What sort of people drive a Merc ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Inland Revenue?

I'm 32
Married - DINKY (Double Income No Kids Yet)
Guess what!! IT Again
Money?? still can't afford to have SL55

Agreed with scotth_uk that we can pool our skills together and do some stuffs.
I'm in business software development basically mainly...boring stuffs.

Cheers
Eric
:D :bannana:

I do desktop support of almost everything things on most platforms.

Windows 3.1 - windows xp

Apple Os 7.5 - os X.xx

Generally the guy who's phone starts ringing off the hook when a virus hits :rolleyes:

Fuzzer Wrote

Generally the guy who's phone starts ringing off the hook when a virus hits

...You musta been in hiding over the last fortnight then....we're only now managing to get to grips with it, Still finding unpatched servers hidden in broom cupboards wreaking havoc on the WAN that no-one claimed to know anything about tho. :mad:

For us, this last outbreak has been by far the worst we had ever experienced. Brought down Cisco switches and whole frame relay links collapsed etc.

Originally posted by Maff
Edited to include my qualifications:

None!

(got a D in A-Level computing, and failed to finish Engineering course at college) I did go on a Lotus Notes course once, does that count??!

So I take it you never got the hang of these computer things then :p .

As for me well Im married (just :( ), 35, got 3 kids (5,6+9) and work at London Victoria stn, managing the train crews, Im the one picking up the pieces when the sh*t hits!!!!

I always wanted a MB so when my brother got his S-Class I purchased his old car.

Divorced but living with new partner
step father to 2 kids
Dog
Hamster
2 (at the moment)Giant african Landsnails

3D illustrator, animator, artist and semi retired Session musician.

£ just enough - I work to live these days.

Andy

Originally posted by Paul
...work at London Victoria stn, managing the train crews, Im the one picking up the pieces when the sh*t hits!!!!

You must have been picking up alot of pieces tonight what with the power cut across central London ;) That's alot of sh*t and alot of fans :crazy:

S.

Originally posted by Sp!ke
Fuzzer Wrote
...You musta been in hiding over the last fortnight then....we're only now managing to get to grips with it, Still finding unpatched servers hidden in broom cupboards wreaking havoc on the WAN that no-one claimed to know anything about tho. :mad:

For us, this last outbreak has been by far the worst we had ever experienced. Brought down Cisco switches and whole frame relay links collapsed etc.

I wish i had a pound for every machine i patched arghhhh, not couting taking them above sp3 on win2k as well to patch them:mad: .

Still getting them coming in , suppose its keeping me busy.

Advice for everyone is to keep everything up to date and patched :) inc your antivirus.

Last edited:
Originally posted by fuzzer
Advice for everyone is to keep everything up to date and patched :) inc your antivirus.

Or ditch the second rate operating systems and move to Unix :)

--
Antony

Originally posted by manpolsabre
Sorry Sym and Richard - both wrong

Bob
I suspect you might be a police officer in Manchester, with a dog called Sabre.

Simon,

What a guess:p

Sabre was my first and best dog who died some years ago. All M/cr Police dogs are called Manpol (Manchester Police) and then the dogs name.

I think I'm the only one not in IT

Bob

I once had an hamster called eric. I am not in IT by the way, I am a self employed commercial refrigeration and air conditioning engineer, I am self taught how to use a PC only because I need one for my business. All you people with qualifications make me envious, I left school with............nothing ! I started my own business in 1998 and have not looked back since. I have taken advantage of night college to get an electrical qualification and I have taken 4 guitar courses as well and next month I may sign up for a basic web design course so I can maintain my own site which I use for business www.a1cooling.co.uk instead of paying another company.

So now Bob's secret is out. Bob, I said nothing (Barcelona accent)

So now all you speed boys, watch it, we are being monitored !! Pity Road Angels dont work on threads (as in 160 mph on a public highway). Having said that I can personally vouch for him, nice guy and not your usuall plod. (no offence intended)

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
You must have been picking up alot of pieces tonight what with the power cut across central London ;) That's alot of sh*t and alot of fans :crazy:

S.

I must be a very lucky chappie, all week I have been late's, but last night was the first day of my week of rest days.

So I had to spare a thought for my collegue :p :p as I sat supping a beer.

Originally posted by manpolsabre
Dont worry, dog handlers are as different to Traffic men as chalk and cheese.

Bob

Yes they have more "Bite" when they arrest you.:D :D :D LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom