• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

You goto to Love MB car heaters and I lOVE that REST function it was 5 C tonight ....

PaulE230

and I was soooo warm.
The last few years I have driven a Punto and the heater never seemed to get quite hot enough, same with a lot of smaller cars I have driven, even though it was operating properly you never felt really warm.

As for the REST function that is fantastic (apart from when I forget to press it)

Last edited:
and I was soooo warm.
The last few years I have driven a Punto and the heater never seemed to get quite hot enough, same with a lot of smaller cars I have driven, even though it was operating properly you never felt really warm.

As for the REST function that is fantastic (apart from when I forget to press it)

Read the manual, but still don't get the REST function :confused:

I think you are joking ?

If not........

When you are about to park up for around 10- 45 mins and its a cold day just before you get out of the car (and you have turned off the ignition)
press the REST button

Then the car interior is heated and you return to a warm car :bannana:

Oooh, I have I got one in the 04 W163 ML?

I had that in my W210... miss it and have to make do with heated seats ....:D

I had that in my W210... miss it and have to make do with heated seats ....:D

I like heated seats I had them years ago on a omega

I like the way they heat up before the heater

I cant understand why Auxillary heating has never really caught on
I think it would be great to be able to pre heat the car

Read the car manual, not the one from the microwave :devil: :D.

Seriously, there should be a "REST" button on your climate control. When the car has been turned off, pressing REST restarts the ventilation system, running of residual heat and keeping the car warm inside for a short while, up to about 20 minutes.

CCRight.jpg

REST function appears to be market dependent. I read from the US manual that they don't have it while Canadian cars do. I've always had it on my Euro cars.

Attached the buttons on a Thermatic and a 4-zone system.

Last edited:
So the W211 has a electric heater booster ?

How does that work I suppose it kicks in as soon as the car has started

is it effective ?

So the W211 has a electric heater booster ?

How does that work I suppose it kicks in as soon as the car has started

is it effective ?

Yes, it is effectve. It works off the residual engine heat, and an auxiliary water pump keeps hot water running through the heater, and the heater gently blows warm air into the car.

Yes, it is effectve. It works off the residual engine heat, and an auxiliary water pump keeps hot water running through the heater, and the heater gently blows warm air into the car.

I need that in my life !!!

I wonder if my w210 has this as its digital climate control
Its almost always set to E/C on at this time of year (apart from 10 mins a week to lubricate the A/C system)

On the w211 it looks like when ec is engaged this turns this fuction off
So I wonder if this also applies to my w210 ? probably not

I always thought REST was only fitted to cars with diesel engines?

It is a great feature though. I used it yesterday whilst Mrs D popped in to Waitrose. When she emerged, Doggie D, Baby D and me were fast asleep with the heat from REST. Not kidding either.

PS Another great feature I only found last week was...

If a door isn't quite closed, but you press the lock button on your remote, then the indicators refuse to flash. Clever.

PS Another great feature I only found last week was...

If a door isn't quite closed, but you press the lock button on your remote, then the indicators refuse to flash. Clever.

WOW..... I also discovered if I don't put the key in the ignition the car wont start............:D

Heater???? F-R-O-S-T, S-N-O-W :)

Great forum for learning new words. :) The palm leaves are swaying in the mild breeze and I still have my patio doors open listening to the birds singing. Heaters and REST settings seem a whole world away.

Regards
John from sunny Torquay (it's a bit overcast at the moment)

2 Winters ago in my old W202 my heater died, often I had trips up to my folks with ice on the dashboard it was so cold.

I had the rest function on my old 5-series. Never quite worked out the true value of it- I was thinking of old gimmers having picnics in car rather than the sheer luxury of returning to a warm car! D'Oh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom