C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeo i have found that AC can have a big imoact on the battery.. Have used the Garmin sat nav but not sure if its making a difference on the mpg but will set things to eco and give it a go this morning.. My big problem is getting somewhere to charge it in work.. I work as a psychiatric nurse and work in different units during the week so not always a plug to connect to (as in somewhere safe, cant have the patients falling over the cable) so hence the interest in the motorway charging...
My biggest problem is a nice stretch of road that winds through the hills tgat just begs the car to be put into sports+ mode and driven like it was born to do...[emoji6].. Car is an absolute pleasure.. Sports mode = low mpg[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

The pre entry climate control via key hasn't worked for a couple of weeks now and looking at the menu in the car, it's not even there anymore. Only the departure time one is. I'm aware that this doesn't work after unlocking the car and not starting it, but this is first thing in the morning on a full battery that it doesn't work.

Any ideas why this has suddenly gone and how to get it back?

Anybody?

I suggest that you check on the Mercedes Me website to see that the relevant Service associated with this feature has not expired or otherwise got suspended/deactivated.

I suggest that you check on the Mercedes Me website to see that the relevant Service associated with this feature has not expired or otherwise got suspended/deactivated.
Thanks for the response markjay.

Is 'Pre Entry Climate Control via Key' a chargeable service? I am aware that the 'depart time' is but didn't think 'via key' was.

Thanks for the response markjay.

Is 'Pre Entry Climate Control via Key' a chargeable service? I am aware that the 'depart time' is but didn't think 'via key' was.

I don't know... but is it currently showing as 'activated'?

I don't know... but is it currently showing as 'activated'?
Hi.. No i dont think it's a paid service for the key but it is for an add on from the app.. Have your tried resetting all settings from the dash service menu, i woukd think this would be the last option I would try tbh..

Hi.. Is the route based operating strategy on (fuel savings based on map routes) only available with comand online or is it on the Garmin Pilot on the Audio 20 system [emoji848]

Hi.. Is the route based operating strategy on (fuel savings based on map routes) only available with comand online or is it on the Garmin Pilot on the Audio 20 system [emoji848]

The documentation claims it’s a COMAND-only feature. I’m puzzled by the charging behaviour in my car fitted with Garmin and Audio 20. It appears to be route-aware.

Yep thats why i thought it was in the Audio 20.. Found a flyer online saying that its comand online but wasn't sure base on how mine preforms
c3ec52f22056b34403128f85585daeb1.jpg

I've not seen that online flyer, cheers! My Command based system doe's exactly that, the engine has to be in economy setting though (I think) for it to work. For those with the Garmn Audio 20 system, I suggest putting the engine in economy mode, set a destination and then scroll through the drive information display to the battery screen. If you get the green halo in front of the car graphic hey presto, the car is definitely doing some battery management. :) putting the engine into a different state, e.g. Sport the halo disappears, because it's no longer 'optimising' battery usage.

I've not seen that online flyer, cheers! My Command based system doe's exactly that, the engine has to be in economy setting though (I think) for it to work. For those with the Garmn Audio 20 system, I suggest putting the engine in economy mode, set a destination and then scroll through the drive information display to the battery screen. If you get the green halo in front of the car graphic hey presto, the car is definitely doing some battery management. :) putting the engine into a different state, e.g. Sport the halo disappears, because it's no longer 'optimising' battery usage.
Hi Goldngin.. Maybe if its safe.. Could you post a pic of that when its on your screen.. Tks

Anyone a part number for these chrome bits on the lower mock air intakes on the front bumper. Have looker at others on thebinternet but they look too big to fit for the sports bumper on the c350e
e8e6386d9c38f0109a057fb55e0227b9.jpg

Thanks to a short commute and city living I'm now averaging over 99.9mpg over 2000 miles. Pretty good going but I was wondering if there is anywhere the mpg is recorded above 99.9? The app and screen on the car both appear top out at that.

Thanks to a short commute and city living I'm now averaging over 99.9mpg over 2000 miles. Pretty good going but I was wondering if there is anywhere the mpg is recorded above 99.9? The app and screen on the car both appear top out at that.

I haven't found anywhere. You could try converting the app to different units and see if that gives you more information.

I haven't found anywhere. You could try converting the app to different units and see if that gives you more information.

Originally, the web app displayed economy values over 100mpg, but it was “upgraded”. I’ve just been onto it to check and literally nothing in the Mercedes Me portal works for me - all the screens are blank.

Your suggestion is the only one I can think of that might work.

Front wheel tracking ...
SWMBO noticed that the outer part of the front tyres was slightly "scrubbed" so I had the tracking checked. I was surprised to be told that the total error was 9 degrees, which explains the slightly light steering feel - the steering feel is much better now. Obviously this isn't unique to the C350 but I thought it was worth a heads-up. FWIW my car is 2017 with about 25k miles, no accidents and no major arguments with potholes.

As an aside, why should tracking change? The track rods don't bend and the track rod ends don't adjust themselves or jump threads, so what moves?

Originally, the web app displayed economy values over 100mpg, but it was “upgraded”. I’ve just been onto it to check and literally nothing in the Mercedes Me portal works for me - all the screens are blank.

Your suggestion is the only one I can think of that might work.

I’m not going mad then! I was sure I saw it say 135mpg when I first had the car!

Front wheel tracking ...
SWMBO noticed that the outer part of the front tyres was slightly "scrubbed" so I had the tracking checked. I was surprised to be told that the total error was 9 degrees, which explains the slightly light steering feel - the steering feel is much better now. Obviously this isn't unique to the C350 but I thought it was worth a heads-up. FWIW my car is 2017 with about 25k miles, no accidents and no major arguments with potholes.

As an aside, why should tracking change? The track rods don't bend and the track rod ends don't adjust themselves or jump threads, so what moves?

My tracking was out when I bought mine (2nd hand). Maybe they are susceptible to it for some reason.

I’m not going mad then! I was sure I saw it say 135mpg when I first had the car!

I seem to recall the iPhone app went through working/not working/working a few times before finally settling on not working and limiting at 99.9. Not sure why I wasted the time, but I even contacted the devs via the app and requested they reinstate it. Can only assume so few of the marque are ever going to achieve over 100 they don’t bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom