C63 v Boxster S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not many air cooled Boxsters about :D Only happens when the radiator leaks

Having previously owned both 987 & 981 Boxsters and currently driving a C63, in my experience the Porsches were miles better in terms of driving pleasure. And they both even sounded better than the C63 from the driver's seat!

I am gay and for reasons that are obvious wouldn't buy a Boxster. I would choose the far more masculine SLK55 but that's because I am butch.

The SLK55 is much faster than a Boxster but does not handle as well, pretty much all the reviews rate the Boxster over the SLK and most others!

Personal choice which you prefer but the Boxster is the better drivers car!

The SLK55 is much faster than a Boxster but does not handle as well, pretty much all the reviews rate the Boxster over the SLK and most others!

Personal choice which you prefer but the Boxster is the better drivers car!

Having driven a few Porsche they just don't do it for me. At the time I always got back in the M3 and it felt better.

Boxster sounds better than a c63? Okaayyyy

What did you expect?

I didn't say I was surprised, it seems pretty much typical of this particular forum. But I guess that's what you get when immature, sexually conflicted
young men, who still live at home, start buying cheap AMGs... :thumb:

The AMG experience is more dominated by the exhaust noise. With the Boxsters, earlier ones in particular, there is miles less sound deadening plus the engine is about 1 foot behind you almost in the cabin, there is more engine/mechanical/induction noise. From inside the car I think in the main my Boxster sounds better than my C55. The C55 is much louder from outside though.

Perhaps it would help if we were comparing like with like!!

The AMG experience is more dominated by the exhaust noise. With the Boxsters, earlier ones in particular, there is miles less sound deadening plus the engine is about 1 foot behind you almost in the cabin, there is more engine/mechanical/induction noise. From inside the car I think in the main my Boxster sounds better than my C55. The C55 is much louder from outside though.

I'm sure the Boxster is a nice car to drive and is fast round the track but how many times you use the track during the year ?
I own my 63 for 4 years now and every I get to drive it i always have a huge smile on my face and that not many cars can achieve this, comparing a Boxster to a c63 is just ridiculous.

Having driven a few Porsche they just don't do it for me. At the time I always got back in the M3 and it felt better.
Totally agree I have yet to drive anything that brought me the same driver satisfaction as my M3 in fact I think I might be heading back to the dark side shortly. Just bought a Z4 for one of my pal's 3.0 M sport what a car that is since then I find myself looking at Z4M's :)

Sent using Tapatalk

Having previously owned both 987 & 981 Boxsters and currently driving a C63, in my experience the Porsches were miles better in terms of driving pleasure. And they both even sounded better than the C63 from the driver's seat!
I'm a serious Porsche fan but , you're on drugs here pal.

I'm sure the Boxster is a nice car to drive and is fast round the track but how many times you use the track during the year ?
I own my 63 for 4 years now and every I get to drive it i always have a huge smile on my face and that not many cars can achieve this, comparing a Boxster to a c63 is just ridiculous.

I pretty much never drive it on track :D However, for the last 4 or 5 years when I has come to choose which car to take on a Euro driving trip to Alps, Pyrennes etc it's no contest. For me for quicker more enthusiastic driving with corners Boxster every time. I love my C55 too but there is a reason I have both because they excel at different things.

I pretty much never drive it on track :D However, for the last 4 or 5 years when I has come to choose which car to take on a Euro driving trip to Alps, Pyrennes etc it's no contest. For me for quicker more enthusiastic driving with corners Boxster every time. I love my C55 too but there is a reason I have both because they excel at different things.

If it pleases you that's all it matters,each to their own.
IMO I'd love to do a eurotrip in a s/cl65 a proper mile muncher.

homerdog said:
I didn't say I was surprised, it seems pretty much typical of this particular forum. But I guess that's what you get when immature, sexually conflicted young men, who still live at home, start buying cheap AMGs... :thumb:

I don't think I've ever seen a post on here as ridiculous, and far off the mark as this one

Bravo

I didn't say I was surprised, it seems pretty much typical of this particular forum. But I guess that's what you get when immature, sexually conflicted
young men, who still live at home, start buying cheap AMGs... :thumb:

As opposed to fat lonely bald old men who live on their own that buy Porsches because they think it makes them look attractive to the opposite sex?

I am gay and for reasons that are obvious wouldn't buy a Boxster. I would choose the far more masculine SLK55 but that's because I am butch.

I think I love you Stu - perhaps not in that way, although, thinking about it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom