C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quonker - if you go to ConnectMe at

https://me.secure.mercedes-benz.com...S6bG-lgWnyB1rO8!/dl5/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

Register and set up a new car and after that you will need to paste in the VIN - when you do that you'll see the basic spec of your car. When you collect your car, as you have already set up your account the dealer will just have to log on and authenticate - I had most of the 'services' when I drove the car home.

Cheers Wivenhoe, was wondering how to do this :)

If you are on a long run and 'traffic' tells you that there is congestion ahead then if you charge using the engine then this will improve consumption - yesterday I knew there was miles of standing traffic on the M25 so whilst on the M4 I got the car to charge to 10 miles range. When I was 'charging' the consumption went down from 46mpg to 40mpg but when I crawled for an hour I didn't consume any petrol. After crawling for an hour I still achieved 46 mpg which my CLS 350CDI wouldn't have achieved

wivenhoe said:
Joe - In order to get the grant towards the charger I had to have a separate meter installed just for the home charger and it sends the data back (via O2) of my usage to the government. The user could provide photos of the meter at month end and use the kw's consumed to claim the costs

If I need a meter to get the grant then so be it, although so far no mention of this has been made by leaseplan either for my vehicle or any of the other plug in cars on our fleet.

If I need a meter to get the grant then so be it, although so far no mention of this has been made by leaseplan either for my vehicle or any of the other plug in cars on our fleet.

I've got the invoice from the dealer now, it shows the government grant has been deducted and i've not had my home charger installed yet or signed any paperwork for it.

It was never mentioned that it was a condition.

I've got the invoice from the dealer now, it shows the government grant has been deducted and i've not had my home charger installed yet or signed any paperwork for it.

It was never mentioned that it was a condition.

Quonker. Different grants. There is the £5k grant off the car price and a separate grant against the cost of a charger. Your installer can claim 75% of the installation costs up to £ 700 - that's why you see quotes of about £ 185 installation - the real cost is nearer £ 800. You only pay the discounted price. To get the grant I had to sign to allow them to fit a meter which confirms usage and sends data back to the government.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...charge-scheme-guidance-for-customers-2015.pdf

Quonker. Different grants. There is the £5k grant off the car price and a separate grant against the cost of a charger. Your installer can claim 75% of the installation costs up to £ 700 - that's why you see quotes of about £ 185 installation - the real cost is nearer £ 800. You only pay the discounted price. To get the grant I had to sign to allow them to fit a meter which confirms usage and sends data back to the government.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...charge-scheme-guidance-for-customers-2015.pdf

OK, that makes sense. We are talking about different grants, I was just looking at the £5k towards the purchase of the vehicle.

Depending on my company policy on expenses for PHEV and the availability of the government grant for the home charger socket I may get this, but as my 350e order has only just been sent I am probably several months of this decision point given the lead time.

Ive ordered mine back in April 2015 and looking at delivery dates of first week or January 2016! Long wait, and the things I'm reading about it I'm starting to doubt the car. I mean Mercedes claimed around 134MPG, by all means I wasn't expecting this range maybe 60 to 80 MPG would be good. I mean I'm reading posts which are saying its around 40MPG and when driven hard its a lot less, to be far if this is what its giving I could have got a C220 or a C250. And I would have got that for September delivery easy, oh well lets see what happens. Any one in the UK got theirs yet? As i spoke to a dealer and he said that some people will get delivery for October, dunno why my wait is so long as it's not as if I only recently ordered :/

Ive ordered mine back in April 2015 and looking at delivery dates of first week or January 2016! Long wait, and the things I'm reading about it I'm starting to doubt the car. I mean Mercedes claimed around 134MPG, by all means I wasn't expecting this range maybe 60 to 80 MPG would be good. I mean I'm reading posts which are saying its around 40MPG and when driven hard its a lot less, to be far if this is what its giving I could have got a C220 or a C250. And I would have got that for September delivery easy, oh well lets see what happens. Any one in the UK got theirs yet? As i spoke to a dealer and he said that some people will get delivery for October, dunno why my wait is so long as it's not as if I only recently ordered :/

If you check out the other thread "C350e anyone considering one?" you will see that a number of us have taken delivery, interestingly mine was ordered in April and delivered last week.
I wonder if your car is a corporate sale ?
As for the fuel consumption figures reported that have alarmed you I would say that it is far too soon to determine what is achievable. I can say that I haven't yet learnt to operate all the extras on my car, haven't plugged it in yet even !
We have read that some owners plan never to plug the car in at anytime because they are so thrilled with the BIK charge that any further savings possible from fuel consumption is simply of no interest.
Not my position I hasten to add, I am waiting for the electrician to call today to arrange a socket etc.

We have read that some owners plan never to plug the car in at anytime because they are so thrilled with the BIK charge that any further savings possible from fuel consumption is simply of no interest.
Not my position I hasten to add, I am waiting for the electrician to call today to arrange a socket etc.

You slightly misunderstand the reason for not plugging in.

If you have a fuel card you pay tax at a fixed rate based on the CO2 output of the car. As my employer picks up the actual fuel costs, I selfishly do not really care if the car does 35 mpg or 70mpg as it doesn't hit my pocket - therefore why pay for electricity at home.

If you have a fuel card you pay tax at a fixed rate based on the CO2 output of the car. As my employer picks up the actual fuel costs, I selfishly do not really care if the car does 35 mpg or 70mpg as it doesn't hit my pocket - therefore why pay for electricity at home.

I understand. However, it seems that I am correct in thinking that you would not be the best person to report the mpg figures for a 350e then :D

Because you want to save the planet? :)

Seriously as the saving I would achieve are so good compared with my current vehicle I have no objection to charging at home, I'll be approximately £250 a month better off in terms of tax saving.

As i've asked for the C350e I also don't want to take liberties and leave my company picking up a much larger fuel bill.

As the fuel tank is so small, only 50 litres, I also wouldn't like to be filling it up every day!

I understand. However, it seems that I am correct in thinking that you would not be the best person to report the mpg figures for a 350e then :D

You are quite right their...

However by the time mine is delivered I suspect the MPG news will be well known.

You are quite right their...

However by the time mine is delivered I suspect the MPG news will be well known.

Last estimate that I read was that the new Euro testing regime wouldn't take effect till around 2017.

Clearly things need to change as the current testing regime is farcical.

Because you want to save the planet? :)

Seriously as the saving I would achieve are so good compared with my current vehicle I have no objection to charging at home, I'll be approximately £250 a month better off in terms of tax saving.

As i've asked for the C350e I also don't want to take liberties and leave my company picking up a much larger fuel bill.

As the fuel tank is so small, only 50 litres, I also wouldn't like to be filling it up every day!

This may sound callus about the not plugging in at home to save my company money, however I reckon the fuel bill will be similar to my current E250 and much better than the Q5 TFSI that I had a while ago.

Hi, anyone got a pic of the storage spaces open to see what they are like inside space-wise?
I'm mainly interested in the centre console armrest and the centre console front panel. Thanks.

How long did it take for the NHS fleet people on here to get there build date ??

How long did it take for the NHS fleet people on here to get there build date ??

Ordered May and from an email on September 15th where the dealer had responded to a query via fleet solutions on my behalf and decided to kindly throw in the build date. Originally fleet solutions said they would not be able to get me this type of detailed information.

Now covered 1,200 miles and by recharging each evening (standard outdoor socket only takes 2 hours) average mpg now up to 65.

Now covered 1,200 miles and by recharging each evening (standard outdoor socket only takes 2 hours) average mpg now up to 65.

You are getting there :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom