• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

What irritates you about motorbikers?

I understand that ad hominem isn't the right way to go about it but it wasn't like he was refuting my points so not a true discussion using critical thinking!

Plus I'm ****ing knackered so short of patience haha

Unfortunately your points were baseless and simply based on an opinion, (and a seemingly ignorant one at that), as an opinion I disagree, however my opinion is based on experience and at least to a degree therefore fact.

I see no point in critical thinking when arguing with an opinion.....

ATB

Unfortunately your points were baseless and simply based on an opinion, (and a seemingly ignorant one at that), as an opinion I disagree, however my opinion is based on experience and at least to a degree therefore fact.

I see no point in critical thinking when arguing with an opinion.....

ATB

Yet, you do not think a biker is a vulnerable road user. Unlike a car where a simple mistake between cars results in a dent or two in vehicle and pride...the same small mistake could end in death for the biker. Maybe not his fault...but dead is dead.

Yet, you do not think a biker is a vulnerable road user. Unlike a car where a simple mistake between cars results in a dent or two in vehicle and pride...the same small mistake could end in death for the biker. Maybe not his fault...but dead is dead.

I don't think I said a motorcyclist was NOT a vulnerable road user, what I said or if I'm wrong what I meant was why was it he or she needs to feel vulnerable..

I have been riding since my teens .....now well into my fifties and still riding. I have owned and ridden both Italian and Jap sports bikes and big Harley V twins, which btw the sedate style of which pleases me much more these days. I have lost several friends and even more acquaintances down the years, it often frustrates me when I read something like the post at 12.11, but then I suppose its reasonable he likes "good riders".

So 40 odd years two wheel experience, I reckon I could write a chapter on vulnerability but I believe motorcycle awareness is a more important aspect to consider.

Now its a nice sunny day so Im going to put on my trainers, shorts and tee shirt, jump on my bike and go see how many other motorists I can wind up..:wallbash:

ATB

I think SLKGirl should repost the photos of her on her bike.

Much better than hairy ****d blokes grizzling :thumb:.

I think SLKGirl should repost the photos of her on her bike.

Much better than hairy ****d blokes grizzling :thumb:.

Just for you John ;)

Attachments

• bike3.jpg
    bike3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Bike4.jpg
    Bike4.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Bike5.jpg
    Bike5.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 44
Now play nicely please! ;)

Attachments

• bike7.jpg
    bike7.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Whilst I appreciate the pictures of women in leather Ted, can you post up some pics of that Mini (new thread no doubt so we don't upset the fly catchers)

On the topic, what annoys me about bikers?
- the comradery and respect between them on the road. If car drivers even showed 10% of this nature the roads would be a much better place. Except for the knobs who try and race you (when I am in a car) and pull 100yd wheelies on the M25.

S

I'n afraid that mini was one of daughter no1's projects - a mini roadster, and is now long gone.
Very nicely done - two seater and the back part of the roof as a complete rear deck.

She had a few specials.

Perhaps the animosity is basically down to the laws of physics. Two different modes of vehicular transport for taking you from A to B ----- BUT then after that common purpose-- the differences.
Big difference in performance profile--- bike either too fast or too slow in comparison to a car.
Big difference in size---- bikes can go where a car can't.
Big difference in safety in the event of a collision.
These are quantifiable physical differences independant of rider/driver.
What would be interesting is whether these physical differences translate into a quantifiable difference in the psychological profile of bike riders and car drivers. Their attitude to risk in general being the obvious one but there may well be others? In other words is this a subliminal self selection process into two groups of very different character types. If so its almost certain on occasions to lead to the animosity evinced by this thread. :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom