• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

You goto to Love MB car heaters and I lOVE that REST function it was 5 C tonight ....

So the W211 has a electric heater booster ?

How does that work I suppose it kicks in as soon as the car has started

is it effective ?

Very. Imagine a small electric fan heater, because that is what it is. Eats current though and adds to battery drain issues if you only do short journeys in cold weather.

The REST function is very useful in summer as well. No heating effect if the internal temperature is above that set on the controls, just blows external air through the car. Get a bit of residual cooling off the A/C matrix for a little while so will not keep the temperature down much but is better than nothing.

REST function sounds interesting, but I can't see me parting with cash to get it. As for heated seats, spent an hour in a rented Renault Vel Satis with the damn things on and I never did find out how to switch them off.. They are also great for playing games like 'switch your partners heated set on and see how long it takes them to notice' Wife got me 7-2 on one journey

Read the car manual, not the one from the microwave :devil: :D.

Seriously, there should be a "REST" button on your climate control. When the car has been turned off, pressing REST restarts the ventilation system, running of residual heat and keeping the car warm inside for a short while, up to about 20 minutes.

My car has a microwave? Wow! :eek:

WOW..... I also discovered if I don't put the key in the ignition the car wont start............:D

I think we should all aspire to be as perfect as you are.....:D :rolleyes: ;)

Ah, but on mine the doors close themselves :p ;).

Even cleverer then.

I'm sure my wife would say 'Ah, but on mine the hazards won't flash to tell me that the doors aren't quite closed ...when It's half way up a mountain' :p ;)

Last edited:
I have the rest function on my 203 180K.

So petrol cars DO have it and it is only available with digital climate on the 203, i.e. Thermotronic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom