What sort of people drive a Merc ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
zygote,start that poll-that CLS is vile.i dont like the way the window line on modern mercs slope down towards the rear-it looks like the back end has melted!

Originally posted by Big Ed
Nice combination of cars!!

Think I've seen your 500E around the Land of the Concrete Cows (either that or it was someone elses grey J-plate 500E doing 90 past Willen Lake!!)....nice motor!

LOL! That was me. Were you in your M3 behind me ? I saw you and nailed it. Had to let you past though as my brakes were a bit low and I wasnt sure about the roundabout ahead as I was 4 up and a bootful of luggage!

Ive got a c class sport (c250td) , IM 30 years old and , still into the free party scene (although prob too old) , been stopped 3 times since getting car by police who once went over my car with sniffer dogs !! Guess they think "Merc, 3 0'clock in morning, in the vicinity of free parties" Prime suspect for drug dealer. That kind of bothers me when you get categorised like that.

Originally posted by BrianDrought
LOL! That was me. Were you in your M3 behind me ? I saw you and nailed it. Had to let you past though as my brakes were a bit low and I wasnt sure about the roundabout ahead as I was 4 up and a bootful of luggage!

Certainly was mate!!! Was running a bit late on my way to watch the British Grand Prix at my brother-in-laws house in Wellingborough, so was making fairly rapid progress. As I saw you I was already being given a stern talking to by my wife about not actually being part of the race......

Was still running the car in at the time, so had to shift about 2500rpm early, but still noticed yours wasn't too slow!!

Maybe see you around again sometime when neither of us is playing taxi...:rock:

hehe.... I'm under no illusions about M3's performance over a 500E.

Still, it's not bad for an old barge.

(I think if we started at about 100mph then it might have been different!)

Bri

Brian,

Great car! My old man works for Merc in Australia, and once I'd arrived in the UK he gave me specific instructions to acquire a 500E. So far I've only managed the 190e 2.6 (which was 2nd on the list).....

Got any tips, tricks, urls, etc. about what to look for when chasing down one of these beasts? How's the petrol consumption and insurance situation?

Originally posted by BrianDrought
hehe.... I'm under no illusions about M3's performance over a 500E.

Still, it's not bad for an old barge.

(I think if we started at about 100mph then it might have been different!)

Bri

It least your car isn't quite as common - when I saw your 500E I started jabbering away to my wife about how rare they were and that they had a bl**dy great 5 litre engine under the bonnet - she told me to shut up and stop being so sad!!

Think you might have an unfair advantage over 100 - my limiter stops play at 155mph (apparently an unrestricted M3 was tested up to about 180mph by BMW though.....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom