C63 507 Model Register

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Where can you get it done?
Royal Steering Wheels in Aylesbury
Also try Steering wheel re-trim,retrim and repair services leather alcantara custom carbon fibre and wood

I picked up a leaflet of another company when at Sports cars in the Park earlier this year, they only advertise their Instagram page though, I took a look but it wasn't up to much. They had a BMW 435 with bespoke alcantara dash board, their work looked very good. 'Bespoke alcantara' is the name of the company (I have no association with them, just admired their work).

Chaps,

I have a set of 18” AMG alloy wheels that I want to fit winter tyres to.

Any recommendations as to the best winter tyre choice?

If anyone is thinking of selling their 507 coupe have a look on the C63AMG UK FB group. There is a guy on there looking for one with low mileage and a few other requirements but he does have a very healthy budget apparently.

Forgive me! But there are some winter tyres for a C63 in the classifieds, which I'm interested in. But done have the privileges. If someone could contact Jame5 it would be appreciated :thumb:

Forgive me! But there are some winter tyres for a C63 in the classifieds, which I'm interested in. But done have the privileges. If someone could contact Jame5 it would be appreciated :thumb:

I have sent Jame5 a message asking him to respond on this thread.

Hi

Clubber L. AMGeed alerted me to your post. The tyres I have for sale are almost sold. I’ve arranged to make a sale on Saturday. If the buyer changes his mind i will post back on this thread.
Big thanks to AMGeed for alerting me to this thread.

Gents,

My 507 Coupe doesn’t have a reversing camera and I’d like to get one retro fitted.

Can anyone recommend an outfit that can do this? The closer to Oxford the better.

Thanks.

^ I cant comment on the company in your link, but would thoroughly recommend ComandOnline in Lightwater Surrey for supply and fit of a reversing camera.
They will also update your datacard to show it is now a listed option. Have your Vin# handy if you do contact them.

W204 C Class saloon/sedan/coupe Reversing Camera kit

Hi,
I am looking to sell my 63 plate Iridium Silver Edition 507 estate, one of the approximately 20 estate 507 in the country.
The car has had a single owner. I purchased the vehicle new in October 2013 from Mercedes in Aberdeen.

Both the exterior and interior of the car are in great condition. The 19” wheels are in excellent condition and there is good tread left on the matching Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres. There is also a set of 18” AMG alloys with matching Michelin Cross Climate tyres that have hardly been used and are currently fitted to the car.

The car has a standard option list exept for a Quaife LSD that I had fitted.
Mileage is currently 68,825 and this won’t change much as the car will only be used occasionally through the winter.
It has a Full Mercedes service history - Next service is showing A Service as due in 125 days
The MOT valid until 31st October 2020
The expensive composite Front Brake Discs and pads replaced (Back pads & discs also changed at the same time) - April 2018 with 55k miles on the clock
There is the balance of a transferable 1 year Mercedes warrantee, valid until Oct 2020.

I'm looking for £32,500 for the car with the warrantee and winter wheels/tyres.

If you are interested pls pm me for more details and pictures.

Thanks
Alex

Hi,
I am looking to sell my 63 plate Iridium Silver Edition 507 estate, one of the approximately 20 estate 507 in the country.
The car has had a single owner. I purchased the vehicle new in October 2013 from Mercedes in Aberdeen.

Both the exterior and interior of the car are in great condition. The 19” wheels are in excellent condition and there is good tread left on the matching Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres. There is also a set of 18” AMG alloys with matching Michelin Cross Climate tyres that have hardly been used and are currently fitted to the car.

The car has a standard option list exept for a Quaife LSD that I had fitted.
Mileage is currently 68,825 and this won’t change much as the car will only be used occasionally through the winter.
It has a Full Mercedes service history - Next service is showing A Service as due in 125 days
The MOT valid until 31st October 2020
The expensive composite Front Brake Discs and pads replaced (Back pads & discs also changed at the same time) - April 2018 with 55k miles on the clock
There is the balance of a transferable 1 year Mercedes warrantee, valid until Oct 2020.

I'm looking for £32,500 for the car with the warrantee and winter wheels/tyres.

If you are interested pls pm me for more details and pictures.

Thanks
Alex
The last 1 owner Estate on the list. Good luck with the sale.

Having driven a low owners 24k miles 507 Coupe and a one owner 23k miles 507 estate, I’m and intrigued by the fact that they seem different with regards to suspension and exhaust noise.

The estate has softer and slightly more compliant suspension, which is actually quite welcome on Oxford’s pot hole strewn roads!

The estate also has a slightly quieter exhaust note, this, of course, is slightly less welcome as I just love the noise these things make.

As far as I know, both cars are standard.

I’m wondering if this is a deliberate difference engineered in by Mercedes, or of it’s just natural variation between cars?

Having driven a low owners 24k miles 507 Coupe and a one owner 23k miles 507 estate, I’m and intrigued by the fact that they seem different with regards to suspension and exhaust noise.

The estate has softer and slightly more compliant suspension, which is actually quite welcome on Oxford’s pot hole strewn roads!

The estate also has a slightly quieter exhaust note, this, of course, is slightly less welcome as I just love the noise these things make.

I’m wondering if this is a deliberate difference engineered in by Mercedes, or of it’s just natural variation between cars?

Is the difference noticeable both inside and outside? If just inside I suspect the level of NVH may be different and obviously the fact the estate has a different boot floor/rear seat divide might also affect the interior NVH.

Dan

Is the difference noticeable both inside and outside? If just inside I suspect the level of NVH may be different and obviously the fact the estate has a different boot floor/rear seat divide might also affect the interior NVH.

Dan
As Dan says, it's likely to be the difference in the interior cabin size/shape from a noise perspective.

Suspension should be exactly the same though. Don't think the springs or dampers were any different.

Nigel

Are the tyres are you running on the Estate same as the coupe? Tyres can make a difference to the ride as can their condition/age.

Apparently the estate exhaust pipe is a little longer than the Coupe, perhaps that takes a dB or 2 off the noise?

Other than that, I’m with you guys, it must be the body shape / design / acoustics at play. The thing is, I had expected an estate, without the luggage bay cover, to be noisier than a Coupe. Guess I was wrong.

Re tyres, no, they’re not the same and perhaps this is the reason for the slightly different feel there.

I’m still very much enjoying the car though. I’m having a reversing camera fitted soon and the winter wheels / tyres.

One happy 507er !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom