What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It was an absolutely fantastic day for driving today, blue skie and all with the roof down:

✅ Morning: Dad & Daughter dash to McDonalds to collect breakfast to take home.

✅ Lunchtime: Mom & Dad trip to the Starbucks drive thru and extended route home.

✅ Afternoon: Dad & Daughter dash to the supermarket, to see us through another week.

✅ Evening: Dad & Lad trip to TGI Fridays to collect chicken to go with our salad (for dinner).

full
Great Feelgood post and awesome photo Rob. Thanks for sharing. 👍👏🙏

Blimey it’s been an expensive week. Most of our everyday cars are registered in early March, so all of the VED, MOT, service, and warranty extensions have all come together in the last week - two had new tyres too!

Today I’ve extended the warranty on my AMG GT C Roadster, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was £2,669 (paid up front) for 2 years, for a Mercedes-Benz extended warranty, albeit underwritten by Allianz.

That includes a discount for paying up front, put to put it in perspective, at £1,335 per annum that’s the same cost as it was for our W164 M156 ML 63 in 2012, and half that of our W164 M157 ML63 in 2017.

Don’t get me wrong £2,669 is a lot of money, but compared to similar cars it seems reasonable - a warranty from Audi for an R8 V10 is £4,100 for the closest equivalent - that’s for 1 year, paid up front.

One tip, don’t just go by what the online quote says. The online quote was almost exactly double of what I was given when calling. I had to call as the online quote didn’t initially find my registration number.

I hope that this information will be useful to others wishing to buy an extended warranty when their manufacturers warranty ends after the first three years. I suspect it would cost more if not continuous cover.

Blimey it’s been an expensive week. Most of our everyday cars are registered in early March, so all of the VED, MOT, service, and warranty extensions have all come together in the last week - two had new tyres too!

Today I’ve extended the warranty on my AMG GT C Roadster, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was £2,669 (paid up front) for 2 years, for a Mercedes-Benz extended warranty, albeit underwritten by Allianz.

That includes a discount for paying up front, put to put it in perspective, at £1,335 per annum that’s the same cost as it was for our W164 M156 ML 63 in 2012, and half that of our W164 M157 ML63 in 2017.

Don’t get me wrong £2,669 is a lot of money, but compared to similar cars it seems reasonable - a warranty from Audi for an R8 V10 is £4,100 for the closest equivalent - that’s for 1 year, paid up front.

One tip, don’t just go by what the online quote says. The online quote was almost exactly double of what I was given when calling. I had to call as the online quote didn’t initially find my registration number.

I hope that this information will be useful to others wishing to buy an extended warranty when their manufacturers warranty ends after the first three years. I suspect it would cost more if not continuous cover.
Love the pic of your GT C. 😎😎
Unfortunately for me my senior years and virtual retirement render me now unable (even offering my aged kidneys and testicles) to afford such a beauty. Sigh.

It was an absolutely fantastic day for driving today, blue skie and all with the roof down:

✅ Lunchtime: Mom & Dad trip to the Starbucks drive thru and extended route home.

✅ Afternoon: Dad & Daughter dash to the supermarket, to see us through another week.

✅ Evening: Dad & Lad trip to TGI Fridays to collect chicken to go with our salad (for dinner).

full
What a way to go for a TakeAway !!!

What a way to go for a TakeAway !!!
Any excuse to go out for a drive. It’s also what I use to Hinton the supermarket. I can even a week of grocery shopping in the boot - for a family of four too.

That car looks epic 👌what a motor if only ☹☹
Not sure whether you mean my GT C or one of the other cars in the thread. If so, then it’s a 557 PS 680 Nm “M178” 4.0 bi-turbo, with dry sump. 👍🏻

Dry sump............!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better put some oil in it then. Somebody please pass me my coat.................:rolleyes:

full
Beautiful car Bobby Dazzler. I didn't know you had one of those. Very lovely indeed

On Saturday I hand washed mine with the help of my son - that really sped the whole process up. Hope this is the start of something new.

Next on the list is getting the balljoint & suspension arm done. Then some alignment. It's starting to tramline a little so it may be that or it may be the fact that the fronts have been on for 3 years and are 2/3 worn.

I'll soon find out.

With roof stowed drove like I stole it (to clear the cobwebs & contribute to global warming & pollution you understand). First into a countryside picnic spot for consumption of petrol station take-away coffee & doughnuts. Then down to a seafront to sunbathe & listen to jazz singer Shirley Horn, utter heaven & of course the route was VERY local !!!! STAY AT HOME - who does that?

Fitted a Bluetooth module into my w209 clk. now my phone connects to it automatically and I can play my music from any Bluetooth device I have. Really a game changer in older cars
Hi. Bought the same car last week and has no Bluetooth. Could you please help with some advice on how to get it done? Cheers.

Hi. Bought the same car last week and has no Bluetooth. Could you please help with some advice on how to get it done? Cheers.
Hiya!
It is fairly easy. You need to get on amazon or ebay one of those Bluetooth adapters that connects into your AUX cable (supposed to be on the side wall inside the glovebox) and then run your radio in aux mode always
If you have no AUX cable fitted by factory, you can get a special cable and do it yourself but to be fair any audio cord will do, just need to find the right pins and connect to them
The place where you need to connect the missing aux cable is under the passenger kick plate. Is a square white plastic female connector

New member here, new Mercedes bought on Saturday.
This morning I opened the curtains and just looked at her and smiled. 🙂 🥰

I've got to pop into work this afternoon, and I only live a mile away so was going to walk. Decided I'm not and going to drive there! 🤣
Tha dizz reet lass .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom