129 alloy or alloys desperately required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
1991 sl300-24 project,s124 280,w115 no interior, w108 project no engine
HI all

Got a bit of a problem. I put my Carlssons in for refurb, he's stacked out with work and could be 3-4 weeks, I dont want to take them back as I will lose my place in his diary, he's that busy. Didnt plan things too well as I need to do other jobs on that and the various other cars lying about so one in the garage on stands is a no no. I hit on the brilliant idea of sticking my for-sale AMGs on off the s430. The backs are on but very close to the dampers, which is ok for shunting about. The fronts though are tight on the dampers so no go. I have an old 8 hole 16 inch which is on the front now, but nothing else.
Anyone have a wheel/cheap set of wheels I can stick on for the minute? Desperate here...
Cheers

John

Hi there, I dont know if its of any use but i have the four steel rims (no tyres) off my w124 which you are welcome to have if it helps.

andy

thanks andy but for the purpose i need tyres too

John, these guy's Rimstockplc are fab.

They'll refurb your wheels in around a week (depending on the finish, diamond cutting takes a little longer) and offer slave wheels for £10 per wheel. You'll be surprised at the finish they produce and how cheap they are. If you do the deal by mail order the carriage charge is £20 for four wheels each way.

If you are ever in the West Brom area take a trip to their production plants. You WILL be gobsmacked at the size/slickness of the operation.

They refurbish 4000 - 5000 wheels.... Per Day! Yes, per day!

HTH.

Paul.

Not sure how far you are from me, I am by Isleworth which is next to Kingston.
Have got a 8 hole with tyre you are welcome to use if you can collect it and should fit your 129 perfectly as its off my 500.

just a note to say thanks to pupsi for helping out, i will be shunting the car out of the garage tomorrow, thanks to him - cheers chap, top member

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom