C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fuse box down left side kick panel put a cigar lighter socket in that fuse box on ignition feed, just watch what fuse u use as merc use silver coated fuses and must not use anything else cigar lighter sockets can be got easy enough on ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bought a brand new rolec unit on eBay for £160 and got fitted myself to get one fitted under grant it was going to be £270 and they wanted me to change my consumer unit for another £100 in the garage when there was no need

14cb034774ad75703d327e9c228970fc.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a brand new rolec unit on eBay for £160 and got fitted myself to get one fitted under grant it was going to be £270 and they wanted me to change my consumer unit for another £100 in the garage when there was no need

14cb034774ad75703d327e9c228970fc.jpg

I went down the same route and bought a Rolec charger for a similar price from Rolec. An electrician ran a new cable from the consumer unit to the front door, I don't have off Street parking, for £100.

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

Last edited:
Travelling back south from Warwick Castle a lorry threw a big stone up that hit the screen while i was doing 70, big chip with cracks in all direction which have gotten bigger.

Booked Autoglass for today but they don't have stock of the screen so got to wait a week.

This is the first car when i wonder about the replacement quality and whether it will have the signature on it!

I was impressed how well it held up. My 8th Gen Civic took a smaller stone at 40 and crackled all the way across the drivers side in just a few minutes after the initial hit.
I have had my windscreen replaced - it had to go to Autoglass for a day so they could calibrate everything - they cannot do it by the side of the road apparently - took 4-5 days to book in.

Sadly no signature on the new one but quality seems the same

I have had my windscreen replaced - it had to go to Autoglass for a day so they could calibrate everything - they cannot do it by the side of the road apparently - took 4-5 days to book in.

Hi

Have you noticed any damage to the cover of the pillars inside the vehicle or rattling noise indicating loosened plastic bits somewhere?

Thanks,

M

I made a fuss and said I wanted an MB one, all ok insurance company are fine with it they just don't offer it by default. Also was just as quick!

Booked into a Guildford place next week, gonna take 2.5 hours, they have no waiting room and it's miles from the town centre....

Jamie

That will be the cable age I presume you are referring to :)

Thanks for that, I might pop in to the dealer and if it is as you suggest they may test it and order a replacement there and then.
Interested to know why you think it is a candidate, do they degrade over time ?

P. S. Just realised you clearly stated the asssmbly and I think that I may have wrongly applied that to the cable when probably you are referring to the socket ?

Sorry, yes, age of vehicle, not owner ;). Dodgy has covered it, but my understanding is that the cable/socket is a complete assembly that should(!) be watertight.

I think you should be able to just ring your dealer, give them your VIN and get them to check for you. My dealer did anyway. Seems mine is new enough not to have that particular problem being a July 2016 build.

I must confess though that I haven't seen any detailed images of the socket, so it is possible that the charge and lock indicator LEDs are part of the surround and not part of the cable assembly. Either way, I'd argue it's under warranty for 6 years anyway as part of the electric drive system.

Please do let us know how you get on.

I made a fuss and said I wanted an MB one, all ok insurance company are fine with it they just don't offer it by default. Also was just as quick!

Booked into a Guildford place next week, gonna take 2.5 hours, they have no waiting room and it's miles from the town centre....

Jamie

Some advice derived from experience:

- The plastic cover assembly around the mirror and the sensors/ camera(s) can become brittle and snap when removed unevenly. Ask them to be gentle with this particular part.

- If you get the original MB glass (signature), there's no need for calibration as it will fit the sensors exactly in place. Erroneous attempts by less-trained technicians can make things worse. I would happily bypass this part.

The scary parts of this job are the cutting wire caught on the pillars and also when the technician wants to stand on the door frame with those rough boots!! I'll take some thick towels or carpet to keep the door seals unscratched!

Hope all goes well. Send us some pictures if you can ;-)

Mark.

Bike carrier

A topic from a while ago. But I finally took the plunge with a Thule 991 Raceway 2 bike carrier.

Have included a few photos of it on the car.

Am using it this week, so will report back with any issues - but it was very easy to fit, feels secure, is a good distance from the car and locks the bikes to the carrier and the carrier to the car.

Only problem is the number plate - got to see if I can get a spare created tomorrow before we go...

Attachments

• IMG_6804.jpg
    IMG_6804.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6805.jpg
    IMG_6805.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6806.jpg
    IMG_6806.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 67
Has anyone managed to get the Off peak charging profiles working with Mercedes Me App ?

It just never seems to save the options I configured - could be me working it incorrectly

Duplicate post

Attachments

• IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Has anyone managed to get the Off peak charging profiles working with Mercedes Me App ?

It just never seems to save the options I configured - could be me working it incorrectly

I finally figured this out after help from Mercedes support.

On the peak/off-peak settings, press one of the + buttons to make an extra marker appear on the clock then move the markers around until one of them ends somewhere around 1-2am, depending on when your economy 7 starts. Then click on each of the periods between the markers and change the type of period so it looks roughly like mine (attached). Set a departure time, plug in during the "do not charge" period and charging will pause until the off-peak period starts.

I'm not sure you need three periods to be set. I created them before I found out they only work if you have a departure time set, so as long as you have a do not charge period that starts before you want to plug in and ends after your economy 7 starts, it should be fine.

How easy is that? :wallbash:

Attachments

• IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 30
A topic from a while ago. But I finally took the plunge with a Thule 991 Raceway 2 bike carrier.

Have included a few photos of it on the car.

Am using it this week, so will report back with any issues - but it was very easy to fit, feels secure, is a good distance from the car and locks the bikes to the carrier and the carrier to the car.

Only problem is the number plate - got to see if I can get a spare created tomorrow before we go...

Hi, did the Thule scratch the car?

I cant even get to 16" kids bikes in the car.

Hi, did the Thule scratch the car?

I cant even get to 16" kids bikes in the car.

I keep wishing I'd specified the tow bar, but it would have had a huge BIK impact...

Fuse box down left side kick panel put a cigar lighter socket in that fuse box on ignition feed, just watch what fuse u use as merc use silver coated fuses and must not use anything else cigar lighter sockets can be got easy enough on ebay

I hard wired my Dash Cam in a couple of weeks ago, I soon discovered that the Fuses in the Box in the LH Footwell are all live all of the time, my Dash Cam came with instructions to use a fuse that is Ignition Switched Off! In the W205 C Class there is another Fuse Box at the end of the Dash Board where the Drivers Door butts against it, the Cover is a total pain to remove but most of the Fuses are Ignition Off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom