaving so I was a little more gentle with the accelerator - and avoided the brakes - but still nowhere near an economy run, to see if I could make it all the way home without refilling. The same ML 63 AMG PP (W166/M157) managed 22.2 MPG over the same 234 miles, which was fairly impressive.

Adjusted the CLK parking brake at the rear shoes (rather than under the seat ) . Bit of a faff as I always have difficulty remembering which side is up to tighten/loosen . Then when I change sides I’m getting it all wrong again .
Maybe I should write it down on a piece of paper next to each wheel. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom