What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fitted a Chrimbo present, not the easiest to fit, but updates the gearshift buttons on the back of the steering wheel to paddles. Considered silver but thought black more subtle.

101542478_313279683018533_8357895681003749376_n.jpg103177653_2307251762904886_7743853196061179904_n.jpg101945629_900310523808400_7455810399779353580_n.jpg

Didn’t they give you the Red-Amber-Green health check results showing things like the tyre tread depths and percentage brake wear? Every dealer I’ve ever used give me those with the service or repair invoice.

They did this after the MOT with no option to have things rectified before the MOT.
Granted by the dates I indicated the once superb dealership had been bought by Arnold and most of the decent staff bailed.

Main dealer charged us for 2 x Pollen filter and never changed it at all.
Ha ha I remember a Harley Davidson dealer charging for engine air filter replacement when it had a K&N element installed on a Buell motorcycle I had some years ago. It's not just Mercedes ;)

Got there in the end; winter deep clean & treatment finally finished.

Previously I'd cleaned the wheels cleaned with Autoglym Clean Wheels & Autglym Shampoo. Them treated the wheels dressed with Poorboys Wax and the tyres with Autoglym Tyre Gel.

Yesterday I washed the bodywork with Aytoglym Shampoo then decontaminated it with Autglym Magma. Finished off the paintwork with Turtlewax Ceramic Polish and the glass with Aytoglym Fast Glass.

Just returned having spent the New Tear at Goodwood. The 200 mile return trip was a pleasure, and we even managed 20.8 mpg, having achieved only 19.5 mpg on the way down there. Strange as it’s uphill travelling North 😁

Had a nice little weather window so fitted new coil packs to the E55, really enjoyed getting on the tools again.

Got there in the end; winter deep clean & treatment finally finished.

Previously I'd cleaned the wheels cleaned with Autoglym Clean Wheels & Autglym Shampoo. Them treated the wheels dressed with Poorboys Wax and the tyres with Autoglym Tyre Gel.

Yesterday I washed the bodywork with Aytoglym Shampoo then decontaminated it with Autglym Magma. Finished off the paintwork with Turtlewax Ceramic Polish and the glass with Aytoglym Fast Glass.

Forgot to mention that I also clay barred the wheels. Here's how it ended up.

E500.jpg

A bit of fun/chance to share, and shamelessly plagiarised from the other side (currently running a c4000 posts).
If it's been done before, I couldn't find it.

Can it survive thread assassination on this side - who knows :dk:.

I'll begin:

Dropped it off for an A service/rear washer jet replacement.
I'm still annoyed no one at Merc will tell me why my GLC park assist won't work.

Took one for a good drive today. Ended up at Caffeine & Machine - where it was I usually quiet - so we carried on and got caught it a huge tailback on the M40! A beautiful day for a drive though.

Went from this

IMG_0839A.jpg

to this:

IMG_0929.JPG

Reason - needed two rear tyres and fitter noticed cracks in the alloys.

Had them repaired but, whilst the 19-inch set looks nice, the 16-inch Merc set provide better ride comfort without the worry of a pothole causing the weld to crack again.

Understand that the larger AMG alloys (and those of another German marque) can suffer from the same problem?

If the rears didn't need replacing, could have been driving around, carrying the family, etc., in blissful ignorance - scary thought

Had the SLK out today for the first time probably since November - needed both cars as had to take the S204 back to Arrowfleet Mainenance for another screenwash pump replacement as the cheapie I bought late September and they installed early October was leaking - looks like an internal seal on the pump had given up! Buy cheap (about £7 from Ebay) buy twice!! Research showed original fitment was Febi Bilstein, so car now has one of those from Amazon - as a Prime member it was cheaper there than anywhere else, less than £15 delivered! SLK now back in her garage hiding from frost etc, next time out could be end of the month when S204 has to go back for repair of the roof paintwork, respray done Feb 2020 and already failed (roughly 10" x 6" oval area of lifted clearcoat/paint!!) so that's getting fixed by same bodyshop (very apologetic) and microblistered rear passenger door also getting fixed.

Realised I hadn't been out in or started the E250 since around a week before Christmas.

Started it, took it for a run, put some fuel in and went places just for the sake of it.

De-badged the EQC. Prefer the much cleaner look and especially from a detailing perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom